Manga Discussion Thread

Myers

So I was just curious if anyone was a manga fan on this site :)

I've only been reading manga off and on for about a year now so my list isn't very big, plus I've taken a couple 1-2 months long breaks from manga.

What I have read:

Death Note - great manga, highly recommend it

Dragon Ball - not as many fighting scenes as DBZ but it has some good comedy and just an overall great manga.

Dragon Ball Z - Definitely the best manga I've read. If you haven't read DB/DBZ yet, go do it.

What I'm currently reading:

Ao No Exorcist - it's pretty good, only 38 chapters or so out but it's worth a look into if you don't know what to read.

One Piece - I'm only on chapter 260 but I'm going to try to catch up to the most current chapter by January. Good manga

What I want to read:

Gantz

Naruto

Bleach

Battle Angel Alita

So feel free to post what you've read or just discuss your favorite manga :)

• Like 2

I've thought about making one off and on, especially a few months ago when I was a lot more active.

What's Princess Resurrection about?

i dont remember exactly, i read it about 5 years ago, and only read 2 volumes....

but from what i remember, it was about a vampire who saved a guys life and he became her servant, and they kill werewolves and other monsters. i need to read it again, since i believe its finished now.. or maybe even watch the anime...

I'm currently following some weeklies. Medaka Box, Zettai Karen Children and The World God Only Knows.

Monthlies I follow are Needless, Genshiken and Billy Bat.

And for things that are completed, re-reading Steel Ball Run.

Gantz is good if you turn your brain off, but only at some points because there are chapters that are completely pants-on-head retarded and Oku has gone full CGI quality. It looks like a mess in some chapters of the later arcs.

And if we are talking about "favorite manga ever"... I have a soft spot for YuYu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin and Slam Dunk. Jojo too of course.

• Like 1

Gantz is good if you turn your brain off, but only at some points because there are chapters that are completely pants-on-head retarded and Oku has gone full CGI quality. It looks like a mess in some chapters of the later arcs.

How exactly is it turn your brain off good?

How exactly is it turn your brain off good?

Well he's probably complaining about the story arc in Phase 2. I haven't gotten there yet, but I've heard a lot of hardcore fans complain that it's pretty damn weird.

Here are pics of my collection:

Gantz

books009.jpg

Gantz001.jpg

Gantz002.jpg

Gantz003.jpg

Gantz004.jpg

Gantz005.jpg

Gantz006.jpg

Black Butler

books013.jpg

books014.jpg

books015.jpg

Trigun Maximum

books010.jpg

books011.jpg

books012.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin

books026.jpg

books016.jpg

books017.jpg

books018.jpg

books019.jpg

books020.jpg

books021.jpg

books022.jpg

books023.jpg

books024.jpg

books025.jpg

• Like 1

Well he's probably complaining about the story arc in Phase 2. I haven't gotten there yet, but I've heard a lot of hardcore fans complain that it's pretty damn weird.

Here are pics of my collection:

Gantz

books009.jpg

Gantz001.jpg

Gantz002.jpg

Gantz003.jpg

Gantz004.jpg

Gantz005.jpg

Gantz006.jpg

Black Butler

books013.jpg

books014.jpg

books015.jpg

Trigun Maximum

books010.jpg

books011.jpg

books012.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin

books026.jpg

books016.jpg

books017.jpg

books018.jpg

books019.jpg

books020.jpg

books021.jpg

books022.jpg

books023.jpg

books024.jpg

books025.jpg

rurouni kenshin... SO OFF ORDER!!

Haven't watched much anime or read much manga recently. It's just that so much shit is released these days that it's impossible to find anything worthwhile to read or watch amongst all the trash. That said I recently reread the first Ghost in the Shell manga and I've also been reading Crossbone Gundam. In my opinion both are great.

Edited by Crimson-Cobalt
  • Like 2

I've read some DBZ vlumes, Yu Yu Hakusho, Blood: The Last Vampire 2000, Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac, Uzumaki, some Rurouni Kenshin Volumes, the first 26 or so Berserk volumes and some Inuyasha volumes. I'm also currently reading Naruto, Bleach and One Piece, plus everything that's been on the US' Shonen Jump for the past 2-3 years.

Also planning to read some D. Grey Man, Trigun/Trigun Maximum, Lupin the Third and others, but they're off-limits for now, since a friend won't let me borrow them.

Edited by Nagflar
  • Like 2

Also planning to read some D. Grey Man, Trigun/Trigun Maximum, Lupin the Third and others, but they're off-limits for now, since a friend won't let me borrow them.

I'd love to get some Lupin III too, but I always think of other manga when I'm buying :(

I'd love to get some Lupin III too, but I always think of other manga when I'm buying :(

Good thing for me I can just (hopefuly) borrow it :P . I'd also like to read NGE, but it seems it hasn't finished yet, plus I can't really remember most of the Anime (disgraceful, if you ask me!), not to mention I've got to buy Death Note someday.

I mostly like classics like Dragonball, Hokuto no Ken, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Berserk.

Vagabond has been my absolute favorite for many years now.

And the newest manga I bought are two issues of Asura's Wrath Kai, since I just finished the game.

Forgot I've read the first two volumes of Akira. Freaking amazing so far. Gotta watch that movie, too!

• Like 1

It's about a kid who learns to drift by delivering tofu. It's 90s awesomeness. :D

Isn't it at like chapter 700+? I thought about reading it but there were so many chapters, then later I decided to read One Piece which is near 700 chapters so my logic is obviously flawed :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Isn't it at like chapter 700+? I thought about reading it but there were so many chapters, then later I decided to read One Piece which is near 700 chapters so my logic is obviously flawed :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how long it is if it's awesome. Only problem would be all the money spent on buying all of the manga and all of the space it would take up. :(