7 Days to Die coming to PS4 June 2016

Saltyie

Published by Telltale games (which I believe is their first publishing gig), the zombie survival game will hit Xbox One and PS4 this June. While they get a lot of flak over on the PC market because the genre is oversaturated, there is a distinct lack of good multiplayer survival/crafting games on the PS4. 

packaging-ps4.png

That's right, digitally and physically. Additionally, pre-ordering the game on the Telltale store will grant you five skins based off of characters in other Telltale games, like Lee Everett and Michonne. Heres the live action trailer:

• Like 1

Whait an Minute Telltale THE telltale that bring us all his episodic game is making an Zombie game that Isnt going to be episodic ?!

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/KI9oNS4JBemyI" width="480" height="240" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/adventure-time-mind-blown-KI9oNS4JBemyI">viaGIPHY</a></p>
Edited by DocVoltacon

Whait an Minute Telltale THE telltale that bring us all his episodic game is making an Zombie game that Isnt going to be episodic ?!

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/KI9oNS4JBemyI" width="480" height="240" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/adventure-time-mind-blown-KI9oNS4JBemyI">viaGIPHY</a></p>

I think they didn't make it, they are only publishing it.

Here's a gameplay video for anyone that's interested: 

It looks...okay. Graphically, it looks like something from the PS2 era, but the gameplay has some interesting elements to it. I'm going to hold off on purchasing it until I've read some first-hand accounts of the gameplay.

Edited by darkamdusias

Published by Telltale games (which I believe is their first publishing gig), the zombie survival game will hit Xbox One and PS4 this June.

Not Telltale's first publishing gig. They've self-published all of their episodic games except for the CSI ones.

It's Telltale Publishing's 2nd game.  The first was Jackbox Party Pack.  Telltale Publishing didn't exist until last year.  As far as the games they developed, they are considered independently published by Telltale Games, however most of their efforts involved first party support.

Edited by Matto_lsi

It's Telltale Publishing's 2nd game.  The first was Jackbox Party Pack.  Telltale Publishing didn't exist until last year.  As far as the games they developed, they are considered independently published by Telltale Games, however most of their efforts involved first party support.

Thanks for the correction :)

The game doesnt look half bad, I saw an achievement hunter lets play forever ago and it seemed quite fun. I probably wont buy it if theres no co-op, as javier mentioned theres a plethora of games on their way to the console, im in no rush to get my survival fix.

The game doesnt look half bad, I saw an achievement hunter lets play forever ago and it seemed quite fun. I probably wont buy it if theres no co-op, as javier mentioned theres a plethora of games on their way to the console, im in no rush to get my survival fix.

There's co-op on at least the pc version. You can watch videos of markiplier doing co-op with wade on this game, albeit on a much older version

I can't say too much for the game.  I've played it on Steam, but only about an hour.  What annoyed me about it is it's wide open, but finding stuff takes forever, and if you don't at least find shelter immediately, you die from acid rain.  One of my spawns put me in the middle of the forest with no shelter.  I luckily found a backpack with lots of supplies, including an axe, but got caught out in the rain with nowhere to hide and eventually died.  The one time acid rain didn't kill me a bear did (in like 2 swipes, lol).  I assume there's a learning curve, but I fared much better in Minecraft (Survival) the first time I played it.  I'll try to give it another go on Steam before this version comes out, but I'm not sure it's something I'll be interested in.  It's also a bit scary that they're releasing this game on console when it's basically an alpha.

I will say this about it though, starting off as a female character in a thong and strapless bra is... amusing.

Edited by Matto_lsi