Card Collector Trophy Help: New Glitched Card?

I'm currently doing my second play through of The Witcher 3, and I decided to try and tackle the platinum this time through. So far I've run into a very frustrating problem that I can't find any other source complaining about, and that problem is a seemingly missing Gwent card. I've discovered this as I am trying to get the highly missable Card Collector trophy for collecting all Gwent cards.

I have been using this guide - http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/267721-card-collector-trophy-guide-detailed-guide-how-collect-em-all.html- VERY carefully as I am playing through the game. It marks missable cards that you should be cautious towards, so I've of course paid attention to those the most. However, my problem - which is not a card listed as missable - occurs at the  Inn at the Crossroads location. According to the guide, the Innkeeper at said Inn is supposed to sell you 5 cards, one of them being a leader. He also gives you a card as part of a Gwent quest. My problem occurred when I first talked to him. I went to buy the 5 cards he sells, but he wasn't selling the leader he is supposed to have: the Emhyr var Emreis-Emporer of Nilfgaard card. As I said, the guide doesn't list it as missable, and I haven't found a single forum post mentioning the card not showing up. However, I bought the other 4 card he sells, but the Emhyr card just wasn't there. 

I've fast travelled back and checked his inventory about 6 times, and he still doesn't have it. I even got to the point in the Gwent quest where you play him for the Menno Coehoorn card. I beat him and received the Menno card, but when I checked his inventory afterwards, he still didn't have Emhyr. 

I'm making this post before I continue playing to see if other people have actually experienced this glitch and know how I can get this card. I really hope one of you knows how to get it though - I'm already 20 hours in so, I won't be restarting just to unglitch this card :P

@Redgrave Yes, I just now played against and beat him. He gave me the one card you're supposed to get for beating him, but not the missing one. I still can't buy it from him either.

I looked at it just to make sure, and it's a leader card. Have you checked there? You can view your leader cards by pressing Square I think on the faction. Otherwise I'm really not sure what else it could be since nobody else seems to have experienced it. If you have a previous save from before you bought it I would try buying it again just to make sure. If not then I'm not sure what else to say :/ I would hate to think they didn't patch something like that already, or the recent update somehow glitched that.

• Like 1

Yeah, if the Innkeeper is the person who sells it, then you're out of luck because it wasn't in my store either, fast traveled away and back 10 times too. =/

My suggestion is to email / tweet CDPR, they're quite good with these responding to the community about this stuff, I've tweeted before and got a response on a now fixed trophy bug for a Hearts of Stone trophy.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

There is a book that was added through update 1.2 that is suppose to direct you to cards you don't have. Not sure exactly how it works since I got the card trophy long before the update but it might come in handy. The book is called "A Miraculous Guide to Gwent" and is sold by the merchant south of The Passiflora in Novigrad (closest travel marker would be the St. Gregory's Bridge). Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me, If you have the Blood and Wine expansion then the card will be at the very first innkeeper you meet in Toussaint. I can confirm that if the Emperor of Nilfgaard is the last card you need the trophy will pop. From what I have experienced, I don't think you can get this card in the base game anymore after the last patch.

• Like 2

Holy crap, got a lot of good responses while I was asleep. Thank you all. Not sure how to reply to every individual, but I'll definitely take all of your advice.

There is a book that was added through update 1.2 that is suppose to direct you to cards you don't have. Not sure exactly how it works since I got the card trophy long before the update but it might come in handy. The book is called "A Miraculous Guide to Gwent" and is sold by the merchant south of The Passiflora in Novigrad (closest travel marker would be the St. Gregory's Bridge). Hope this helps.

Will definitely pick this book up.

Same thing happened to me, If you have the Blood and Wine expansion then the card will be at the very first innkeeper you meet in Toussaint. I can confirm that if the Emperor of Nilfgaard is the last card you need the trophy will pop. From what I have experienced, I don't think you can get this card in the base game anymore after the last patch.

That would make sense. I started this new playthrough the day that Blood & Wine was released.

If you have a save from BEFORE this happened, you can contact CD Projekt Red here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Note that they will get back to you usually within 24-48 hours, but will require you to include a save file prior to the issue in the email. (They'll explain how to include said save file in their email to you.) Once they check the issue, if it is legit, they'll pass it on to the dev team and email you back informing you of their findings.

