PS VITA Newb

ClearVHS

OP is also a plus member so getting a vita justifies the subscription even more.

Hopefully you bought the PSV games even though you didn't own one at the time ;)

What this guy said. If you were thinking ahead and grabbed every game on PS+ since they started giving away Vita games, you'll have some great games already, including my personal favorite Gravity Rush. IIRC there was a time when you couldn't "buy" the PS+ games using the webstore (as opposed to the console itself, where the Vita version completely sucks), but I can't remember for sure. Anyway, it's worked great for quite some time now and there were some great games given away. Now it's mostly PSP games but there are some gems there too (Valkyria Chronicles 2, I'm looking at you), just no trophies. 

There are some great game recommendations here, I can't really add anything there. I will throw in an additional vote for the Hyperdimension Neptunia series though. :) The Rebirth series is awesome, and the spinoffs are mostly pretty fun too. Everybody says Persona 4 Golden, but sadly I got stuck on a mid-game boss and can't seem to get past that rut (it would probably help if I learned to play the game like a pro with things like fusing Personas instead of just trying to power my way through the combat). It's sad too, because I started playing FE# on Wii U and was reminded how much I liked the Persona-style combat. Hopefully I'll finish it someday. 

A good case is a must and screen protectors are a good idea as others have said. I see a lot of recommendations for grips, which I haven't personally tried. Is there a particular kind that stands above the rest for medium-to-large size hands? Personally I was holding out for the Japan-only R2/L2 grips to make Remote Play better and double as grips. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

When was this? 

Since I started my PSN account 3 years ago, I could always pick PS+ games through PC store

Well I got my PS3 back in August 2012 (yes I had to search my Gmail to find the order date), and I've had PS+ ever since that time. I got my first Vita in November 2012, right when PS+ freebies started for it. I got my PS4 at launch. The issue I noticed could have been some time during the year between me getting Plus and you getting Plus. Or it could have been a browser issue. I know I've encountered an intermittent issue several times over the years where the webstore won't let me log in (and thus I can't buy or redeem games) but the console store is usually fine during that time. 

My memory is fuzzy though, I can't honestly remember if I missed out on any games due to the store acting up. Based on my purchase dates, I always had the relevant console available to use its store if the PC one wasn't working (except for not having the PS3 when PS+ freebies started, but I didn't have PS+ then either so couldn't have gotten them anyway). IIRC, Sony did a major redesign of the PS3 store shortly after I got it, and I think the PSN web store launched around the same time. I bet that was when I had problems with it, maybe redeeming free PS+ games didn't work right out of the gate? 

Well I got my PS3 back in August 2012 (yes I had to search my Gmail to find the order date), and I've had PS+ ever since that time. I got my first Vita in November 2012, right when PS+ freebies started for it. I got my PS4 at launch. The issue I noticed could have been some time during the year between me getting Plus and you getting Plus. Or it could have been a browser issue. I know I've encountered an intermittent issue several times over the years where the webstore won't let me log in (and thus I can't buy or redeem games) but the console store is usually fine during that time. 

I got Plus immediately after creating the account (4.4.2013) because April 2013 had Virtue's Last Reward on Plus :awesome:

So... they must have started allowing that in 2013?

We can do it since the beginning.

I didn't got my Vita when I suscribed in July 2010, but bought all the games for all the platforms.

I guess it was a browser or account issue for me then, unless it only happened for the US version of the store (your profile says France and I'm in the US). Which is good, that means even less excuses for people to get free games before getting a Vita, although the great games are less common on PS+ now. 

I did check the Wikipedia page on the Instant Game Collection (it at least seems to be correct), and I didn't see any games on there that I did not "buy" on PS+ from the time I got my PS3. Except for the games I bought before they became free. :P Seriously though, I don't mind those. PS+ is a good value even without nonstop AAA games so I don't mind already owning the games sometimes. Anyway, when I had trouble with the webstore in the past, obviously I was able to get them from the console store since I didn't miss any. Which isn't a big deal, except for the crappy Vita store that times out at least 50% of the time for me (and when it does work, it's not great; e.g. sometimes not showing the Download button for games I own, and other weird quirks). I don't understand how the Vita can have such a great Trophies app (it's my favorite between PS3, Vita, and PS4; I often use it to take screenshots of trophies even for PS4 games) and a decent Settings app, and have such a crappy Store app. 

