Financial Year Backlog Challenge Thing

Okay, I have a wee bit of time to write a few things before I can get back to the game.

If you're comparing No Man's Sky to Minecraft in terns of how large it is then I'm sorry but you really have mistaken the scale of No Man's Sky. I have close to twenty hours in the game now and I've only been on seven planets.The planets themselves are huge and it takes long to discover even when using your starship, when I moved on to my second star system I wasn't even close to seeing everything on the planets of my first system. There's so much to discover even on a single planet... be it monoliths and ruins or trading posts or experimentation labs or wildlife or crashed ships and so on and so on...

The seven biomes that I have found are all very diverse. Even the two barren planets are nothing alike. I've seen snow, toxic rain, radiation, sunset lakes, forests... and I haven't even seen the stuff they talked about like thunder or extreme weather. Maybe it will get repetitive after two dozen planets or so but it will take damn long to get to two dozen planets...

Say what you want but I'm enjoying myself immensely. I see why some people can't stand it though. There's very little to actually "do" except for getting resources and exploring planets/flora/fauna/lore. If you're up for something like that though then you will have a great experience with a very relaxing game that makes you look in wonder so many times...

I'll see if I can get some pictures uploaded somewhere somehow without an account.

I mean technically you could say MC really is infinite because you can generate almost an infinite amount of those worlds that will take more than the average humans lifetime to explore, which will all be entirely different. But then again, I wasn't expecting the planets in NMS to be that big. If they're that big and you can spend that much time on them it might actually take quite a while until the flora, fauna and terrain get repetitive.

And if it can keep people engaged for such a long time it might be worth those 60€ after all. Still, I've got lot's of titles I'm more interested in and couldn't even play the game if I wanted to.

I think you're taking my comments too negatively, I think NMS can be a great experience, I'm just still a little skeptical about that price tag. :P

Also, I've seen some pictures of the game but if you want to upload some just use imgur, on their website you can just drag the picture into the browser window and it'll upload it there.

I mean technically you could say MC really is infinite because you can generate almost an infinite amount of those worlds that will take more than the average humans lifetime to explore, which will all be entirely different. But then again, I wasn't expecting the planets in NMS to be that big. If they're that big and you can spend that much time on them it might actually take quite a while until the flora, fauna and terrain get repetitive.

And if it can keep people engaged for such a long time it might be worth those 60€ after all. Still, I've got lot's of titles I'm more interested in and couldn't even play the game if I wanted to.

I think you're taking my comments too negatively, I think NMS can be a great experience, I'm just still a little skeptical about that price tag. :P

Also, I've seen some pictures of the game but if you want to upload some just use imgur, on their website you can just drag the picture into the browser window and it'll upload it there.

I don't see how the flora, fauna and terrain of No Man's Sky can get repetitive but Minecraft can't... Minecraft got too boring for me very early on.

I'm not taking your comments negatively, I just want people to realise what this game is :)

I've logged into imgur indeed, here are some pictures.

These three pictures are all on the same planet to show that there is diversity even on one planet...

m1JX61Z.jpg

CtsFlfj.jpg

u7a48eK.jpg

Another planet with a nice view (I later dubbed it Tequila Sunrise)

baHucIA.jpg

My second star system (dubbed Violet Nebula) with four of its five planets...

NTr2rCZ.jpg

And finally something you should not open if you want nothing spoiled. I found something which I'm still very confused by, even after finding some of the backstory. I wanted to show with this that there's more story going on than you might think at first. There's a lot actually, all you have to do is find it.

w4Bk5W2.jpg

I don't see how the flora, fauna and terrain of No Man's Sky can get repetitive but Minecraft can't... Minecraft got too boring for me very early on.

I'm not taking your comments negatively, I just want people to realise what this game is :)

I've logged into imgur indeed, here are some pictures.

That's not what I was saying, actually Minecraft terrain is really repetitive, I mean there's some new stuff to find once you enter the nether but that's already most of the diversity you can find, but Minecraft doesn't really need that since it's purpose is not exploration. On other terms, since No Man's Sky is slower paced than I originally thought it should not get repetitive at all before you're tired of the game, which is pretty crucial for an exploration based game. I also like the fact that you can give planets your own names. :D Do other players see them as well when they happen to come across one of your named planets? That would be pretty neat.

