Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

Iirc I have all heroines apart from Silica and Kotone because I cross saved outfits they had on Vita version. If you cross save, heroines stay in the outfit they had at the time of cross save.

Since Silica had her final costume and Kotone had the one I liked the most out of 3 main, I wasn't unlocking costumes for them.

That's why I didn't know about Kotone's final costume =D

Nope, bonus characters do not have a bonus costume.

Ok, good to know about costumes carrying over.

That's a bit disappointing, thought they'd have bonus outfits too considering there are CG images for them,

And @Dragon I would, but I haven't unlocked all subitems yet so I don't know all the ones that are left :P I counted 67 So far that I have done though xD

Ok then go unlock them. The first one in each category are one of the easiest implements.

• Like 1

I spent about 6 hours going through Hollow Missions to get some info about them for the guide. Also going to include implements and the best (meaning fastest and least annoying) way to get them. After that I cleared floors 96, 97, and 98. I did not expect Sugou to make an appearance, that was a real surprise. Too bad I couldn't wipe the floor with him like Kirito did at the end of the Fairy Dances arc. Now to see if the trophy for all the Last Attack Bonuses will pop. Oh and I bought the Infinity Ankh for 90 million Col, because those ~364 million Col is just sitting there waiting to be spent :lol:

CostumE. 

Not costumeS.

Only the one heroine is wearing carries over. All other costumes need to be unlocked again.

Well that sucks, the developers should reward gamers who already completed stuff instead of just resetting almost everything.

Turns out PSN won't let me sync my trophies right now but I've managed to encounter a really special pop-up in the top right corner of my screen. :D

As per tradition here are my stats in a screenshot with a severely underrated heroine. :)

RM98L4n.jpg

(Pay attention to the STR stat.  :giggle: (That happened by accident by the way, no special stat tweaking involved.))

And here is the most boring trophy screenshot of all times.  <_<

J5x7Lo8.jpg

Also, I don't get why the 100 HNM trophy is gold but the 100 implement trophy is silver. The latter takes like 10 times as much work to complete.

And I did not get as lucky as Dragon-Archon. My 100 implement trophy popped exactly at the 100 mark instead of glitching out and popping at 98.

Nice, congrats :yay:. Which 7 implements did you complete? I'm guessing you like Lisbeth the best out of the 7 heroines. Also that dungeon seems a lot like the Frozen Temple of Obliteration where lots of strong golems spawn :hmm:.

Yeah, I agree the trophy for the implements should be gold.

• Like 1

Nice, congrats :yay:. Which 7 implements did you complete? I'm guessing you like Lisbeth the best out of the 7 heroines. Also that dungeon seems a lot like the Frozen Temple of Obliteration where lots of strong golems spawn :hmm:.

Yeah, I agree the trophy for the implements should be gold.

Those were the 5 (turns out I misscounted when making that list ^^) implements.

• Sleipnir Greaves (Use Step to dodge attacks from enemies Lv110+ | 102/300)
  • Sonic Ring (Burst ATKs on enemies Lv120+ | 0/1000)
  • Mistilteinn (Defeat NMs Lv130+ | 0/20)
  • Girdle of the Royal Red Stone (Take Ability Scores DW from enemies | 0/40)
  • Take Poison damage from enemies | 0/40)

The only implement out of that list that I would not recommend doing would be Mistilteinn (unless your main weapon already is a rapier) since there are like 3 missions that have a lvl 130+ NM in them that you have to farm over and over again, all of them have long walk times because the NM is in a really awkward place and on top of that, since the weapon that you're given during the implement is a rapier, all fights take an annoying amount of time to complete. I bet I could have done 2 or 3 other implements in the time I finished that one...

Yep, I think Liz slightly takes the edge after Silica, I don't know why but I have a thing for both crafty and cute girls, so when there's both character types in one game I always have a hard time deciding on a favorite. :P

And once again you are right. I tried that strat out and got a solid level per run, which took like up to 2 minutes for every run. Overall I didn't even need more than 10 minutes of leveling since all those HNMs and implements got me up to lvl 144 and the first run got me directly to lvl 146.  xD

Edited by xFalionx

20 more implements left and this plat should finally be mine (If Beta tester or memories doesn't glitch)...

