BlueFireReaper

So I beat the Pokémon league with my oddball team of:

Smeargle lvl 62

Whimsicott lvl 60

Raichu lvl 61

Mimikyu lvl 59

Vaporeon lvl 60

Talonflame lvl 61

The final trainer gave me a tough time, but overall it wasn't too bad. Now I need to make my competitive team. I might keep Talonflame and Vaporeon, but Mimikyu has to be my favorite gen 7 Pokémon and will definitely make the team!

20 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Thanks again. Trade the Ninetails for wonder fodder or keep it. and FYI it's holding a PP up.

Issok. And thanks for the PP up. I think I have a few already from Lotto too.

There is something I am TRYING to do, on 3DS (which I upgraded to a New 3DS on Monday); Take a screenshot of the top screen. So I have photo evidence of the Shiny Mareanie, and so I can do the QR version of the thing, to share it.

I beat the pokemon league with this team:

Decidueye (lvl 53)

Salazzle (lvl 51)

Espeon (lvl 51)

Garchomp (lvl 51)

Greninja (lvl 56)

Kommo-o (lvl 49)

My team was little bit underleveled, because I disabled Exp. share and it lacked some defensive/bulky pokemon. I really enjoyed pokemon Sun; it has very fun and entertaining story mode and I think it's very story heavy compared to previous games. Pokemon Sun is probably my second favorite pokemon game after Soul Silver/Heart Gold. Can't wait to transfer my OP pokemon from Gen 6 games and do some competitive battling.

Edited by Viscera1900

Just beat the Pokemon League after nearly 40 hours. My team after that is:

Lycanroc (62)

Mudscale (61)

Vikavolt (60)

Lunala (62)

Incineroar (62)

Kommo-o (58)

I think it is a good Pokemon game (better than Black for sure, maybe a little worse than Y) and I liked the changes it brought to gameplay (trials instead of gyms, lack of HM). On the other hand, I think it has the most linear story ever. I don't know, maybe that rotom made it that way...

And now I go for the post game. Just got the other two starters from the GTS.

On 12/13/2016 at 7:11 AM, zeldagate13 said:

I think it is a good Pokemon game (better than Black for sure, maybe a little worse than Y) and I liked the changes it brought to gameplay (trials instead of gyms, lack of HM). On the other hand, I think it has the most linear story ever. I don't know, maybe that rotom made it that way...

I wouldn't call it the most linear story ever. The original RBY had an extremely straightforward story (Giovanni being Viridian City's Gym Leader was an interesting pseudo-twist though), GSC's story was borderline nonexistent, and RSE had a story that was just plain dumb. Sun and Moon had a pretty decent story with some interesting (if extremely predictable) twists.

Edited by darkamdusias

I beat Elite Four on Sunday. My team was lv 55 - lv 59. It was the first time ever I've struggled with Elite Four in any Pokémon game. I felt it was very difficult to form a team with good type coverage and several of my Pokémon kept fainting as I couldn't predict what moves the opponents would have. By the time I was crowned a champion I had almost run out of all resources (revives, potions).

Decent game but I felt something was missing as I didn't feel like continuing to post game activities yet. I'll go back to Pokémon Sun after playing some other games for a while.

Edited by Eyjabria

20 hours ago, BlackXFrostZwei said:

After 500-something or more soft resets with synchronized attached,

finally got a 5IV Adamant Zygarde with Power Construct:

zyg7.jpg

Going for a bulky rest talk DD set with Thousand Waves.

Thousand Waves is awesome. It hits everything from flying types, even goes through levitate and air balloon.

Nice. I'm trying for one at the moment, but have not had as much luck. I'll get there. Eventually. I'm stuck with my Hasty Power Construct Zygarde one for now.

• Like 1

Beat the league on Monday. But been busy until now.

My team after the end;

Incineroar (63)
Primarina (62)
Decidueye (62)
Kommo-o (60)
Vikavolt (59)
A-Dugtrio (57)

On 13/12/2016 at 0:11 PM, zeldagate13 said:

I can help with that if you want it.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:12 AM, darkamdusias said:

Nice. I'm trying for one at the moment, but have not had as much luck. I'll get there. Eventually. I'm stuck with my Hasty Power Construct Zygarde one for now.

Yea there are days where there's not a tad of luck's given. I remember soft resetting on a specific legend for days and havent gotten a desired stat.

Are you trying for Adamant nature as well? or other natures? 

And my bad I meant Thousand Arrows not Thousand waves for the ground type move that hits flying types.

------

Just caught a perfect Nihilego with Hidden Power Ice while shiny breeding Mimikyu.

IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31

HP: Ice

Nature: Timid

Spoiler

K7xXirF.jpg

I can't even believe this would happen (perfectly), was at least expecting decent stats as I am only going for HP Ice.:lol:

Edited by BlackXFrostZwei
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BlackXFrostZwei said:

Yea there are days where there's not a tad of luck's given. I remember soft resetting on a specific legend for days and havent gotten a desired stat.

Are you trying for Adamant nature as well? or other natures? 

And my bad I meant Thousand Arrows not Thousand waves for the ground type move that hits flying types.

------

Just caught a perfect Nihilego with Hidden Power Ice while shiny breeding Mimikyu.

IVs: 30/31/30/31/31/31

HP: Ice

Nature: Timid

Reveal hidden contents

K7xXirF.jpg

I can't even believe this would happen (perfectly), was at least expecting decent stats as I am only going for HP Ice.:lol:

I'm going for Adamant Nature as well; I was thinking of running a set with Dragon Dance, Thousand Arrows, Extremespeed, and Iron Tail (hate the accuracy, but Zygarde hates ice and fairy types more).

Also, that Nihilego is a thing of beauty. :o

Edited by darkamdusias

5 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

I can breed you one when I get home. :)

I got a friend to help me recently, so I'm good now.

I think all I need to get is a Scyther, may not be 100% sure there though, and I will have all the regular pokemon's first form for 'dex

17 hours ago, dmann said:

I got a friend to help me recently, so I'm good now.

I think all I need to get is a Scyther, may not be 100% sure there though, and I will have all the regular pokemon's first form for 'dex

Nice! Scyther isn't too bad to get - I've had a couple join me from Poke Pelago, and there's a 30% chance one will attack you from certain shaking trees in Poni Plains; that's much better than the 1-5% rare Pokemon spawn rates all over this game. :)

1 hour ago, darkamdusias said:

Nice! Scyther isn't too bad to get - I've had a couple join me from Poke Pelago, and there's a 30% chance one will attack you from certain shaking trees in Poni Plains; that's much better than the 1-5% rare Pokemon spawn rates all over this game. :)

I used GTS, traded a Sharpedo (that I had bred once for the dex entry) for one.

I just need to evolve things now. And catch 3 Tapa's. And all the UB's. Etc...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have a 3DS any more, sold it because I wasn't playing on it any more (even though I had Ocarina and Pokémon Y unfinished).

Last Pokémon game I played through was Platinum. I also played through Emerald, FireRed, Crystal, and Blue.

I hope the rumours are true and there's a Pokémon Stars in development for the Switch, I would definitely buy it.

I have one problem with later generations though, the mons become more and more far-fetched. (no, not Farfetch'd, harhar). I prefer the first set of 151, I guess. I think they lost me at Sploink... Looking at the starters for Sun/Moon, I'd take the water one (like I have always done except for one time with Charmander) but none are looking really appealing.

Let's see, uhm, hypothetical, looking at the Alola Pokédex... Primarina, Butterfree, Gengar, Komo-o, Krookodile, Sandslash. How's that?

• 2 weeks later...