Does dark souls 3 ps4 patch 1.04 make performance worse?

aditya319

Hello friends, i wanted help regarding performance of dark souls 3 after patch 1.04. I just want to play this game at its best, i was so glad to see great performance improvement by patch 1.03, but as i was going to buy the game, came patch 1.04 and some unofficial articles regarding performance made worst, i have been waiting since expecting another patch before i buy the game, but there seems no news at all, so please guys who have played with patch 1.04, plz help me out about performance of the latest patch and should i buy the game now or wait for next patch.

Plz note by performance i primarily want to know about frequent and major frame rate drops.

I'm not a guy who is able to realize and goes nuts when it downs from 30 to 29 keep that in mind. I started playing game on 1.03 after few hours 1.04 was launched.
Only area I was able to realize a serious frame rate drop was right after( even it's a minor one, still )

you kill two dragons

and it took like a or two seconds at max.
Overally, game runs just fine.

• Like 1

Man, its Dark Souls, just buy it. Yeah, On occasion i experienced framerate drops but who cares?

I think nowadays its hard to find a game that is stable from the start to finish. If you want to play always with more than 60fps, go PC, forget ps4.

Man, its Dark Souls, just buy it. Yeah, On occasion i experienced framerate drops but who cares?

I think nowadays its hard to find a game that is stable from the start to finish. If you want to play always with more than 60fps, go PC, forget ps4.

Yeah i know mate that all games have dips on ps4.. its just that a few reddit users wrote that in some areas it was a slideshow.. ofcors i dont trust all but just wanted to confirm this..fps till 25 its ok, but when it goes to 15 20 its seriously affects gameplay.. and yeah in any case i will be buying it.. anywayz thanx mate ☺

I'm not a guy who is able to realize and goes nuts when it downs from 30 to 29 keep that in mind. I started playing game on 1.03 after few hours 1.04 was launched.

Only area I was able to realize a serious frame rate drop was right after( even it's a minor one, still )

you kill two dragons

and it took like a or two seconds at max.

Overally, game runs just fine.

I too am not that sensitive with frame rates.. its just too much dips which annoy but your experience tells that there arent any.. such drops.. its just that few reddit post said game ran like slide show in some places.. and those posts are only there regarding this and its given in various sites as well.. well thanx mate.. this is really helpful..

Yeah i know mate that all games have dips on ps4.. its just that a few reddit users wrote that in some areas it was a slideshow.. ofcors i dont trust all but just wanted to confirm this..fps till 25 its ok, but when it goes to 15 20 its seriously affects gameplay.. and yeah in any case i will be buying it.. anywayz thanx mate ☺

I too am not that sensitive with frame rates.. its just too much dips which annoy but your experience tells that there arent any.. such drops.. its just that few reddit post said game ran like slide show in some places.. and those posts are only there regarding this and its given in various sites as well.. well thanx mate.. this is really helpful..

You're welcome pal. It is safe to say those users have exceedly exaggerated it. 

Have fun! :)

• Like 1

I have literally had zero performance issues with this game regardless of patch. Only problems was slow times to find friends when summoning, but this was very early and servers were probably a tad taxed. 

Buy this amazing game.

thanx for confirming mate.. and ofcrs clearing my doubts

• 2 weeks later...

Frame rate? Not sure what everyone is talking about. Comparing to those games I played back in the 80's, nowadays, these games are like the gifts from heaven. Anyway, I have not noticed any problem in Dark Souls III.

lol.. ofcors they are.. but one should alwayz strive for better things.. shouldnt one??... well this is the reason why we are having these heavenly games.. there will alwayz be great things developed and there will be complains or still unconvinced crowd.. but its good.. we try for more better things then.. anywayz thanx mate for confirming that there arent problems.. just going through examination time.. once done ds3 will be the first game i play..

lol.. ofcors they are.. but one should alwayz strive for better things.. shouldnt one??... well this is the reason why we are having these heavenly games.. there will alwayz be great things developed and there will be complains or still unconvinced crowd.. but its good.. we try for more better things then.. anywayz thanx mate for confirming that there arent problems.. just going through examination time.. once done ds3 will be the first game i play..

Welcome to Dark Souls!  You may hear a lot of stories on how difficult this game may be;  don't believe them!   This is the most easy game in the Dark Souls series.  If you have trouble getting pass a boss, check out some of my youtube videos (link on my sign below)... all bosses can be killed at level 1.  I will be making more videos... beating them at level 1 is easy, but beating them without getting hurting is hard... I'm just playing game for fun, but when I make the video, people demand "perfection"; hence, the reason why I turned off the comment section.... no matter what we do, there will be always complains or unconvinced people. lol.  I'm ok with that now....these days, they don't bother me no more.

• Like 1

Welcome to Dark Souls!  You may hear a lot of stories on how difficult this game may be;  don't believe them!   This is the most easy game in the Dark Souls series.  If you have trouble getting pass a boss, check out some of my youtube videos (link on my sign below)... all bosses can be killed at level 1.  I will be making more videos... beating them at level 1 is easy, but beating them without getting hurting is hard... I'm just playing game for fun, but when I make the video, people demand "perfection"; hence, the reason why I turned off the comment section.... no matter what we do, there will be always complains or unconvinced people. lol.  I'm ok with that now....these days, they don't bother me no more.

oh sure i will.. and thanxx .. but yeah i recommend that you turn on commentss.. its great to listen to ideas.. ofcrs dont need to follow all though..but i think you already go the idea.. may be someday you will be able to make the videos with perfect run..