PSN account region change

Hello everyone.

If there's already a topic like this, then I didn't find it, so apologies if it's already in here somewhere.

I live in Germany but want to make a PSN account for another country to buy things from their online store. What I do want to know is the following:

- Since it is against PSN's Terms and Conditions to make an account for a country you don't reside in, how likely is it that you actually get caught and get punished for it? What exactly is the punisment if you get caught?

- If I change the country of my account instead of creating an entirely new account, is my current PSN money converted to the new currency or deleted?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hello everyone.

If there's already a topic like this, then I didn't find it, so apologies if it's already in here somewhere.

I live in Germany but want to make a PSN account for another country to buy things from their online store. What I do want to know is the following:

- Since it is against PSN's Terms and Conditions to make an account for a country you don't reside in, how likely is it that you actually get caught and get punished for it? What exactly is the punisment if you get caught?

- If I change the country of my account instead of creating an entirely new account, is my current PSN money converted to the new currency or deleted?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

1. Highly, highly doubt it. Tons of people have multiple accounts in different regions.

2. Can you even change the account region after you have made it? I didn't think you could.

I thought Sony Support should be able to do that, seems I was wrong.

That leaves the question what kind of punishment can users face if - for some odd reason - Sony finds out I don't live in the country I have the account for. Could I just claim I used to live there and since they won't let me change the country it's still like that?

I have two account one singapore one india.. india is main account.. singapore i bought ps4 from and i got free ps4 1 year subscription but was valid only for singapore account.. now i buy discounted games from singapore account and play them on indian account as well.. this can be done by activating your ps4 as primary ps4 for your account.. as far money deduction is concerned its deducted in singapore dollars and converted into indian rupees and reduced from my bank account.. and i dont think this thing is a crime.. thousands of players have 2 countries accounts

Edited by aditya319
  • Like 1

You don't need to worry about it.

I'm pretty sure Sony knows about this. Though, it is correct that you are technically breaking the law about personal data and it may be against their ToS but it generates money, why would they care? 

Most of us here have two or more accounts.

I think Sony is starting to tolerate it more and more because it's easier than allowing us to change our location.