Anyhow, quick question, is there a quick way to farm bleed and poison on yourself? (aside from that skill that raises SP but gives you bleed, I can't be bothered to go for mastery in rapier/katana)

I tried letting myself get hit by either a reaper type boss or by the enemies that use scythes (for bleed), but it takes for freaking ever :/

The only implement out of that list that I would not recommend doing would be Mistilteinn (unless your main weapon already is a rapier) since there are like 3 missions that have a lvl 130+ NM in them that you have to farm over and over again, all of them have long walk times because the NM is in a really awkward place and on top of that, since the weapon that you're given during the implement is a rapier, all fights take an annoying amount of time to complete. I bet I could have done 2 or 3 other implements in the time I finished that one...

I did that implement in less then half an hour. The discard area has a mission with 2 lvl 145 NM's, kill one, leave the area and re-enter to restart the mission, easy enough. + There's even a teleporter nearby if you did the quest for the Esoteric skill. I do agree that a rapier is a terrible weapon though.

Edited by Yami

20 more implements left and this plat should finally be mine (If Beta tester or memories doesn't glitch)...

Anyhow, quick question, is there a quick way too farm bleed and poison on yourself? (aside from that skill that raises SP but gives you bleed, I can't be bothered to go for mastery in rapier/katana)

I tried letting myself get hit by either a reaper type boss or by the enemies that use scythes (for bleed), but it takes for freaking ever :/

I used I used the big purple mushrooms in the western part of Deep Forest of Cordon (Discard Area, lava side) for poison and Ability Scores DW. They will net you around 1 count per minute, making both implements basically 40 minutes long. Just pull a group of 3 and they barely do any damage and have a relatively high chance of inflicting said debuffs. Just make sure to use Purify Fire to make it a bit faster.

Dragon said that the hollow reaper boss of the Ginrogia Great Void is good for bleed, but I didn't get to do that implement, so I can't confirm that.

Forgot to mention that I finally beat the crap out of the DLC Kobold Lord HNM on Graysreev Beach and got the Assassin Shenti, which fits nicely with the Assassin Cloak :dance:.

Those were the 5 (turns out I misscounted when making that list ^^) implements.

• Sleipnir Greaves (Use Step to dodge attacks from enemies Lv110+ | 102/300)
  • Sonic Ring (Burst ATKs on enemies Lv120+ | 0/1000)
  • Mistilteinn (Defeat NMs Lv130+ | 0/20)
  • Girdle of the Royal Red Stone (Take Ability Scores DW from enemies | 0/40)
  • Take Poison damage from enemies | 0/40)

Yep, I think Liz slightly takes the edge after Silica, I don't know why but I have a thing for both crafty and cute girls, so when there's both character types in one game I always have a hard time deciding on a favorite. :P

And once again you are right. I tried that strat out and got a solid level per run, which took like up to 2 minutes for every run. Overall I didn't even need more than 10 minutes of leveling since all those HNMs and implements got me up to lvl 144 and the first run got me directly to lvl 146.  xD

Nice :yay:.

I already maxed out the rapier mastery a long time ago to get more skill points, so that implement wouldn't bother me that much. I wrote down about 12 Hollow Missions where lvl 130+ NMs spawn and lots of areas in Arbelast Otherworld and Discard Area have lvl 130+ NMs as regular spawns.

Awesome, I also went up one level during every run. Best leveling up spot so far :dance:.

Anyhow, quick question, is there a quick way to farm bleed and poison on yourself? (aside from that skill that raises SP but gives you bleed, I can't be bothered to go for mastery in rapier/katana)

Sadly that skill doesn't count towards the implement, neither will poisoning and debuffing yourself. It has to be inflicted by enemies. The Hollowreaper boss in the Void area is a great way to get the bleed implement done, choose the Defender role in mp to get higher defense and to save your progress in case you die and reduce the boss' health until it becomes red. The Hollowreaper will become faster and gain more attacks, most of which can inflict bleeding. Afterwards just let the boss beat you up while healing and using Purify Fire when they're ready. It should take about 20 minutes. Also get rid of any equipment that raises bleeding resistance. This implement is also the only debuff implement where stacked bleeding counts towards the implement. For poison and stats down you have to get rid of the debuffs first, otherwise the timer until the debuff disappears will just reset.

I did the poison implement in the Dark Curtain Spawning Site in the Arbelast Otherworld, there's a lvl 143 NM in the upper right corner that does a poison cloud attacks after every 2-3 melee attacks. I chose that one because my evasion stat was too high and the shield blocked most attacks. 

