Project Guide Creation V2.0

Nice, it's such a shame the game won't allow players to work on multiple implements simultaneously.

If you use buffs that increases max SP you can use it, because the implement reduces SP with 300. I added a note to implement #55 to use the scimitar. After completing it, the scimitar should be close to being maxed out, afterwards the katana skills will be available. Plus the passive buff from Katana Mastery (requires scimitar mastery at 1,000) increases SP regen with 3, which is a great buff to have.

That's still my main grime with the SP system.

Actually, I don't know if it's just me but I noticed that every time I used SP raising skills on that implement, the counter stopped until I restarted the implement. Even after the SP went back down to 1, the game still wouldn't count my progress towards the implement. That's why I think it's so annoying, I'm used to activate those buffs, so I do it accidentally when I'm in a bad situation and that means restarting the mission you are currently doing to make further progress towards the implement.

That's still my main grime with the SP system.

Actually, I don't know if it's just me but I noticed that every time I used SP raising skills on that implement, the counter stopped until I restarted the implement. Even after the SP went back down to 1, the game still wouldn't count my progress towards the implement. That's why I think it's so annoying, I'm used to activate those buffs, so I do it accidentally when I'm in a bad situation and that means restarting the mission you are currently doing to make further progress towards the implement.

That's interesting, I didn't bother using buffs that increase max SP, so didn't notice that.

I'm also finished with the implement strategies :dance:, just waiting for the results of the bleeding traps in Frozen Animal Trail. In the meantime I'm working on some text and also added a table with useful skills and their requirements. This means I don't have to explain the requirements over and over again in the implement list.

I've added some text and the Implement section has become very long, so I was thinking about moving the implement tables to another section. Thoughts?

Also I was looking at the colour-coding thing and came up with these categories

1. Implements to skip (red colour?)
  2. Sword Skills and OSS
  3. Burst Attack and Just Attack
  4. Side Step, Back Step, and Just Step
  5. Taking and dealing damage
  6. NMs and HNMs
  7. Debuffs? Not sure if this should get its own colour or not
  8. Other implements (default colour?)

Does anyone has a better classification? Remember we only have 8 colours.

I've added some text and the Implement section has become very long, so I was thinking about moving the implement tables to another section. Thoughts?

1. Implements to skip (red colour?)
  2. Sword Skills and OSS
  3. Burst Attack and Just Attack
  4. Side Step, Back Step, and Just Step
  5. Taking and dealing damage
  6. NMs and HNMs
  7. Debuffs? Not sure if this should get its own colour or not
  8. Other implements (default colour?)

If we have 'other implements' category due to insufficient colors, I would say screw the coloring.

Only mark the skippable ones =)

Ok, now I just need Falion's opinion too to hopefully reach a consensus *summoning xFalionx*.

You dare to summon me, mortal? I was busy doing important things in my demon realm. Well, I shall answer you request for now but be reminded that summoning me again might have dire consequences for the planet you reside on.  :devil: 

• Implements to skip (red colour?)
  • Sword Skills and OSS
  • Burst Attack and Just Attack
  • Side Step, Back Step, and Just Step
  • Taking and dealing damage
  • NMs and HNMs
  • Debuffs? Not sure if this should get its own colour or not
  • Other implements (default colour?)

I'm unsure about these colors. As Satoshi said, it might be pretty weird if there's a large amount of other implements but I don't really think that only marking skippable implements is the best possible way either.

As for the colors you stated, I'd add auto-attack to burst and just attack , I'd add back crits to the step category since you pretty much need to utilize steps as well to stay behind the enemy in those implements. We could also free up a color by making the 3rd category a purely offensive category and shoving the dealing damage portion in there as well. Then just make your debuff category a buff/debuff category and include taking damage, restoring health, and any other things that require the use of buffs/debuffs.

I would also suggest making the NM/HNM section a kill things section and also include normal enemy kills and stuff like that. We could then use the freed up color for another type of implements and either have less remaining implements in the last category, or maybe the amount of implements left is small enough to squish those in the other categories and get them all colored.

It might be helpful if we had a list of every type of implement requirement. If I can free up enough time, I might do that. That way it would be a lot easier to create colored categories for those requirements since we'd have all of them in a compact list.

