Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

On 7/18/2017 at 6:23 AM, Saionji said:

Ok, I made some decent progress so I wanted to post it here :)

ddlZ3xG.jpg

Right now I m maxing affection with heroines and I m 4/7 done.

Also required implements and hollow missions completed, my lv is 150 which I was grinding in Discard area.

I barely played the story in Aincrad and I m at 31/100 HNM defeated in Hollow area. Also I finished the story in Hollow Area and my trophy progress is 35%

Defeating the rest of HNM, collecting all CG's and going through Aincrad left for the plat as well as max the remaining 3 heroines.

P.S. I think it will take me 200h+ overall to complete this game as I was wasting a lot of time fighting monsters and exploring :D

congratulations on your platinum. i took a break for my first amazing run with P5. been back at this the past few days running through the floors and thankfully really enjoying my time once again. sounds like you played kinda how i did that took up the most time in the start, fighting monsters, looting, exploring, leveling weapon proficiencies lol. in the hollow area i only completed 76 implements and beat the kobold HNM twice only though. the thing i'm nervous about is how doable are HNM's in general without crazy mastery of OSS's? i'll be honest, i'm terrible at them. i'm honestly not sure how i'd pull them off with dual blades since that's the weapon type i got the esoteric skill for lol.

honestly, if levels and equips can make a difference, i might not mind defeating HNM's without OSS's if possible. i managed the kobold lord one pretty alright. i think the OSS's are my most worrying thing. xD it takes me awhile to even get it right with the katana which i used for a few implements. it just sounds crazy with DW when you got some sword skills that do 16-22 combos or something like that lol.

i picked up the crimson gauntlets today, that and the esoteric skill for DW has been destroying the floor bosses. although i had my first scare when even though my combo was still running past the health bar someone else got the last hit. was a shock, exited quick. D': so just got through backing up my save just now, cause i imagine floor 99-100 will be full of scares when i get there. plus i'm having concerns of any fatal glitches occuring in general like saves cause my game constantly crashes on the hollow map. whether i scroll zoomed or not zoomed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJP_X said:

it just sounds crazy with DW when you got some sword skills that do 16-22 combos or something like that lol.

SBS and Eclipse are not chainable. Just like NRE, they are OSS finishers. You can't use them in the middle of OSS.

4 hours ago, RJP_X said:

plus i'm having concerns of any fatal glitches occuring in general like saves cause my game constantly crashes on the hollow map. whether i scroll zoomed or not zoomed.

That's normal with the newer updates. Just don't zoom =D

5 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

SBS and Eclipse are not chainable. Just like NRE, they are OSS finishers. You can't use them in the middle of OSS.

That's normal with the newer updates. Just don't zoom =D

hm, so is it DW or katana that is recommended for OSS's against HNM's? and would you say its needed against the base game HNMs? i've been able to pull off 4 chains with the katana with some luck in the past for implements. if i got the katana esoteric skill is it useable in a chain? after i finish the floors i plan to go back to discard for level 150 at some point. i started the floors at level 140. if i have to i guess i could level past 150 since the max level i think with update is 250. not that i'd level that far as that would probably pretty much need NG+ at some point. but there's a level spot i like to use in discard in the volcano area by a teleport area with all these high level lizard and fire bug enemies.

yeah that's the weird thing sometimes i don't even need to zoom to get the crash. :c i opened up the hollow map and the game crashed within seconds of scrolling on a fully opened map as well. its whenever hollow missions are shown in general. i just hope this doesn't mess me up when returning to the hollow area. i got like 10 crashes right after another so i tried rebuilding database and that didn't do nothing, although i know its an issue with the game. i just didn't expect it to happen on a fully open map too.

2 hours ago, RJP_X said:

hm, so is it DW or katana that is recommended for OSS's against HNM's?

Anything is recommended, it's just dual wielding is cool brutally OP due to high DPS =D

2 hours ago, RJP_X said:

and would you say its needed against the base game HNMs?

It's not needed but it's definitely much faster (and more fun :awesome: )

2 hours ago, RJP_X said:

. if i got the katana esoteric skill is it useable in a chain?

All Esoterics are usable in OSS. As a finisher, obviously.

2 hours ago, RJP_X said:

yeah that's the weird thing sometimes i don't even need to zoom to get the crash. :c i opened up the hollow map and the game crashed within seconds of scrolling on a fully opened map as well. its whenever hollow missions are shown in general. i just hope this doesn't mess me up when returning to the hollow area. i got like 10 crashes right after another so i tried rebuilding database and that didn't do nothing, although i know its an issue with the game. i just didn't expect it to happen on a fully open map too.

As I said, ignore it. Don't do anything with Vita, just simply ignore it.

The auto save works perfectly despite these crashes. 

just got the plat. not that bad really, if you can stand the grind. but it was very enjoyable anyways so the grind was worth putting in. idk why i thought it would take me somewhere in the 200 hours, took me 151 hours, and i didn't use any OSS's for HNM's. i started beating most of the HNM's within 3 dual sword esoteric skills from dual blades with the proper buffs. i was so worried from all the horror stories that this plat. would be so bad, but it really wasn't. i'd agree myself on 4 out of 10. as beginning the game through the hollow area can be a bit intimidating in the beginning. i found it best to get to the discard area asap in the beginning for better loot and leveling to breeze the story a bit. xD

i probably wont go rarer than this in plats. i highly doubt. lol. so its definitely a very proud one and it was damn well worth it. my 2nd longest plat. next to tales of graces f which took me 224 hours lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to confirm.

Is it 128 Hollow Mission required for the Debug Complete trophy (ON PS4)?

And the only Hollow Mission that does not show up on the Multiplayer tab is the last one from the Advanced tab in the Abandoned Area, right?

It's basically the last thing I really need for plat. Already killed a bunch of NMH on Multiplayer

Edited by DesmaBR

On 8/13/2017 at 5:44 AM, DesmaBR said:

Is it 128 Hollow Mission required for the Debug Complete trophy (ON PS4)?

That seems to be the consensus as it's the most probable outcome.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:44 AM, DesmaBR said:

And the only Hollow Mission that does not show up on the Multiplayer tab is the last one from the Advanced tab in the Abandoned Area, right?

Not sure about this but there's more than 128 missions available so you don't need to care about missing a few.

1 hour ago, MadDogProskelion said:

Is this still worth getting? 

Was looking at it the other day and undecided. Would be for gameplay only as I know only a little of the SAO lore.

Yes, definitely. You are looking for 150+ hours of content for a measly price. But you should probably watch the anime beforehand. 

• 10 months later...