For equipment try the Last Attack bonuses from the DLC HNMs. The insect queen in Serpentis gives the Assassin's Cloak and the Kobold Lord in Graysreev Beach drops the Assassin Shenti belt, both have Bleed -100, Poison -100, and Paralyze -100, though the cloak won't work during the bleed implement, because you get a guest cloak from the implement.

For stats down I went to the Amber Abyss in the Discard Area, but any slime enemy, axe-wielding enemy, and spear enemy will do (preferably all 3 as they each inflict different stat down debuffs). Things like blind, stun, paralyze, etc. won't count, it has to be strength down, agility down, vitality down, etc.

I used I used the big purple mushrooms in the western part of Deep Forest of Cordon (Discard Area, lava side) for poison and Ability Scores DW. They will net you around 1 count per minute, making both implements basically 40 minutes long. Just pull a group of 3 and they barely do any damage and have a relatively high chance of inflicting said debuffs. Just make sure to use Purify Fire to make it a bit faster.

Dragon said that the hollow reaper boss of the Ginrogia Great Void is good for bleed, but I didn't get to do that implement, so I can't confirm that.

You can still try the implement, there's no rule against completing more than 100 :awesome:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Forgot to mention that I finally beat the crap out of the DLC Kobold Lord HNM on Graysreev Beach and got the Assassin Shenti, which fits nicely with the Assassin Cloak :dance:.

Nice :yay:.

I already maxed out the rapier mastery a long time ago to get more skill points, so that implement wouldn't bother me that much. I wrote down about 12 Hollow Missions where lvl 130+ NMs spawn and lots of areas in Arbelast Otherworld and Discard Area have lvl 130+ NMs as regular spawns.

Awesome, I also went up one level during every run. Best leveling up spot so far :dance:.

Sadly that skill doesn't count towards the implement, neither will poisoning and debuffing yourself. It has to be inflicted by enemies. The Hollowreaper boss in the Void area is a great way to get the bleed implement done, choose the Defender role in mp to get higher defense and to save your progress in case you die and reduce the boss' health until it becomes red. The Hollowreaper will become faster and gain more attacks, most of which can inflict bleeding. Afterwards just let the boss beat you up while healing and using Purify Fire when they're ready. It should take about 20 minutes. Also get rid of any equipment that raises bleeding resistance. This implement is also the only debuff implement where stacked bleeding counts towards the implement. For poison and stats down you have to get rid of the debuffs first, otherwise the timer until the debuff disappears will just reset.

I did the poison implement in the Dark Curtain Spawning Site in the Arbelast Otherworld, there's a lvl 143 NM in the upper right corner that does a poison cloud attacks after every 2-3 melee attacks. I chose that one because my evasion stat was too high and the shield blocked most attacks. 

For equipment try the Last Attack bonuses from the DLC HNMs. The insect queen in Serpentis gives the Assassin's Cloak and the Kobold Lord in Graysreev Beach drops the Assassin Shenti belt, both have Bleed -100, Poison -100, and Paralyze -100, though the cloak won't work during the bleed implement, because you get a guest cloak from the implement.

For stats down I went to the Amber Abyss in the Discard Area, but any slime enemy, axe-wielding enemy, and spear enemy will do (preferably all 3 as they each inflict different stat down debuffs). Things like blind, stun, paralyze, etc. won't count, it has to be strength down, agility down, vitality down, etc.

You can still try the implement, there's no rule against completing more than 100 :awesome:.

Thanks for the tips ! I should hopefully have this done by at maximum friday...

Yeah, once you get the right equipment that HNM just crumbles away like a soggy cookie. :P

I mean I might do that once the initial shock has subsided a little , just for sake of completion but I wouldn't classify that as likely yet. :D If someone were to gift me a PS4 and the corresponding version of the game, I might try out finding a solution for that "How many levels carry over to the other game" question that was pondered about 10 pages ago, though.  :eyebrow: It seems like a steep price but advances in science are priceless.  :awesome:

Thanks for the tips ! I should hopefully have this done by at maximum friday...

No problem, good luck with it :D.

Yeah, once you get the right equipment that HNM just crumbles away like a soggy cookie. :P

I mean I might do that once the initial shock has subsided a little , just for sake of completion but I wouldn't classify that as likely yet. :D If someone were to gift me a PS4 and the corresponding version of the game, I might try out finding a solution for that "How many levels carry over to the other game" question that was pondered about 10 pages ago, though.  :eyebrow: It seems like a steep price but advances in science are priceless.  :awesome:

It was especially satisfying because that HNM would always jump backwards, even when I ordered Asuna to stun him before charging the NRE :rolleyes: . One time he even jumped back and when I started an OSS chain, he jumped again  :shakefist:.  So I came back 8 levels and 1 Ragnarok later to beat him into a pulp.