Another thing I'd suggest is marking implements that change your weapon with something (maybe put them in brackets or make use of italic text or something like that). We could also mark the implements hat are suggested to skip using bold type to free up another color. 

I'd also be for splitting the implements from their tips. Since I noticed that the Hollow Mission list is a lot better in terms of navigation, maybe we could also try splitting the implements in three sections. That way we'd have a implement 1-40, 41-80 and 81-114 so people can just click on the content list to select the third of the implements they need to look something up in, making this process a little faster. That's just an idea, though. 

• Like 1

You dare to summon me, mortal? I was busy doing important things in my demon realm. Well, I shall answer you request for now but be reminded that summoning me again might have dire consequences for the planet you reside on.  :devil:  

*Summons xFalionx again* wow it "only" took almost 12 hours to summon you, I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls again :P. Mortal? I'm a dragon :awesome:. Now let's see what these dire consequences are.

As for the colors you stated, I'd add auto-attack to burst and just attack , I'd add back crits to the step category since you pretty much need to utilize steps as well to stay behind the enemy in those implements. We could also free up a color by making the 3rd category a purely offensive category and shoving the dealing damage portion in there as well. Then just make your debuff category a buff/debuff category and include taking damage, restoring health, and any other things that require the use of buffs/debuffs.

I'd rather add auto-attack to dealing damage, since burst and just attacks requires people to press buttons continuously, unlike auto-attacks. Having an offensive category with auto-attacks, sword skills, OSS combos, and dealing damage sounds good too. Back crits could go with those, though I used switch and taunt a lot on that crab NM in Graysreev Beach. Forgot about the healing buffs, so those can go with debuffs and taking damage.

I would also suggest making the NM/HNM section a kill things section and also include normal enemy kills and stuff like that. We could then use the freed up color for another type of implements and either have less remaining implements in the last category, or maybe the amount of implements left is small enough to squish those in the other categories and get them all colored.

It might be helpful if we had a list of every type of implement requirement. If I can free up enough time, I might do that. That way it would be a lot easier to create colored categories for those requirements since we'd have all of them in a compact list.

Oh right, there are also regular enemies that need to be killed. These didn't have a colour yet, so it doesn't free up another one. Ok, it would be great to have an overview of every implement type. There are still a few like dodging, countering, and reflecting attacks, so maybe those could be added to the steps?

Another thing I'd suggest is marking implements that change your weapon with something (maybe put them in brackets or make use of italic text or something like that). We could also mark the implements hat are suggested to skip using bold type to free up another color. 

I'd also be for splitting the implements from their tips. Since I noticed that the Hollow Mission list is a lot better in terms of navigation, maybe we could also try splitting the implements in three sections. That way we'd have a implement 1-40, 41-80 and 81-114 so people can just click on the content list to select the third of the implements they need to look something up in, making this process a little faster. That's just an idea, though. 

That's a possibility too.

Awesome, looks like the implements get their section. Yeah, I thought the HM lists would be better off in their own section. 

tl;dr

New categories;

1. Skip
  2. Burst & Just attacks
  3. Auto-attack, sword skills, OSS combos, back crits, and dealing damage
  4. Defeating NMs, HNMs, and regular enemies
  5. Side Step, Back Step, Just (Back) Step, dodging, countering, and reflecting damage
  6. Buffs, debuffs, healing, and taking damage
  7. -
  8. Miscellaneous implements

Seems like we have a spare colour and while writing this, it seemed that back crits also fit with the offensive category.

tl;dr

New categories;

1. Skip
  2. Burst & Just attacks
  5. Side Step, Back Step, Just (Back) Step, dodging, countering, and reflecting damage
  7. -

Seems like we have a spare colour and while writing this, it seemed that back crits also fit with the offensive category.

Counter + Reflect damage to the new category.

Maybe adding taking damage since technically you are receiving attacks in all 3 cases.

*Summons xFalionx again* wow it "only" took almost 12 hours to summon you, I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls again :P. Mortal? I'm a dragon :awesome:. Now let's see what these dire consequences are.