Edited by Pirelli913
  • Like 1

If you have a save from BEFORE this happened, you can contact CD Projekt Red here: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Note that they will get back to you usually within 24-48 hours, but will require you to include a save file prior to the issue in the email. (They'll explain how to include said save file in their email to you.) Once they check the issue, if it is legit, they'll pass it on to the dev team and email you back informing you of their findings.

Luckily I do have a save before the encounter, so I'll be sending them an email to let them sort it out.

I had this exact problem and I have just found the card and got the platinum trophy and collect em all trophy. It is sold in the cockatrice inn in toussaint, blood and wine dlc area. You come across the pub pretty soon after the big giant fight. Hope this works for you

• Like 1

I had this exact problem and I have just found the card and got the platinum trophy and collect em all trophy. It is sold in the cockatrice inn in toussaint, blood and wine dlc area. You come across the pub pretty soon after the big giant fight. Hope this works for you

Guess I'll be picking up B&W if I want the platinum lol. Thanks for the info

Well that's lame coz I also got this issue.

Looks like they planned this so trophy hunters won't have any choice but to buy the 2nd DLC.

I'd be surprised if that were the case. CD Projekt Red seems like a very honest company that cares a lot about their fans. For now, I see it as maybe some kind of coding error. But hey, you never know.

I agree with Weegee. I think it's a coding error. Collect 'Em All was bugged last summer, too, and they patched it, but with the size of the game, it wouldn't surprise me if another issue has since come up. That said, Blood and Wine is totally worth the cost.

• Like 2

I had this problem before even the first DLC was released on pc.

I found that leader card doing something on Skellige. Some quest I think.

Quest from that druid that needs you to gather ingredients for him to teach Geralt of better alchemy?

• Like 1

I don't remember for sure, but it's very plausible...

It's not the same card the OP was missing, we're talking about a card that was supposed to be sold by the Innkeeper in Inn at the Crossroads which doesn't appear on the buy menu.

Edited by ipot_04
  • Like 1

It's not the same card the OP was missing, we're talking about a card that was supposed to be sold by the Innkeeper in Inn at the Crossroads which doesn't appear on the buy menu.

As far as I can remember, the crossroad inkeep sells the "his imperial majesty" version, not the one the OP is looking for.

That's why I'm telling you that you get that one elsewhere. But checking again it is not the one you get on Skellige. "Emperor of Nilfgaard" is possibly the one you get in the Passiflora tournament.

The one you get on Skellige should be "the white flame" version.

Edited by Doctor Doom
  • Like 1

I agree with Weegee. I think it's a coding error. Collect 'Em All was bugged last summer, too, and they patched it, but with the size of the game, it wouldn't surprise me if another issue has since come up. That said, Blood and Wine is totally worth the cost.

I figured it would be worth the cost, and that's why I'll happily buy it to get the trophy. Hell, I'd still buy it even if the glitch was fixed.

I figured it would be worth the cost, and that's why I'll happily buy it to get the trophy. Hell, I'd still buy it even if the glitch was fixed.

I'd rather wait for a sale on the Season Pass.

As far as I can remember, the crossroad inkeep sells the "his imperial majesty" version, not the one the OP is looking for.

That's why I'm telling you that you get that one elsewhere. But checking again it is not the one you get on Skellige. "Emperor of Nilfgaard" is possibly the one you get in the Passiflora tournament.

The one you get on Skellige should be "the white flame" version.

According to the guides, the innkeep is supposed to be selling that specific leader card, there's only 1 Innkeep at the Inn at the Crossroads.

I've already finished all of the gwent quests too.

You can google it if you want, people have been problems with that specific card not appearing on the Innkeep's inventory.

I only started playing last December so this issue was already present in at least v1.12

Edited by ipot_04
  • Like 1

I'd rather wait for a sale on the Season Pass.

According to the guides, the innkeep is supposed to be selling that specific leader card, there's only 1 Innkeep at the Inn at the Crossroads.

I've already finished all of the gwent quests too.

You can google it if you want, people have been problems with that specific card not appearing on the Innkeep's inventory.

I only started playing last December so this issue was already present in at least v1.12

Off topic.. But I think there is a sale on it right now. You can get HoS + BaW for 35 (thats the price on the AU PSN store.)

• Like 1