Also, I can understand you getting bored of MC, it's not a game for everyone and I guess the main reason that I'm still playing it every once in a while is that I started playing back when it was in alpha, so I have quite the history with it. But nowadays I mostly spend my time building things from different anime and games in creative mode together with a friend on our small private server. I also still like playing technical mod packs since those tend to give the game a new objective and most of the newer mo dpacks even come with some sort of story and quests to progress that story included, so it's quite fun.

And judging by those pics the game looks pretty interesting. I might give it a try when I finally get a PS4 and the price of the game goes down to something that's more suitable for me. At least if the servers are still up by then, but I guess they shouldn't get closed within the next few years seeing as the game is barely out yet. 

That's not what I was saying, actually Minecraft terrain is really repetitive, I mean there's some new stuff to find once you enter the nether but that's already most of the diversity you can find, but Minecraft doesn't really need that since it's purpose is not exploration. On other terms, since No Man's Sky is slower paced than I originally thought it should not get repetitive at all before you're tired of the game, which is pretty crucial for an exploration based game. I also like the fact that you can give planets your own names. :D Do other players see them as well when they happen to come across one of your named planets? That would be pretty neat.

Also, I can understand you getting bored of MC, it's not a game for everyone and I guess the main reason that I'm still playing it every once in a while is that I started playing back when it was in alpha, so I have quite the history with it. But nowadays I mostly spend my time building things from different anime and games in creative mode together with a friend on our small private server. I also still like playing technical mod packs since those tend to give the game a new objective and most of the newer mo dpacks even come with some sort of story and quests to progress that story included, so it's quite fun.

And judging by those pics the game looks pretty interesting. I might give it a try when I finally get a PS4 and the price of the game goes down to something that's more suitable for me. At least if the servers are still up by then, but I guess they shouldn't get closed within the next few years seeing as the game is barely out yet.

Yeah other players should see it as well. You can name systems, planets, flora, fauna, outposts... anything you discover :-)

Servers closing wouldn't do one bit to this game, you'd just not see it if someone else had already discovered your system as well.

Yeah other players should see it as well. You can name systems, planets, flora, fauna, outposts... anything you discover :-)

Servers closing wouldn't do one bit to this game, you'd just not see it if someone else had already discovered your system as well.

That's a really nice concept, especially as it makes you feel like you are pretty much claiming your territory.

Oh, I assumed the game would be online-only like a MMO but then it really isn't that big of a deal.

That's a really nice concept, especially as it makes you feel like you are pretty much claiming your territory.

Oh, I assumed the game would be online-only like a MMO but then it really isn't that big of a deal.

It is online but with over 2.4 billion times as many planets as people alive on earth, don't expect to see anyone.

It is online but with over 2.4 billion times as many planets as people alive on earth, don't expect to see anyone.

That really fits the games name, it's pretty philosophical even, the fact that so many people are playing this game together with you right now but you are still alone.

But I would like to see some kind of way to meet your friends like maybe some kind of central space-port like thing that you could teleport to and back again once you unlock certain kinds of technology or something like that. Especially with that base building feature you were writing about. It would feel kind of pointless to build something impressive if you know that it's very likely that nobody will see that building.

Another week passed, another platinum trophy popped :D

I'm happy to say that i completed Dragon's Crown yesterday

And i bought as mentioned before the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal DLC for a single trophy :D

I completed the first chapter of Bioshock... oh man, i love being again in Rapture :D

Played a few hours of Bioshock 2 in mp, because i want to get rid of the worst trophies as soon as possible xD

But further good news: i resisted the suggestion of buying an Army of Two title, which is part of the summer sale in psn.... i won't give them 5€ :PxD

New Status

Currently Playing

Grand Theft Auto 5 - 38/59 (51%)

Crysis 3 - 34/61 (55%)

Rayman Legends - 29/51 (47%)

Bioshock - 6/66 (7%) --> 9/66 (10%)

Bioshock 2 41/69 (52%)