Summoning a powerful demon simply takes a mere mortal like you a lot of time. Dragons are mortals, by the way, how else would Dav have been able to slay one of your kind and eat it. 

Alright, you want consequences? Now look at what you've made me do.  :devil:

I+m+so+sorry+op+idk+how+it+happened+_3d3

This waste of precious chocolate milk is entirely your fault and you should feel bad for it.

Oh right, there are also regular enemies that need to be killed. These didn't have a colour yet, so it doesn't free up another one. Ok, it would be great to have an overview of every implement type. There are still a few like dodging, countering, and reflecting attacks, so maybe those could be added to the steps?

I'll (hopefully) get that done tomorrow, while I wait for that damn mission to spawn. At least I'm at area rank 3 again, so now it's just a waiting game.

When I'm done with that I'm gonna add some more thoughts on the list below.

tl;dr

New categories;

1. Skip
  2. Burst & Just attacks
  7. -

This already looks a lot more promising. I'd also go with Satoshis changes posted above, for now at least. When I've got an overview of exactly what requirements there are we might be able to group them into 8 groups with less trouble than before.

• Like 1

I fixed that mistake for you :P. Congrats with the Eiyuu Senki guide, I'll be using it after getting the game.

Also I agree with the muse, we need a Grand Kingdom guide :awesome:.

And now you can read and review my Eiyuu Senki guide.  Have fun with it: it's far more thorough and more verbose than any other guide I've written, and only my Muse probably could tell you why.  I can't, because I'm not quite sure why this guide varies so much in terms of style and content from most of the other guides I've written.

Some people write guides for widely-played games that receive critical acclaim.  I'm not some people.  B)

And my Muse is still nudging me a little bit for Grand Kingdom, so I'll probably get that one started in the next few days. Thankfully, she's not nudging me for an uber-verbose, ultra-detailed guide like Eiyuu Senki, so I can probably get back to writing the lighter versions of guides that I seem to "specialize" in, not that many people utilize guides for the niche games I write them for.  B)

1. Anything that requires precise button presses
  2. Anything that basically just requires hitting an enemy
  3. Anything that requires enemies to hit you
  4. Anything that requires kills
  5. Anything that requires risk management
  6. Anything that requires the use of buffs
  7. Anything that requires getting debuffed or debuffing an enemy

Bold = Skip

Italic = Has enemy level requirement

1. Sword Skills (another one of those maybe things because of the glitch, which is technically a precise button press)

OSS

Just ATKs

Just Step

Just Back Step

Parry

2. Burst ATKs (are theoretically precise but I figured they'd fit in here better)

Damage dealing

Auto ATKs

3. Taking damage

Taking critical hits

Auto-dodging

Getting hit while wielding a shield

4. Kill enemies

Kill NMs

Kill HNMs

Kill Bosses

5. Anything that has a second requirement of risk management (like finishing HMs at or under risk 1)
  6. Back Crits (could also go in 2 but usually requires a buff to work properly)

ADD DMG (same as above)

SP Absorb (same as above)

Reflect attacks (same as above but would belong in 3 otherwise)

Replenishing HP

7. Applying various debuffs to enemies

Getting inflicted with various debuffs

Stuns (technically applies a debuff to enemy, would overwise be put in 8)

8. Completing HMs

Switching

Joined Sword Skill

Carrying out a GOOD (gotta love the translation ^_^)

Wow, that was a lot. Anyway, here is my version of the color coding. I think this would do the job but I'd like you guys opinion on it. This is every kind of implement requirement, by the way, unless I missed one, that is.

Also, I finally managed to get the HM spawned to test out the traps while working on this list. I'll be posting the results of that test soon.

Edit: I can finally say that the trap effects do count towards the implements and that there's not only bleed but also poison and multiple ability DWs there. The only downside to the spot is that there are a few high level enemies there and they might kill you if they respawn at a bad time while you're at low health. Especially since there's also a paralyze trap there. Knowing my luck, I'd totally get myself killed there once or twice while completing an implement there. :P

But overall it's a good spot for those kinds of implements.

Edited by xFalionx

Hiya, I write guides too, and was wondering if it is too late to join this event? I am currently working on a guide at the moment too.

