Factions trophies...

ajbridgwater

Anyone playing factions for the firefly/hunter journey trophies? Not necessarily boosting, more of a 'factions for noobs' kinda thing? Yes, I suck at online. I'm a solo player, but I really want this platinum... PS3 btw sorry.

Edited by ajbridgwater

The goal of Factions multiplayer is to get enough supplies to support your population between matches. You get supplies for all sorts of different things, including killing other people, and reviving and healing them. You want to do this the easy way? Play as the Support class. You'll get supplies from healing and for crafting items and giving them to other people. Instead of getting yourself killed trying to shoot people, stick to whoever is the best shooter is on your team, stay out of sight, and heal him whenever he gets injured. After you get your population to 40 for the trophy, you can let it dip down as low as you want as long as it doesn't hit zero (this is done by not getting enough supplies for them each match). Periodically, you'll get challenges that reduce your population by a certain percentage if you fail. The only ones you really need to worry about is the 100% population danger ones, in all honesty you can tank the 40% and 60% ones no matter how low your pop gets, because it will never fall below 1. And it's more advantageous to fail those lower ones, because that's less people you have to get supplies for. For your 100% ones, choose an easy challenge that takes advantage of your Support class play style, like bandaging or crafting items. Choose harder ones to deliberately fail for the 40% and 60% ones. Try spread your chosen challenges between different kinds, because each time you pass one, the next time you choose it it requires a larger number to complete.

Also, you can use supplies to buy armor and shotguns during matches and it won't take away from the amount of supplies you get at the end of the match.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

Getting my clan to 40's not an issue. Its surviving for 12 weeks, and knowing which missions i should be relying on for the 100% risk missions. I'll give the support class a go and see what happens. Was playing the other day and this guy just kept going sick at everyone on the team and calling us all noobs, I wound up turning it off.

You should pick the easier challenges, like 'down X enemies' or 'execute X enemies'. As Damon said, if you skip the non-100% risk challenges then when a 100% risk challenge does come around, it won't be too taxing. I tended to spend all my time in Survivor mode since it was one life per round. Here you can take it slow, and assholes that project their performance onto the rest of their team will be removed quickly. My loadout consisted of the semi auto rifle and revolver, both could down an enemy in 3 hits iirc. Some tips when it comes to general gameplay:

- Be aggressive and defensive. Don't push too hard or you'll run into the whole team, but at the same time not being aggressive enough will lead you to be out-equipped and rushed. 

- It doesn't matter if you leave a downed enemy to be revived, you can even use them as bait if you're sneaky enough. The most important thing is to stay alive, and if your team isn't great you don't want to trade kills. 

- Sound is super important. Sprinting and shooting will produce sound pings on the radar. Don't sprint after collecting the first toolbox of the round, and if your teammates don't understand this, take the opposite route to them. Just like you can see your enemies sprinting on the radar, they can see your team sprinting, which usually means they'll gravitate towards their route on the map. This can give ample room to flank, leading me to my next point

- Don't shoot unless you know you'll down the enemy. I've seen so many players shoot when the enemy is vaulting into a building across the map. Not only will the enemy be able to heal and getaway easily, you've given your position away. 

- Armour is invaluable, it is all I ever bought (apart from the special weapon). I wouldn't bother with the weapon upgrades as I never noticed a difference in performance. 

- I remember switching special weapons a few times. I used the flamethrower a lot but I feel like it got nerfed in TLOURemastered. Anyway, a special weapon should be used when you're backed into a corner. A quick shotgun blast or assault rifle burst can level the playing field.

There're a few tips off the top of my head. Although they conflict with Damon's, you can take them as a second opinion or something.

Risk of 100% death of your population only starts around week six. For these missions, HEAL TEAMMATES. Create a class with First Aid Training 3 and Reviver 3 and stay close to a teammate. Let them do the shooting and stay crouched behind them. If they take damage, heal them. If they go down, revive them and then heal them. You'd be surprised how quickly you'll complete all three tiers doing this challenge...

Healing teammates and crafting gifts are the easiest mission so only pick those when there's 100% risk to lose all. Downing or executing enemies isn't recommendable if you end up playing against a beast like myself ;)

Anyone playing factions for the firefly/hunter journey trophies? Not necessarily boosting, more of a 'factions for noobs' kinda thing?

I love the MP of this game, its awesome. We all start as noobs, you get good as you learn your ways. I would suggest you learn the game your own way, in your own speed, you'll get better that way, for the first five weeks of your journey, chop and change your loadouts or use the preset ones to understand what suits you well, your gamestyle and everything. Be careful from the 6th week onward as this is where the game gets serious. I would also advice you to join a boosting session to experience how the game works, especially the kind of purchases you can make in-game using the collected parts and how they can help you before you start playing competitively. Always bear in mind, you just cannot bring your COD or BF type gaming etiquette (if you play those or are too much into those games) into the MP of this game. You would also have to be careful about choosing missions, especially, during your 100% risk weeks, you cannot choose the easy ones for 60% risk for events for adding population. You can always afford to lose some but not everything (you fail that journey if you do)

Yes, I suck at online. I'm a solo player, but I really want this platinum... PS3 btw sorry.

No one does, trust me, man. I can guarantee you'll get better, just need to learn how it works. Secondly, if you are a solo player, never search for matches where parties are allowed, you'll generally end up in sessions with pro-players ganging up (usually parties are formed by players who are pro in this game).

• Like 1