Terraria Comes to PS3!

Elliot

Terraria, the awesome 2D building / exploration platformer, has been announced as coming to PS3 in early 2013!

Re-Logic's blockbuster RPG Terraria is coming to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network from publisher 505 Games. 505 also announced the digger/builder/action-adventure's sold 1.6 million copies on PC, and that Dutch developer Engine Software is handling the upcoming conversion

"I can't say how excited I am to finally have Terraria come to Xbox 360 and PlayStation3," said Andrew Spinks, the creator of Terraria, "To see it come so far is a complete shock, especially after such humble beginnings. It's always been my dream to have as many people as possible know and enjoy Terraria as much as I have, and this is another big step in that direction."

The news of a console release of the 2011 indie game was first disclosed on its Facebook page, after teasing fans yesterday with word of a big reveal. The game comes to XBLA and PSN early next year.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/11/terraria-coming-to-xbla-psn-early-2013-1-6-million-sold-on-pc/

This is pretty awesome news. If you haven't played Terraria, then get psyched, it's great fun in co-op and single player.

Terraria.... isn't that the game that's like a 2D Minecraft? I'm not sure if it would appeal to me or not... i'll go check out some reviews.

No, and anyone that says it is a 2D Minecraft is an ignorant idiot (disclaimer: this was true last time I played Minecraft). The distinguishing features include little trivial things like Terraria actually having gameplay instead of being a dull, ugly, aimless sandbox. It's quite RPG like in terms of character / world progression, exploration, finding new loot and items, the Minecraft comparisons are generally made by fanboys who just look at it without playing it and go "merp derp, it has blocks so it's a minecraft ripoff lol".

i would still rather play minecraft.

I literally hope you choke to death on a massive bear cock that rapes you in the night. :3

No, and anyone that says it is a 2D Minecraft is an ignorant idiot (disclaimer: this was true last time I played Minecraft). The distinguishing features include little trivial things like Terraria actually having gameplay instead of being a dull, ugly, aimless sandbox. It's quite RPG like in terms of character / world progression, exploration, finding new loot and items, the Minecraft comparisons are generally made by fanboys who just look at it without playing it and go "merp derp, it has blocks so it's a minecraft ripoff lol".

I literally hope you choke to death on a massive bear cock that rapes you in the night. :3

thanks, but i would rather sit on a huge p3n0r made out of minecraft blocks.. but it might be just me. >__<

Tell us how you really feel! lol

• Like 1

._. Well, that escalated quickly.

I should make it clear that I was joking with Kibby about this, and he knows this very well. Me and him are cool. I wouldn't tell anyone I wasn't good friends with such a thing, it was just meant as friendly banter. :)