Borderlands 2 Review

Parker

Found the first game good but highly overrated. I'll try this at a friends house if I can. Might buy it when it gets cheaper. Thanks for the info :)

I got as far as "Gearbox has decided to largely stick with what worked the first time around" before I stopped. Unfortunately I found the first one rather bland so more of it doesn't really suit my tastes. It does mean however they should sell a shitload, because the majority of people enjoyed the first one.

I agree with you two and like the first one, I'll wait until this one goes on sale. I got the original Borderlands with all its DLC for $5 or so with a PSN sale and I'd say it's certainly worth that, and I'll either wait for another PSN sale for this game, or wait for the inevitable Game of the year version before I purchase it.

Parker

I am with you on this Parker. I never fancied the idea of Borderlands when I first seen it, then when the entire game and dlc was £10 on PSN a while back I bought it. I enjoyed the first game, but that was when playing with friends. It was very samey in single player.

I do hope that for borderlands 2 they fixed the ability to chat during the game as I only ever found it working properly a few times and mostly it didnt work at all. Now that may have been as a result of gaming from several regions, but last night I played a bit of Borderlands with Rowdi, then we went to Burnout Paradise, then to Payday.

Payday was perfect sound wise, Burnout was a bit choppy at times (and exceedingly loud!) and Borderlands, as usual, didnt work at all. And for a game that sells it self as being a 4 person co-op thats one hell of a flaw.

So, getting back to the point, I will wait until I can get the whole game for a tenner ;)

I absolutely LOVED the first one even though i don't really like FPS games... Borderlands and Fallout have been the only FPS games that i can tolerate... Story, gameplay, and RPG elements helped a lot...

that aside... i think its funny that they boast all the guns and loot because in the first one it was borderline too much... anything more and it could become overwhelming... Constantly pausing the game to check your gear get old to be honest... it becomes a game of constantly comparing equipment... i really hope that they haven't gone overboard with the loot system... on the other hand, i absolutely LOVE loot grinder RPGs so i might just find myself in a new love relationship.

usually in games like this they have a setting you can turn on that will only pick up rare items so you can spare yourself from picking up endless amounts of trash (unless you need some extra money that is).

all that said... im still excited to get my hands on my copy

nice to see its pretty much a 1-upped BL1...i enjoyed most all of the main game and DLC, game was fun as hell, and made me laugh quite a bit. cant wait to play in 4 days

....btw, just felt like sharing....the game has been synced to the site, so the sub-forum for the game is on the site....might want to ask AF or burk to swap it over lol, so its easier to find