Welcome to the event! I'll add you to the roster when I get back in town.

Also, October trophies will be added either monday or tuesday night. I had to leave town unexpectedly.

1. Anything that requires precise button presses
  2. Anything that basically just requires hitting an enemy
  3. Anything that requires enemies to hit you
  4. Anything that requires kills
  5. Anything that requires risk management
  6. Anything that requires the use of buffs
  7. Anything that requires getting debuffed or debuffing an enemy

Bold = Skip

1. Sword Skills (another one of those maybe things because of the glitch, which is technically a precise button press)

OSS

Just ATKs

Just Step

Just Back Step

Parry

2. Burst ATKs (are theoretically precise but I figured they'd fit in here better)

Damage dealing

Auto ATKs

3. Taking damage

Taking critical hits

Auto-dodging

4. Kill enemies

Kill NMs

Kill HNMs

Kill Bosses

5. Anything that has a second requirement of risk management (like finishing HMs at or under risk 1)
  6. Back Crits (could also go in 2 but usually requires a buff to work properly)

ADD DMG (same as above)

Replenishing HP

7. Applying various debuffs to enemies

8. Completing HMs

Switching

Joined Sword Skill

Carrying out a GOOD (gotta love the translation ^_^)

Wow, that was a lot. Anyway, here is my version of the color coding. I think this would do the job but I'd like you guys opinion on it. This is every kind of implement requirement, by the way, unless I missed one, that is.

Also, I finally managed to get the HM spawned to test out the traps while working on this list. I'll be posting the results of that test soon.

Edit: I can finally say that the trap effects do count towards the implements and that there's not only bleed but also poison and multiple ability DWs there. The only downside to the spot is that there are a few high level enemies there and they might kill you if they respawn at a bad time while you're at low health. Especially since there's also a paralyze trap there. Knowing my luck, I'd totally get myself killed there once or twice while completing an implement there. :P

I'm not sure if having steps and attacks in the same category is the right way...

Sure, I may be very anti-step but Steps should have their own section.

Counter + Reflect damage to the new category.

Maybe adding taking damage since technically you are receiving attacks in all 3 cases.

This already looks a lot more promising. I'd also go with Satoshis changes posted above, for now at least. When I've got an overview of exactly what requirements there are we might be able to group them into 8 groups with less trouble than before.

Sounds good, I like it.

Summoning a powerful demon simply takes a mere mortal like you a lot of time. Dragons are mortals, by the way, how else would Dav have been able to slay one of your kind and eat it. 

Alright, you want consequences? Now look at what you've made me do.   :devil:

I+m+so+sorry+op+idk+how+it+happened+_3d3

This waste of precious chocolate milk is entirely your fault and you should feel bad for it.

That was different, the night fury was just a drake, not a full-grown dragon :P. NOOOOOOooooooo, not the chocolate milk noooo-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862514, now I feel terrible.

• Anything that requires precise button presses
  • Anything that basically just requires hitting an enemy
  • Anything that requires enemies to hit you
  • Anything that requires kills
  • Anything that requires risk management
  • Anything that requires the use of buffs
  • Anything that requires getting debuffed or debuffing an enemy
  • Miscellaneous implements
Bold = Skip

•  
  • Sword Skills (another one of those maybe things because of the glitch, which is technically a precise button press)

OSS

Just ATKs

Just Step

Just Back Step

Parry

• Burst ATKs (are theoretically precise but I figured they'd fit in here better)

Damage dealing

Auto ATKs

• Taking damage

Taking critical hits

Auto-dodging

• Kill enemies

Kill NMs

Kill HNMs

Kill Bosses

• Anything that has a second requirement of risk management (like finishing HMs at or under risk 1)
  • Back Crits (could also go in 2 but usually requires a buff to work properly)

ADD DMG (same as above)

Replenishing HP

• Applying various debuffs to enemies

• Completing HMs

Switching

Joined Sword Skill

Carrying out a GOOD (gotta love the translation  ^_^

Seems like some things are mixed up, for example Just Attacks requires players to hit enemies while timing it to count towards the implement. Also risk management implements usually have 2 objectives, so that makes it hard to put them into one category (for example side step while keeping risk at 1). I'd rather use italic for risk management, so it doesn't interfere with the colour. Back crits also doesn't require a buff to complete it, using Back Stab just speeds it up. Same with SP absorb (implement #77), which is done with auto-attacks. Using buffs to increase the attack speed doesn't affect SP absorbs. ADD damage does require either a buff or an equipment, but it's done with auto-attacks too. Reflecting attacks (#72) is a passive bonus from the implement and having a shield equipped raises the chances, so not sure why this is in the buff category. I'm also with Satoshi on splitting the steps to its own category.