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (Vita) 29/56 (59%)

Games completed so far

Dragon's Crown - 49/49

Dante's Inferno - 55/55

Probably buying

Virtue's Last Reward

Bought already

Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition + Bioshock Infinite 3€

DLC bought already

Playstaton All-Stars Battle Royal - Fearless 1,99€

Edited by Evil_Joker88

No Man's Sky came, and I'm. In. Love. Spelunking in caves, rescuing aliens, blasting resources (and whistling innocently when suspicious sentinels come investigate), naming everything under the sun, doing barrel rolls in my little spaceship... and that's all on my first planet! I've been busy :D

It's much more survival/resource management sim than I'd hoped, but maybe that'll become less of an issue as I expand my ship and suit. I think it would be a little tricky as is to enjoy this game under the influence of any psychoactive substances, with so much to manage. Not saying I was going to try or anything. >_>

I like my first planet. It does have temp extremes at night, but then it's a desert planet, I'm not surprised. There was a jerk cactus that stings like a scorpion, which I wasn't expecting. Everything else (mostly armored green giraffe rams and tan armadillo frogs) was docile.

I just blasted off into space and mined asteroids on my way to a space station, nearly got myself killed taking ill-conceived pot shots at some alien freighters, and landed on what looked like a barren planet but I see now is really a giant interconnected series of crystal caves.

I can see myself playing this game for thousands of hours. Easily. :DD::D

• Like 3

So this is weird, I've been playing Amazing Spidey 2 on Xbox One the last couple days, got the last achievement yesterday but the thing is, it didn't pop. Like, there's a progress bar for achievements (which is great and I wish PlayStation would get a similar thing) and that bar says I'm at 100%, but the thing won't pop. Talked to Xbox support (because they have online chat 247 which is easier than ringing, which I wouldn't have bothered to do for an achievement) and he says just give it 3 days or so and it should pop. Doubting it will but whatever. Anyway, it's the last achievement and the only one in the game that actually takes time, you have to get the max XP for every suit in the game (and there's like 13 or so I think) and I've got them all maxxed out now right... but here's the thing, once the suits are maxxed, you can't earn any XP in them anymore, which means I can't try to earn a bit more and repop it. So that's shit, my first (full retail) 100% completed achievement list may forever be un-100%'d. 

Anyway, I got another game yesterday. Well not really. I have the Xbox Arcade sample disc thing from way back when and it has 5 games on it. The girlfriend threw it in yesterday to play Feeding Frenzy on it and apparently Boom Boom Rocket (one of the games on there) is now backwards compatible and since I'd never bothered to play that, it's basically a new game to me. However since I already had the disc, would you even count that as getting a free game or not? 

Played a bit of Lego Force Awakens on Wii U last night as well, the Lego games, and the CoD games are so much better on Wii U. They look the same on each platform so graphically you're not losing out by going last gen (which the Wii U is, whether Nintendo wants to admit it or not), and the split screen dynamic is so fucking good for those games. Love it. Although the game itself, nothing stellar yet, but then what did I expect, I hate where the recent Legos have gone, stealing straight up dialogue and following the plot really close to the movies and shit. Especially after recently replaying the glory that is Lego Star Wars 2.

Well I have been busy but to absolutely no progress really. Finished 2 chapters on AC Syndicate, love the tweaks to the combat system. Hunted: The Demons Forge lasted about 2 minutes and I got bored and then finally got around to The Last of Us which i think its great so far but only about an hour in.

Games played
Infamous: Second Son

Hunted: The Demons Forge

The Last of Us

Assassins Creed Syndicate

Cave-ins

DLC

GTA IV, The Lost and The Damned (already owned)

Here's a question for you guys...

So I've been playing a mobile game, Wordament on my phone and old iPod lately and it has Xbox achievements. Do we count that as a proper game or? On its own I wouldn't, but with the ganerscore and shit it's kind of a grey area.

Here's a question for you guys...

So I've been playing a mobile game, Wordament on my phone and old iPod lately and it has Xbox achievements. Do we count that as a proper game or? On its own I wouldn't, but with the ganerscore and shit it's kind of a grey area.

