Version 1.01 Update and issues

So Update 1.01 has been release for GTA Vice City, which I found weird since it is a PS2 game but then again they had to change some stuff for the PS4 version so I dismissed it. After the update was installed, I played the game and went on to my business to collect the money are making. While I was going to the Print Business on foot, I decided to try to kill one of pedestrians but while aiming at one, it aimed at poll instead. That isn't the only problem, while going to Prawn Island, I pass by the "Shady Palms Hospital" and it cause a slow down on the game since it is trying to load the plants in the Hospital.

I actually recorded the two issues:

0:07 - poles get locked on

1:15 - passing by the "Shady Palms Hospital" causes some slow down.

I also compared passing by the same hospital with a previous video prior to the update and it was smoother:

11:11 - passing by the "Shady Palms Hospital" prior to the update.

What I want to know from you is that, do you guys have the same problems or is it something just with my game?

Edited by TheVader66

Lol wow, that's pretty crazy! I wonder if that's the case for every pole in the city or if it's just a one-time thing, lol

For some reason I'm certain passing that hospital always caused my game to lag on PS2 back in the day when I played Vice City, I might be wrong though  :hmm:

• Like 1

The game lag even worse on the ps2 original on that same area as far as I remember.

I had vice city now on ps3 as a ps2 classic, the only way I can make the game run slightly better is when I play on the image quality in the other options menu by setting the text mapping to standard and screen to normal instead of full.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

Lol wow, that's pretty crazy! I wonder if that's the case for every pole in the city or if it's just a one-time thing, lol

For some reason I'm certain passing that hospital always caused my game to lag on PS2 back in the day when I played Vice City, I might be wrong though  :hmm:

The game lag even worse on the ps2 original on that same area as far as I remember.

I had vice city now on ps3 as a ps2 classic, the only way I can make the game run slightly better is when I play on the image quality in the other options menu by setting the text mapping to standard and screen to normal instead of full.

I am going to try playing my GTA: Vice City copy on my PS2 and see if the lag is bad or worse as it is right now. Either way the lag got worse comparing it with pre-update version 1.01

Goddamn poles, they have started their own gang and are trying to take over Vice City. I say we eliminate the Infamous poles once and for all.

God damn it, I already have to deal with the Haitians Gang shooting at me all the time and now I have to worry about the Pole Gang interfering with my shots. :lol:

That is really weird. What does the Update History say? I got the plat a couple months ago and that light pole thing definitely wasn't happening. 

The update history says that it fixed bugs in the game.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1