I'd rather do something like this:

• Skip (includes stun)
  • Burst & Just attacks
  • Offensive: Auto-attack (including ADD damage and SP absorbs), sword skills, OSS combos, back crits, and dealing damage
  • Killing: Defeating NMs, HNMs, Bosses, and regular enemies
  • Side Step, Back Step, and Just (Back) Step
  • Buffs (#110 and #111), debuffing enemies, getting debuffed, and healing HP
  • Dodging, counter, reflecting damage, taking critical hits, take breath attacks, and taking damage
  • Miscellaneous implements: completing HMs, Switching, Joined Sword Skill, Carrying out a GOOD
  • Italic = Risk management

Edit: I can finally say that the trap effects do count towards the implements and that there's not only bleed but also poison and multiple ability DWs there. The only downside to the spot is that there are a few high level enemies there and they might kill you if they respawn at a bad time while you're at low health. Especially since there's also a paralyze trap there. Knowing my luck, I'd totally get myself killed there once or twice while completing an implement there.  :P

Awesome, that's good to know, thanks for taking the time to test it out :D.

And now you can read and review my Eiyuu Senki guide.  Have fun with it: it's far more thorough and more verbose than any other guide I've written, and only my Muse probably could tell you why.  I can't, because I'm not quite sure why this guide varies so much in terms of style and content from most of the other guides I've written.

Some people write guides for widely-played games that receive critical acclaim.  I'm not some people.   B)

And my Muse is still nudging me a little bit for Grand Kingdom, so I'll probably get that one started in the next few days. Thankfully, she's not nudging me for an uber-verbose, ultra-detailed guide like Eiyuu Senki, so I can probably get back to writing the lighter versions of guides that I seem to "specialize" in, not that many people utilize guides for the niche games I write them for.   B)

Nice work with the guide :yay:.

Lol, your must is correct. I'll definitely use that Eiyuu Senki guide btw :D.

Hiya, I write guides too, and was wondering if it is too late to join this event? I am currently working on a guide at the moment too.

I was wondering if I could be put down for an Actual Sunlight guide instead of the Dying Light-The Following guide if possible.

Hey! So, how do I join here? I was thinking about making a guide and I saw this thread.

Welcome to the event and good luck with your guides :D.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I'm not sure if having steps and attacks in the same category is the right way...

Sure, I may be very anti-step but Steps should have their own section.

I just tried to make some fitting groups and came up with a way to group more things together by making a "Precise button presses" kind of thing because that's basically all those things are.

Seems like some things are mixed up, for example Just Attacks requires players to hit enemies while timing it to count towards the implement. Also risk management implements usually have 2 objectives, so that makes it hard to put them into one category (for example side step while keeping risk at 1). I'd rather use italic for risk management, so it doesn't interfere with the colour. Back crits also doesn't require a buff to complete it, using Back Stab just speeds it up. Same with SP absorb (implement #77), which is done with auto-attacks. Using buffs to increase the attack speed doesn't affect SP absorbs. ADD damage does require either a buff or an equipment, but it's done with auto-attacks too. Reflecting attacks (#72) is a passive bonus from the implement and having a shield equipped raises the chances, so not sure why this is in the buff category. I'm also with Satoshi on splitting the steps to its own category.

Like I replied to Satoshi, I mostly wanted to broaden the reach of each color because we don't have that many. Also to provide a different view of the matter at hand while compiling all of the requirements into a list.