If you paid for it it counts as a game you paid for.

I'm going to write a new update so you don't have to feel bad anymore about ignoring all my other stat updates and just turn to a new one ;)

Okay, big update time.

New games:
Of course I pre-ordered (and completely paid by trading in games) No Man's Sky, which I am still loving right now. Also, I had finished LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens a few weeks ago with the missus. I did not really want to sell it because I have the season pass with it (got the limited edition because I could get it for free, thanks again to trading in some old games) and I do want to play the DLC missions in the end... But seeing as it's such a waste to let an expensive game lie around for half a year while we wait for those missions to come out (and while we have a few unplayed LEGO games left) I did not mind trading it on, seeing if I could trade something else for it back again when all the DLC had been released. And sure thing, someone asks me if they can have LEGO and that they have Far Cry Primal for me, a game which was still on my to-do-list. Sure thing! Now I can use it to get in the mood for Horizon Zero Dawn.

Game update:

L793a84.png
On tuesday I managed to play some Mirror's Edge before I got messaged that No Man's Sky was available for pickup. I still really like Catalyst, much more than the predecessor, but during play I could not help but notice how EA still manages to screw up pretty basic stuff:

• You have your own runner tag, which is used for a bunch of stuff, most prominently hacked billboards. Where the menu is to customise this tag, you ask? Why are you even looking for it in the game, you weirdo? It's on EA's site and app, of course!
  • You have timed runs in the game. Sure, it's about running fast after all. But there's also runs in the game where you have to deliver a fragile item. This item breaks if you fail at the time limit... Which makes zero sense considering the items. Thanks to the harsh time limits, it also causes you to often fail a run at first while you're a meter or two from the person you're supposed to deliver to. I feel like fragile item runs should have been without time (you've got dashes and secret info deleveries for that already), they could have been made more varied by doing these over large drops and with enemies trying to hit you (so going into fights would break the item).
  • After all the stuff in the last game with seeing Faith in reflective surfaces, EA now decides to include in the game... Reflective surfaces. Without your reflection. Seriously, I figured this out after a story mission ends with you having to walk through a corridor to the open, straight to a deep blue wall which reflects everything around you very clearly and in high texture, but without you in it.

As stated, I still like this game and I will play through it but this has just become another item on the list of "things that could have been money in the bag but EA still managed to screw up". I'm so pissed that they are the ones with an exclusive deal to Star Wars games. It's like the universe doesn't want any good Star Wars games ever any more.

L57f32a.png
So this is it, the game I've been waiting for, the answer to "born too late to explore earth, born to early to explore the universe". As you might have guessed from my other posts here and in the No Man's Sky screenshots/hints/tips thread, I'm loving this game. It's been more than thirty hours (I lost count) and fifteen planets plus one moon, and only now is it starting to wear off a bit. Looking at how attention deficit I am, it's really saying something that I could go on so long in this game without any clear directive, it's an amazing accomplishment. The planets are still very varied, I haven't even seen a lot of the stuff other people are talking about. I've seen about five lifeless planets and one lifeless moon, and none were alike. Yes, there's stuff you see that goes around (a form of tail, a main body, wings, a certain plant style, a type of rock formation) but it's used in such a varied way that you can easily dismiss it.

So why is the newness wearing off for me? Well, as mentioned earlier I can't really do little direction in a game, which is why I never finished a Bethesda game, or a Witcher, or a Dragon Age even though I started them all. Same goes for this game, it's just so huge... And there's almost no story at all. There's a bit of lore you can discover (which I quickly started to focus on) but that's it for most of the game. A few warps in and I've been called forward by Atlas to go somewhere for it, and I jumped to the call. Going to do a different tactic now: I explored all planets in three systems but now I'll focus on the Atlas quest and explore where I need supplies. That should give me more direction and keep the game going for at least another thirty hours. I'm still amazed that I can just loaf around in a game for more than thirty hours in three days and not feel bored, no game ever has gotten me to do that. Even if I would not play a single minute again, I feel like the price has been worth it. Being part of this experience, exploring a new universe with others while figuring out the rules together... What I think will happen is that I will focus on this game for a few more days and then get the urge to play something else again. I'll keep playing this game alongside the rest probably, one planet a day or something like that.

