Good Games w/ good value?

WOWJAREDISCOOL

What kinda games are you looking for? Driving, shooters, platformers, RPGS? Do they have to have trophies?

For driving games, I'd recommend Gran Turismo 5. It is one of the best games this generation (in my opinion) and has a multitude of driving assists to help the newer players learn the basics of racing on a circuit. The game is more geared towards simulation so if you don't like that style of driving game than don't bother with this one.

Give us a few genres you really like and we can give you some good suggestions.

Parker

What kinda games are you looking for? Driving, shooters, platformers, RPGS? Do they have to have trophies?

For driving games, I'd recommend Gran Turismo 5. It is one of the best games this generation (in my opinion) and has a multitude of driving assists to help the newer players learn the basics of racing on a circuit. The game is more geared towards simulation so if you don't like that style of driving game than don't bother with this one.

Give us a few genres you really like and we can give you some good suggestions.

Parker

I play plenty of genres, one of the things i will definitely steer clear of is puzzle. Genres i play are action, adventure, Shooters, RPG, Fighting, Sports, Arcade style and some platformers. Driving games are ok.

Trophies aren't a must, but are a plus.

Changed it, sorry for the confusion.

Edited by WOWJAREDISCOOL

I play plenty of genres, one of the things i will definitely steer clear of is puzzle. Action, adventure, Shooters, RPG, Fighting, Sports, Arcade style and some platformers. Driving games are ok.

Trophies aren't a must, but are a plus.

not to knit pick here but you just eliminated like 90% of all games. Gran Turismo 5 XL edition is 20$ brand new

I think he meant those other genres are ones he likes. Hence the period and saying "one" of the genres. ;)

yeah you are right my bad in that case get dragon age: origins ultimate edition you can get it used for 15$ and all the DLC is on disc so no worrying about getting the game and not getting the dlc

Well, there's a lot. It mostly depends on what genres you like.

If you like brawlers, God of War 3 of any of the two HD collections can be got for cheap but they might not last you very long. Alternately there's Bayonetta and the Devil May Cry HD collection (if you can find it for ~$20 that's 3 games for you there). If you enjoy pulling your hair out there's also Ninja Gaiden Sigma (no trophy support though).

If you like third-person shooters there's Uncharted 1 and 2 (U3 might still be more than 20 bucks), Resident Evil 5, and the Dead Space games. If FPS is more your style Bioshock 1 and 2 are both very good games and dirt cheap.

If you like JRPGs you can probably find Final Fantasy 13 or 13-2 for under 20 bucks. If you prefer western style RPGs there's Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 2, or the Fallout games (warning: they run like crap on the PS3). Demon's Souls/Dark Souls are kind of in the middle, but they're not for everyone.

If you like open-world games, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Red Dead Redemption are both very good games you can find for cheap nowadays.

Other good and cheap misc. games: Batman Arkham Asylum, Metal Gear Solid 4, Assassin's Creed 2.

Not sure about over there in the States (I assume they'd be the same though) In AU it's easy to find games such as:

Red Dead Redemption

Grand Theft Auto IV

Infamous

Mafia II

Mass Effect 2

Assassin's Creed II + Brotherhood

Vanquish

Not sure about over there in the States (I assume they'd be the same though) In AU it's easy to find games such as:

Red Dead Redemption

Grand Theft Auto IV

Infamous

Mafia II

Mass Effect 2

Assassin's Creed II + Brotherhood

Vanquish

I've heard about Vanquish before, apparently it's good, what genre is that?

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes aka Slaughter Ahoy (Classic Game Room review :P )

Only $20, at least when I got it, and tons of different stories with each different character, and branching paths (I think you start with 10 characters, and then unlock 10 more? I'm still at 1% completion, and I've poured probably 5-10 hours into it, just to give you an idea)

Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes aka Slaughter Ahoy (Classic Game Room review :P )

Only $20, at least when I got it, and tons of different stories with each different character, and branching paths (I think you start with 10 characters, and then unlock 10 more? I'm still at 1% completion, and I've poured probably 5-10 hours into it, just to give you an idea)

What is that game?