Most of the things after which I've put a short comment were things that might also fit another of those categories. You could say I gave the different fields different weights when sorting, for example when something requires precise button presses I'd rather put it in that group than the one for just hitting enemies or wherever else it would fit in because that's the difficult part about the requirement. The hard thing about Just Attacks is hitting the attack button on time, not finding a group of enemies to hit. The same can be stated for the risk category. I would have put anything that has that second requirement of risk management in there because that's the challenging part of the implement. Also, for that buff category I included anything that would technically count as a buff, not only buffs you have to apply to yourself but also effects of implements and equipments since those technically represent buffs. Like I said above, this is mostly just a way to present another view on the subject.

I'd rather do something like this:

• Skip (includes stun)
  • Burst & Just attacks
  • Offensive: Auto-attack (including ADD damage and SP absorbs), sword skills, OSS combos, back crits, and dealing damage
  • Killing: Defeating NMs, HNMs, Bosses, and regular enemies
  • Side Step, Back Step, and Just (Back) Step
  • Buffs (#110 and #111), debuffing enemies, getting debuffed, and healing HP
  • Dodging, counter, reflecting damage, taking critical hits, take breath attacks, and taking damage
  • Miscellaneous implements: completing HMs, Switching, Joined Sword Skill, Carrying out a GOOD
  • Italic = Risk management

That list sounds good as well. Maybe we'd also want to include bold type for implements with an enemy level requirement, since that is still unused in this version and since it's something that's useful to know at first glance.

Edited by xFalionx

Like I replied to Satoshi, I mostly wanted to broaden the reach of each color because we don't have that many. Also to provide a different view of the matter at hand while compiling all of the requirements into a list.

Most of the things after which I've put a short comment were things that might also fit another of those categories. You could say I gave the different fields different weights when sorting, for example when something requires precise button presses I'd rather put it in that group than the one for just hitting enemies or wherever else it would fit in because that's the difficult part about the requirement. The hard thing about Just Attacks is hitting the attack button on time, not finding a group of enemies to hit. The same can be stated for the risk category. I would have put anything that has that second requirement of risk management in there because that's the challenging part of the implement. Also, for that buff category I included anything that would technically count as a buff, not only buffs you have to apply to yourself but also effects of implements and equipments since those technically represent buffs. Like I said above, this is mostly just a way to present another view on the subject.

Ah ok, now I understand what you did. Though I believe at least two-thirds of the implements activate a passive buff.

I didn't think Just Attacks were hard to do, but I'll add a picture of the circle so readers will know what to look out for. I thought it would be best to move Burst and Just Attacks their own category since there are lots of implements for that. That's also why I wanted Sword Skills and OSS combos to have their own colour.

I solved the colour problem, go take a look at the top of this section cool-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862496. I don't think we should add too many colours to prevent it from being messed up (there are 12 now, but we don't have to use all of them). This should give us a bit more leeway :D.

That was fast, didn't expect to level up so soon. Luckily the Atelier Plus guide is for the vita, so:

• Vit+1
  • Mag+1
  • SPR+1
  • SPD+2

I entirely forgot to update for this one. Sorry!

VIT increased to 12!

MAG increased to 14!

SPR increased to 14!

SPD increased to 15!

VIT (Vita games - how many guides we'll be able to make for Vita games; default 0 since there are 0 Vita games) - currently at 12 somehow OVER MAX

DEF (Definitive Edition Trophy Guides - how many guides for games with "Definitive Edition" in the name we could potentially make) - currently at 7 MAX

CON (Concert - how many times we can act in concert/work together to collaborate on guides) - currently at 14

ACC (Accuracy - how accurate our guide information can be) - currently at 14

STR (Strategy - how detailed and in-depth the guide information can be) - currently at 14

MAG (Magnificence - how high the quality of our guides can be) - currently at 14

SPR (Sprucing - how grammatically correct, organized, etc our guides can be) - currently at 14

SPD (Speed - how high the speed of our guide output can be; Note: should be equally balanced with at least Acc, Mag, and Spr as often as possible to avoid being sent back for revisions) - currently at 15

EVA (Evaluation - how high the effectiveness, speed, focus, and professionalism of the Guide Team can be) - currently at 255 MAX

LUCK (Luck - getting your guide attention from a lucky PlayStation + inclusion or other relevant occurence) - currently at 777 MAX but always does a RNGcheck