I'm not putting the game in my backlog since there's so little story and I'm not sure if I want to get to the center, or if I just want to keep exploring the little bit of universe I'm at right now.

BILLYHORRIBLE - August 1, 2016

GAMES PLAYED THROUGH:
Ratchet&Clank (played through story)
(obtained and started 2016/8/1, finished story 2016/8/4)
DOOM (continued and finished story)
(obtained 2016/7/1, started 2016/7/1, last played before event 2016/7/9, continued and finished 2016/8/7)

No Man's Sky (played through but will never be truly finished)

(obtained on 2016/8/9)

ADDITIONAL GAMES PLAYED:
Broken Age (continued on story)
(PS+ October 2015, started 2016/3/23, last played before event 2016/4/4, continued 2016/8/5)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (post-story freeroam stuff)
(played on X360 on release in 2013, played on PS4 in August 2014, story long since finished, not part of official backlog)
Mirror's Edge Catalyst (started)
(obtained and tried out on 2016/8/5)

3 PURCHASED GAMES:

DLC (AUD 20 out of 20 REMAINING):

ADDITIONAL CAVE-INS:

NON-PLUS GAMES OBTAINED FOR FREE:
traded: game from before event -> Ratchet & Clank -> Mirror's Edge Catalyst
traded: game from before event -> Witcher 3

traded: game from before event -> Far Cry Primal

GAMES PRE-ORDERED BEFORE STARTING EVENT:
No Man's Sky
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Horizon Zero Dawn

BACKLOG AT 2016/08/01
PS4 12 games and 19 free games
PS3 10 games and 29 free games
VITA 0 games and 10 free games
SNES 23 games

CURRENT BACKLOG:
PS4 13 games and 19 free games   +1
PS3 10 games and 29 free games   -0
VITA 0 games and 10 free games    -0
SNES 23 games                               -0

CURRENT EXPENSES:
$0.00

LAST UPDATE:
2016/08/12

Edited by BillyHorrible

If you paid for it it counts as a game you paid for.

I'm going to write a new update so you don't have to feel bad anymore about ignoring all my other stat updates and just turn to a new one ;)

It's a freebie on both sides, I downloaded it initially for the gamerpoints but ended up really enjoying it and did it again on an old iPod. I just mean, I wouldn't count it as a full game on it's own (although it's seriously fun, and if you're bored I'd recommend giving it a download and play for 5 minutes) but the achievements kind of make it come off as more of a game.

I meant more, if I would count it as a completed game (like all achievements / trophies) or not, I'd feel like I was lying, but at the same time I'm not, so I asked the community to vote instead of just making the call on my own.

As stated, I still like this game and I will play through it but this has just become another item on the list of "things that could have been money in the bag but EA still managed to screw up". I'm so pissed that they are the ones with an exclusive deal to Star Wars games. It's like the universe doesn't want any good Star Wars games ever any more.

I'm still amazed that I can just loaf around in a game for more than thirty hours in three days and not feel bored, no game ever has gotten me to do that.

You could say that while Indie developers carefully craft their game with just the right amount of love in it, major publishers have tried to replace that with money. No passion is really involved there anymore, mostly just numbers. That's why those games look like they were made by someone who didn't even play his own games but instead only analyzed them theoretically.

Well, those are the games you can spend the most time in. I've probably spent like 10 hours out of the 320 hours I have in Skyrim doing the story. The remaining 310 hours were spent by exploring, fighting, stealing, picking flowers, finding random quests and dungeons, leveling up skills, and many other things.

Now that I think about it, Terraria might be a game for you. It has a huge line of progression, so it keeps you busy but it doesn't really tell you what to do next, so you have to find out by exploring. There are really great battle mechanics at play when fighting bosses and when you think you finally beat the final boss, after exploring everything from the flying islands in the sky to the depths of hell itself, the game just casually tells you that you unlocked hard mode, which is basically the point where the game actually starts since there's so much more to come. :D But it is really one of those games that makes you explore a lot to gear up, there's also lot's of diverse biomes both overground and especially underground.

