Exa, Zetta, Yotta tips

VirtualNight

Hi, I think these things aren't in the trophy guide, if I skipped them then I'm sorry.

Sorry for bad english.

So, I'm going to tell you what I did in these 3 levels, for the others I don't have important tips to share.

EXA:

Use the green character, and this strategy:

The important thing is at 0:20, farm the points for an area attack, then use it at the end as shown in the vid, for the rest you can proceed as you wish, personally from 0:07 to 0:20 I did this: I jumped down like the guy, after first 2 blocks I used 1 dash to go below, then after the next block I jumped, block destroyed, dash below, got the block & immediately jumped (to don't lose the speed), block, then I climbed that long dust to gain 1 extra dash, from here I just advanced, before the spikes in front I dropped down and used a dash.

ZETTA:

I don't know how it is called, I think Zettaslide, is that long slide that you must do several times.

To do it, while in air do a downdash (once in enough), you must land in the small ramp down, exactly when you land hold the left stick or d-pad in the same direction of the long ramp that you must follow and then dash, your character will follow the ramp quickly, you MUSN'T jump to stay attached.

Here is a vid, after the SS you can see the vid in slow motion with an english explanation.

YOTTA:

The 2nd hardest part is the Tera section, use this easy tactic, but remember to save the area attack so don't use it right before for the 3 heavy blocks, to reach them do a spikejump, second jump, heavy attack on one block, jump on the other 2, charge the area attack like in Exa if you need then destroy them with a heavy attack & proceed.

At the last checkpoint you need some hours of practice (I needed almost 6), at the very end there is a block between several spikes (the fifth at the end, that one that you hit before jump on high away from the spike structure), you can ignore it, go up to the end, when you reach the penultimate block use the area attack (the 2 blocks left should get destroyed), jump on the 45° spikes on the left, spikejump on the right, then jump on the stairs (yes, those things are stairs. not spikes) to teleport on the last blocks, leave 2/3 blocks (so destroy the others with heavy attacks without hit them in a way to leave the dust on the ceiling, I left only 2 blocks on the ground) and use the area attack (charge with light attacks) for the easy finesse glitch.

Edited by VirtualNight
fixed video glitch for yotta
  • Like 3

Indeed these are not in the guide but nice of you to share them anyway. For Exa & Yotta I used different strats. I never used the teradrop strat because I just can't pull it off, so I just tried to do the intended strat. Nice to see there is another Dustforce 100% VirtualKnight, I knew you would do it some day ;)

Indeed these are not in the guide but nice of you to share them anyway. For Exa & Yotta I used different strats. I never used the teradrop strat because I just can't pull it off, so I just tried to do the intended strat. Nice to see there is another Dustforce 100% VirtualKnight, I knew you would do it some day ;)

I realised that I really like this games so I'm doing SS legitly now, the teradrop strat is pretty easy once that you understand how to move exactly your character, probably I'll use this.

Edited by VirtualNight

I clicked in on this thread because of the title. Exa, Zetta and Yotta are prefixes in the metric system like kilo, mega, giga etc.

Exa = 1000^6

Zetta = 1000^7

Yotta = 1000^8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix

The other metric prefixes are also in the game :) Kilo, Mega, Giga, Tera & Peta. These are also hard levels but more manageable then Exa, Zetta & Yotta.

I realised that I really like this games so I'm doing SS legitly now, the teradrop strat is pretty easy once that you understand how to move exactly your character, probably I'll use this.

Please take good rests while grinding for Yotta. I felt this game was heavy on my wrists.

• 5 years later...

I know this is for the red levels, but saves making a new thread. I’ve been struggling with the gold level Clocktower. I can’t seem to get the section from 17-22 seconds right from the video below. After moving up the wall and taking out the dust blocks, I can’t keep the momentum up the left angled sloped wall and move across to the dust block by itself. I’m obviously not using the correct inputs or landing in the correct spot before sliding upwards but after a couple hours this morning I still can’t figure this one out. Any tips?

EDIT: Must have blessed myself by posting on the forum, went back to it after posting and changed to Dustworth for the bigger jump range and cleared the level after a few tries.

My mistakes? I was attacking the enemies wrong. Instead of coming from the left, attacking the dustblocks, landing on the wall and giving myself a double jump again I was destroying the dustblock and then jumping onto the wall. And when moving up the slope I was still holding :up::right: like I would against the vertical wall instead of changing to :left::up: moving on to the slope. Silly mistake.

Only 4 Gold levels to go.

Edited by Eqill5
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

This morning I managed to SS Exa :) I think that was one of the most enjoyable levels in the game, the fact there are no platforms apart from the beginning and the end so the whole level is air control, it all felt very elegant to pull off a clean run!

This only leaves Zetta and Yotta, so I began to work on Zetta. I can’t quite get the long slide done correctly, I only make it this far up the first slope: 

Zetta Difficult

I can jump the rest but of course lose my ability to jump for the next slope after, does anyone have any tips for sliding the whole length of the slope? Thanks in advance!

@VirtualNight @A1rPun @Floriiss @Smzthyy 

EDIT: Alright this seems to be a theme here, I post I can’t can’t figure something out and then I go and manage it, haha 

The intricacies of Dustforce are just fantastic, I’d read somewhere you needed to hold :up: and start of the slope then soon after press :right:, but this wasn’t working, so I held :up: until I lost momentum then pressed :right: and that took me up the remainder of the slope. The rest of the level wasn’t as daunting as it looks.

All that remains is Yotta, wish me luck!

Edited by Eqill5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eqill5 said:

This morning I managed to SS Exa :) I think that was one of the most enjoyable levels in the game, the fact there are no platforms apart from the beginning and the end so the whole level is air control, it all felt very elegant to pull off a clean run!

This only leaves Zetta and Yotta, so I began to work on Zetta. I can’t quite get the long slide done correctly, I only make it this far up the first slope: 

Zetta Difficult

I can jump the rest but of course lose my ability to jump for the next slope after, does anyone have any tips for sliding the whole length of the slope? Thanks in advance!

@VirtualNight @A1rPun @Floriiss @Smzthyy 

EDIT: Alright this seems to be a theme here, I post I can’t can’t figure something out and then I go and manage it, haha 

The intricacies of Dustforce are just fantastic, I’d read somewhere you needed to hold :up: and start of the slope then soon after press :right:, but this wasn’t working, so I held :up: until I lost momentum then pressed :right: and that took me up the remainder of the slope. The rest of the level wasn’t as daunting as it looks.

All that remains is Yotta, wish me luck!

Yeah those slopes can be tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it it's not bad at all. If I remember correctly just get enough height before the ramp. Then do some kind of stomp and hold up. I'm not sure if you had to hold up straight or diagonally (in the direction of the slope). I believe it's the latter one. Either way, congrats on finishing the level. The final level Yotta is amazing and combines all the previous levels into one, so you will be seeing the slopes again there too. Good luck on finishing it.

• Like 2