Suggestion to make the PlayStation Messenger App and PS3 Messages/Chat better.

Deathon6

How they do messages on the consoles is so silly sometimes. I send a photo or something, someone reads it on their PS4 or Vita and it's done. A month later they pull out their old PS3 and then they have it there again. That weirdness alone bums me out, but the fact they don't have just one terrible app to try to make messaging better, but two whole apps they want me to waste my phone storage on, and STILL can't figure out how to make messages work properly, ugh. Never. Gonna. Happen.

I reckon we'd be able to change our PSN names before Sony concocts a 100% properly working, no problems or glitches included, messaging system.

Also, please just move messages back into the PSN app. I can handle wasting my space on one app, but splitting them up just made me delete the initial one, not install the second one. 

• Like 1

Messages on PS4, Vita, and the phone app generally work fine and are basically all synced up. The PS3 though is a different story, they never actually updated the PS3 friends list, messaging, or really anything else after the PS4 came out so now when you log in it just shows you 100 random friends (if you have more than 100 friends) and it just receives all your messages that were sent to you since you last logged in. Either way, I doubt they'll ever fix it.

Also, this is the feedback, suggestions, and bugs section regarding this website specifically (PSNProfiles), topics like these are better in the PlayStation forum section of this site just for future reference. ;)

Edited by BlindMango

How they do messages on the consoles is so silly sometimes. I send a photo or something, someone reads it on their PS4 or Vita and it's done. A month later they pull out their old PS3 and then they have it there again. That weirdness alone bums me out, but the fact they don't have just one terrible app to try to make messaging better, but two whole apps they want me to waste my phone storage on, and STILL can't figure out how to make messages work properly, ugh. Never. Gonna. Happen.

I reckon we'd be able to change our PSN names before Sony concocts a 100% properly working, no problems or glitches included, messaging system.

Also, please just move messages back into the PSN app. I can handle wasting my space on one app, but splitting them up just made me delete the initial one, not install the second one.

So glad that I didn't even update the app where I rather have that plus with no notification pop up when someone messages me than having two separate apps like the Facebook route where I only accept that only, not this one one though.