Edit:

I've also got another game for free because I managed to decipher Davs code back in the Song Vote thread. :D

So I've now acquired South Park: The Stick of Truth. Can't wait to play that game once I get done with all my guide stuff. :P

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

It's a freebie on both sides, I downloaded it initially for the gamerpoints but ended up really enjoying it and did it again on an old iPod. I just mean, I wouldn't count it as a full game on it's own (although it's seriously fun, and if you're bored I'd recommend giving it a download and play for 5 minutes) but the achievements kind of make it come off as more of a game.

I meant more, if I would count it as a completed game (like all achievements / trophies) or not, I'd feel like I was lying, but at the same time I'm not, so I asked the community to vote instead of just making the call on my own.

Well, Microsoft says it's a 100% completion then... You can always add an asterisk. PlayStation has a oouple of games that you can complete in ten minutes as well.

You could say that while Indie developers carefully craft their game with just the right amount of love in it, major publishers have tried to replace that with money. No passion is really involved there anymore, mostly just numbers. That's why those games look like they were made by someone who didn't even play his own games but instead only analyzed them theoretically.

Well, those are the games you can spend the most time in. I've probably spent like 10 hours out of the 320 hours I have in Skyrim doing the story. The remaining 310 hours were spent by exploring, fighting, stealing, picking flowers, finding random quests and dungeons, leveling up skills, and many other things.

Now that I think about it, Terraria might be a game for you. It has a huge line of progression, so it keeps you busy but it doesn't really tell you what to do next, so you have to find out by exploring. There are really great battle mechanics at play when fighting bosses and when you think you finally beat the final boss, after exploring everything from the flying islands in the sky to the depths of hell itself, the game just casually tells you that you unlocked hard mode, which is basically the point where the game actually starts since there's so much more to come. :D But it is really one of those games that makes you explore a lot to gear up, there's also lot's of diverse biomes both overground and especially underground.

I can definitely see that, while both games took a while to get done, EA was busy on the marketing side (€200 for a €100 collector's edition, the nerve) while Hello Games knew that they had only one shot and held out on a game that they could've already sold three years ago if they had asked half the price, but they wanted to make the game as they envisioned it and they didn't stop until they were done.

I should note that while I love sandbox games, I usually don't love working without direction. Add to that that neither the graphics nor the toughness of Terraria really appeals to me... Sorry but I think I'll pass. After No Man's Sky, I also think I need something that's a bit closed off. Catalyst should work well despide being set in an open city.

I'd say if it has trophies it should count as completable game, regardless of the price or length of the title.

I can definitely see that, while both games took a while to get done, EA was busy on the marketing side (€200 for a €100 collector's edition, the nerve) while Hello Games knew that they had only one shot and held out on a game that they could've already sold three years ago if they had asked half the price, but they wanted to make the game as they envisioned it and they didn't stop until they were done.

I should note that while I love sandbox games, I usually don't love working without direction. Add to that that neither the graphics nor the toughness of Terraria really appeals to me... Sorry but I think I'll pass. After No Man's Sky, I also think I need something that's a bit closed off. Catalyst should work well despide being set in an open city.

That's what I like about Indie games, they are directed by gamers instead of bookkeepers.

Well, I'd still advise you check it out once it falls back to 5€ again, what it tends to do pretty often. It's really worth it, even if you're not into games that don't give you much direction I'd say it's worth a shot. After looking at the first part of one of the many NMS LP's that are popping up lately, mostly to see for myself how the game plays, I would say that at least in terms of crafting and on-planet exploration the games are pretty similar. You run around, explore caves and other stuff for resources and treasure and use that stuff to progress in the game. Also, the game is not really hard at all. Sure there are a few fights that could get tight if you're undergeared and unprepared but otherwise it's pretty easy. They even added an "Expert Mode" to the PC version and later also the PS4 and XB1 version in one of the recent bigger updates because it was getting too easy. That expert mode doubles the damage you take and improves the AI of all bosses with a new stage, which makes it a pretty nice thing for the people who are already familiar with it, like me. But yeah, the artstyle can't appeal to everyone. I personally love it. It's full of creativity, especially in the later stages of the game and the pixelated graphics age really well, making it possible to enjoy the game even with higher graphical standards as the visual just fits.

