Nioh Survey Results

Xionx

I was searching for Nioh because the Beta was now a while ago ! And i saw on Homepage the results of the Survey ! I was also giving some feedback  and im very positiv suprised they read it and they going to change some points: 

I was annoyed of the repair system (i was suggesting repairing on shrines without wetstone) , but it looks like many ppl complained so they removed durability (which isnt worst solution ... durability is stupid feature in games anyways)

here are the Results :  (copy from Nioh Homepage)

OVERALL
• Add tutorials regarding the game system.
• Adjust balance mainly in the opening sections to make battles fairer.
• Improve controls and camera system.
• Improve the understandability and usability of the UI.
• Improve graphic performance

DETAILS
■ Tutorials
• Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game actions.

■ Action & Controls
• Improve player & camera behavior during lock-on.
• Change the conditions under which the player character becomes unresponsive when the Ki Gauge is empty.
• Expand item shortcut slots.
• Revise the objects which require holding a button and the response to the hold input.
• Improve detection for the half-circle analog stick input.

■ Enemies
• Adjust attack and defense parameters of enemies.
• Revise enemy pursuit of the player.
• Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) for each enemy and attack.
• Adjust Revenant AI.

■ Level Design/Stages
• Improve exploration elements such as shortcuts, etc.
• Add hints to guide players to boss areas.
• Revise the display of objects that block the view of the player character.
• Adjust fire area damage.

■ UI
• Improve layout and displayed information.
• Adjust text size.
• When making an offering at a shrine, allow the player to perform all actions at once.

■ Online
• Improve online synchronization.
• Allow the host to use the Shrine menu during co-op play with a Visitor.
• Adjust the rate at which enemy parameters increase during co-op play.

■ Other
• Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
• Adjust the drop rate for equipment.
• Add a new control type.
• Implement a flow to allow players to exit a mission.
• Fix other bugs.
  • Like 2

• Add hints to guide players to boss areas.

Really? rofl 

They were quite easy to find if you explored and they even had shortcuts.

People find room to complain about anything in games like this.

OT: Glad to see they're so willing to listen to feedback, though.

Been waiting on this game for a while.

I really loved the game and how unfair it was at times. Unfortunately casuals and not fully well gamers will torn this game down to another easily accessible game, with no room for learning curves.

I'll wait for the beta to see how much they changed, I'll still get on launch, but sometimes I would love the developers to make their games like before and not change everything based on some below 18 years old that spam their twitter accounts

• Like 2

OT: Glad to see they're so willing to listen to feedback, though.

Not me. The developers should stick to their vision in most matters. Obviously, some things need to be fine-tuned, but that's all it should be - fine tuning.

I fully enjoyed my time during the Alpha on this game. The only thing i would want to be implemented is the ability to join a friend game. Other than that, i have no complains.

Double ugh. The "join your friend's game" stuff sinks Dark Souls.

All that being said, I am excited for this one..

I'll wait for the beta to see how much they changed, I'll still get on launch, but sometimes I would love the developers to make their games like before and not change everything based on some below 18 years old that spam their twitter accounts

You'd think we would learn the pointlessness of democratic referenda.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

I like improvements that make the game more intuitive and friendly, UI. controller inputs etc..., but I really hope they don't reduce the overall difficulty of the game.   it was hard, yeah, to begin with, but as with anything, practice and experience...    I enjoyed the demo, a lot, and it took me quite a few hours to finish it, but once I'd familiarity with the combat and various mechanics it all became a nice challenge that was still punishing but fair.

I guess I'll see when the Aug demo releases, but while some of that is welcome there are some points I'm concerned with too, the game doesn't need to be made easier, just polished here and there.

Edited by RedMustang72

I dont know why some ppl think it gets easier? there is a lot about accesibility and adjusting . Even hints were boss area is , is in my opinion nothing that it makes it easier to get  there.  !

Better control , camera , adjusting enemys , position of enemys , more ways to explore areas .... for me everytzhing that only improves the game without touching the difficulty !