Game crashed and won't load save

As you can see in photo my game crashed on level 12 and this is the screen I get when try to load save file. It's been like this for hours now.

Mine crashed a lot on my crushing playthrough, especially if i was dying a lot at the same checkpoint then it would trigger the application error. On my first playthrough i didnt get a single freeze. Luckily my save stayed intact, the only thing i can think of is that yours errored while in the process of saving maybe.

Yes this sucks, is there at least any way to prevent this from happening again?

If what I guessed earlier is correct, then maybe try to pause the game for a couple of seconds after dying, so you don't die too soon again. Also, you should back up your save once in a while! :)

For future reference of people looking here I got to the same point again and it turns out the reason is something didn't download. It wasn't connected to wifi and thought I didn't need to download anything since I got the disc but yea.

For future reference of people looking here I got to the same point again and it turns out the reason is something didn't download. It wasn't connected to wifi and thought I didn't need to download anything since I got the disc but yea.

i think there was 1 or 2 day one patch that added more functions, so maybe that's why