I got Plus immediately after creating the account (4.4.2013) because April 2013 had Virtue's Last Reward on Plus  :awesome:

So... they must have started allowing that in 2013?

Ah, back when Sony was giving away awesome Vita games. I still have Soul Sacrifice installed (partly because SOMEDAY I plan to Plat the game if I can ever beat the 2 late-stage Avalon pacts that ramp up difficulty exponentially), and it's hard to believe we once got Uncharted, Gravity Rush, VLR, Soul Sacrifice, Ninja Gaiden, Wipeout, Disgaea, Rayman, and Sly Cooper. The closest we got to a AAA game recently was Grim Fandango, which of course I already had since I'm nostalgic for those old LucasArts games. At least we still get some great indie games (SOME of them are great, but then not every AAA game is a winner either). 

although the great games are less common on PS+ now. 

You can omit this. There aren't even games for Vita on PS+ now.

Ah, back when Sony was giving away awesome Vita games. I still have Soul Sacrifice installed (partly because SOMEDAY I plan to Plat the game if I can ever beat the 2 late-stage Avalon pacts that ramp up difficulty exponentially), 

Sure, those pacts were a bit annoying, but nothing that cannot be done ;) You can use MP if you really have problems.

They are perfectly doable solo, though :)

You can omit this. There aren't even games for Vita on PS+ now.

True enough, for the most part.

Sure, those pacts were a bit annoying, but nothing that cannot be done ;) You can use MP if you really have problems.

They are perfectly doable solo, though :)

I tried the dual Illecebra mission using the vacuum trap trick from Youtube, and it didn't help much. I still died in about 10 seconds, with or without AI help.

And I did try MP but it's hard finding a game, and the one time I did, the game disconnected pretty quickly.

Most likely my main problem is not having a good "build" for my character. I tried it on the full Sacrifice/Chaos end and I got killed before I could deal much damage. Then when I dropped some levels to get more health (from leveling up the "Save" side more than once), I got the same results. But I probably need better equipment too.

At this point I have all but decided that I might as well move on to SS Delta and give up on the first game. Those last few pacts are the only thing standing between me and the Plat, and I have to do the dual Illecrebas TWICE to open both paths, and there is another nasty one with two flying enemies (I forget which pact) that is blocking most of that mission set as well.

Exception confirming the rule :awesome:

They someone found out no one would play this without giving it on Plus xD

Ha, I actually bought Oreshika the last time it was on sale, shortly before it became free. As I said before, I don't mind occasionally paying for games before they become free, but in many cases (including this one), I have such a long backlog that I bought it to play later, and it became free before I even started it. :)

I tried the dual Illecebra mission using the vacuum trap trick from Youtube, and it didn't help much. I still died in about 10 seconds, with or without AI help.

Don't give up after only trying it once or twice  ;)

I did it exactly according to the trick =D Sure, it may take 10-20 attempts, but it's doable =) Plus, you either die or win within 10 seconds so it's not even that long :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Don't give up after only trying it once or twice  ;)

I did it exactly according to the trick =D Sure, it may take 10-20 attempts, but it's doable =) Plus, you either die or win within 10 seconds so it's not even that long :D

Once or twice? I tried it at least a few dozen times. The Illecrebas are getting hit by the "bombs" (well at least some of the time, most of my attempts the trick doesn't even work), they just aren't doing enough damage. Hell, I even leveled them up using the duplicate glitch and it didn't help. I think the best I've ever done is get them down to Yellow health before dying shortly afterwards.

Once or twice? I tried it at least a few dozen times. The Illecrebas are getting hit by the "bombs" (well at least some of the time, most of my attempts the trick doesn't even work), they just aren't doing enough damage. Hell, I even leveled them up using the duplicate glitch and it didn't help. I think the best I've ever done is get them down to Yellow health before dying shortly afterwards.

And do you have the 150% Attack + 1HP Sigil equipped?

Setting up 4 + 4 bombs and then sucking the Bras into it should kill at least one.

And do you have the 150% Attack + 1HP Sigil equipped?

Setting up 4 + 4 bombs and then sucking the Bras into it should kill at least one.

Good question. I posted a new topic to not derail this thread. Short answer, no I don't have that Sigil much less have it equipped. I tried doing it with a 70% damage increase Sigil with poor results. 

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/40183-tipsonline-help-needed/