That sounds like a heavy burden to carry alone, I'll help you out :awesome:.

• Like 1

Just wondering if this thread will still be active after Realization releases. Because I want to come back around Christmas time and won't be able to get the game until next year.

Probably no, but you can appeal to soul =D

Goal:

Our goal is to finish/platinum either Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment or Sword Art Online: Re;Hollow Fragment before Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization is released in the US and EU.

Well, it shouldn't be that bad. The leveling was the most fun I've had in this game. :P

I don't know why but I just like leveling things in general.

I actually found the lvling to be the easiest part and fun. I enjoyed lvling all the skills too... Satoshi is it harder to lvl on vita?

Just wondering if this thread will still be active after Realization releases. Because I want to come back around Christmas time and won't be able to get the game until next year.

I'll stand by you as well, I've enjoyed looking at my email and seeing updates from people. It really is a great game imo.

Soul hear thee! Let the thread continue indefinitely!

I personally don't think he'll lock it anyway, and I'm sure if it's not locked people will respond to your questions. I wouldn't fret too much :)

I actually found the lvling to be the easiest part and fun. I enjoyed lvling all the skills too... Satoshi is it harder to lvl on vita?

I'll stand by you as well, I've enjoyed looking at my email and seeing updates from people. It really is a great game imo.

Soul hear thee! Let the thread continue indefinitely!

I personally don't think he'll lock it anyway, and I'm sure if it's not locked people will respond to your questions. I wouldn't fret too much :)

I thought he said something about new participants not being able to join after the Hollow Realization's release date :hmm:.

That Infinity Ankh I got is amazing, definitely worth it for 90 million Col. For everyone who doesn't know where to get it: you can only buy it once you've reached floor 99 in Aincrad and it's sold at the armor shop on floor 76. When you enter the shopping area from the place where Agil's shop it, take the right turn. At the end of this street, it's the shop on the right. Do note that the Infinity Ankh will disappear from the shop after clearing floor 99.

Was it this thread? I vaguely remember seeing that message. 

Yeah, here's the message:

So since Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization US and EU release date has been revealed the last day to join this event is November 7th.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

That Infinity Ankh I got is amazing, definitely worth it for 90 million Col. For everyone who doesn't know where to get it: you can only buy it once you've reached floor 99 in Aincrad and it's sold at the armor shop on floor 76. When you enter the shopping area from the place where Agil's shop it, take the right turn. At the end of this street, it's the shop on the right. Do note that the Infinity Ankh will disappear from the shop after clearing floor 99.

Well, that's a shame since I already cleared floor 99 but I think I'll do at least 1 full NG+ anyways before putting down the game for good. I also want that exeterna sword thing that everyone's been talking about, I just gotta find out how to find the HNM for that. :P

Beat floor 99 and got the Beta Tester trophy. All 5 bosses died from one NRE :lol:.

Well, that's a shame since I already cleared floor 99 but I think I'll do at least 1 full NG+ anyways before putting down the game for good. I also want that exeterna sword thing that everyone's been talking about, I just gotta find out how to find the HNM for that. :P

Yeah, it raises all the stats, which in turn makes NRE so much more powerful. Shining Dragon Externa is the last HNM in the Ultra Hard Quest (9 in total). That can be accessed in the Discard Area console after completing the Grand Quest. The boss is around lvl 250, so being around lvl 200 is what most recommend.

Beat floor 99 and got the Beta Tester trophy. All 5 bosses died from one NRE :lol:.

Yeah, it raises all the stats, which in turn makes NRE so much more powerful. Shining Dragon Externa is the last HNM in the Ultra Hard Quest (9 in total). That can be accessed in the Discard Area console after completing the Grand Quest. The boss is around lvl 250, so being around lvl 200 is what most recommend.

The story bosses are as soft as butter once you are overleveled and have some good equipment. But I remember them taking 2 NRE at lvl 130 before getting equipment. (The most useful things I had at that point were the LABs of the previous boses.)

Well, I'm gonna try it at lvl 150 anyways since I can just fire off 2 OSS, kite that thing around for a few minutes and repeat until it dies. Well, unless the dragon spawns adds, that might make kiting it somewhat harder.