I also wasn't really suggesting it as a next game or anything, I just think you might like it if you tried it in the future. :D 

I'd say if it has trophies it should count as completable game, regardless of the price or length of the title.

That's what I like about Indie games, they are directed by gamers instead of bookkeepers.

Well, I'd still advise you check it out once it falls back to 5€ again, what it tends to do pretty often. It's really worth it, even if you're not into games that don't give you much direction I'd say it's worth a shot. After looking at the first part of one of the many NMS LP's that are popping up lately, mostly to see for myself how the game plays, I would say that at least in terms of crafting and on-planet exploration the games are pretty similar. You run around, explore caves and other stuff for resources and treasure and use that stuff to progress in the game. Also, the game is not really hard at all. Sure there are a few fights that could get tight if you're undergeared and unprepared but otherwise it's pretty easy. They even added an "Expert Mode" to the PC version and later also the PS4 and XB1 version in one of the recent bigger updates because it was getting too easy. That expert mode doubles the damage you take and improves the AI of all bosses with a new stage, which makes it a pretty nice thing for the people who are already familiar with it, like me. But yeah, the artstyle can't appeal to everyone. I personally love it. It's full of creativity, especially in the later stages of the game and the pixelated graphics age really well, making it possible to enjoy the game even with higher graphical standards as the visual just fits.

I also wasn't really suggesting it as a next game or anything, I just think you might like it if you tried it in the future. :D

Well the problem is that in No Man's Sky, the graphics are gorgeous, and it's exploring different planets which has much more appeal to me, so even if the playstyle is almost the same...

I'd still advise you check it out once it falls back to 5€ again

I seem to be getting a lot of advice from people about which games to buy in this, a thread I entered to prevent myself from spending money :)

I am really going to try to buy as little as possible, the only thing I'll excuse myself for in advance is VR stuff.

Well the problem is that in No Man's Sky, the graphics are gorgeous, and it's exploring different planets which has much more appeal to me, so even if the playstyle is almost the same...

I seem to be getting a lot of advice from people about which games to buy in this, a thread I entered to prevent myself from spending money :)

I am really going to try to buy as little as possible, the only thing I'll excuse myself for in advance is VR stuff.

Well, can't change you opinion about graphics but the gameplay, while featuring some pretty similar elements, is more about the combat. I think pretty much the main 4 things you do in Terraria are exploring, fighting, crafting, and building. But that last one can also be done in a more practical fashion if you're not into that. :P

Yeah, I'm always thinking long-term wise. Usually when I decide to get a game I can only get it a few months later or so, so it's natural for me but I was suggesting you to try it after the challenge, since it's fairly obvious what kind of challenge we're in. :P 

Personally i tend to judge on the quality of the gameplay as opposed to eflective surfaces but hey that's just me :)

While it's not nearly as bad as lacking gameplay, something like this can throw you out of the immersion like a sledgehammer to the head. Well, maybe not that extremely but I'm sure if they EA didn't shove them towards an early release all the time this would probably be fixed.

But I personally wouldn't really complain about that. I've gotten used to things like these and in the games I usually play it doesn't really matter anyways since there is little to no focus on graphical fidelity.

While it's not nearly as bad as lacking gameplay, something like this can throw you out of the immersion like a sledgehammer to the head. Well, maybe not that extremely but I'm sure if they EA didn't shove them towards an early release all the time this would probably be fixed.

But I personally wouldn't really complain about that. I've gotten used to things like these and in the games I usually play it doesn't really matter anyways since there is little to no focus on graphical fidelity.

Maybe it is just me lol but I wouldn't even realise!!

Maybe it is just me lol but I wouldn't even realise!!

I usually wouldn't either but I guess in this case it's a huge reflective surface and the only thing that's not being reflected is you. This should feel pretty weird, even though I did not experience this in a game yet.

But yeah in most cases I wouldn't realize those things either. :) But then again, I guess the only games that are graphically polished enough to notice would probably be current generation games but I can't play those anyway.