Dragon Kill count not increasing

Kyl542

So today i reached Neverdead Graveyard and got the quest(daily/repetable) where i had to kill the dragon Charthraxis . I waited few mins for it to appear and i started hitting the dragon with full health. As we have all defeated the dragon, i went to turn in quest and got some rewards. Now the problem is the dragon kill count in my journal is still 0. Is this glitched in the journal? 

Do i need to be in a party to get the kill?

Do i need to be the one who lands the final kill blow on the dragon to get the kill?

P.S i tried like 5 times and never got the kill count or the trophy, i did them all w/o being in a party and all of them from start to finish.

Edited by Kyl542

If dragon hp is less than 50% when you hit him, it will not count

as i said in the post i started the battle with the dragon from start to finish. meaning his health was 100% when i starting damaging him.

It's really annoying and i might even give up on the platinum if this keeps up

as i said in the post i started the battle with the dragon from start to finish. meaning his health was 100% when i starting damaging him.

It's really annoying and i might even give up on the platinum if this keeps up

As Kallume said, it's a easy way to get it :) I know, I wrote it. I don't see it getting patched soon because it's still doable on Xbox according to a few of my buddies on there!

I noticed this being a little buggy, too.  I didn't get credit for a dragon kill following the black dragon skirmish in pirate's skyhold (or whatever it's called).  I did get credit for 3/3 kills on that Neverdeath dragon.  

do you mean that the 3/3 kills were from a quest? that's what happening to me also, quest kills are being counted but journal/trophy kills are not.

It's either a bug, or you have to deal the final kill damage to the dragon (you or any of your party members). I only got 1 so far according to the journal, and im sure as hell i killed an event dragon like 15times by now (not the same dragon mind you)

do you mean that the 3/3 kills were from a quest? that's what happening to me also, quest kills are being counted but journal/trophy kills are not.

It's either a bug, or you have to deal the final kill damage to the dragon (you or any of your party members). I only got 1 so far according to the journal, and im sure as hell i killed an event dragon like 15times by now (not the same dragon mind you)

No, I mean I killed the Neverdeath dragon 3 times and got credit for all 3.  I had the daily quest twice and just did it without realizing what it was once (the first time). I then did the skirmish for the black dragon on Pirate's Skyhold and did NOT get credit in my journal for a dragon kill.  Today I killed the dragon in Ebon Downs for daily and got credit.  So, I have killed 5 so far and have 4 in my journal.  For whatever reason the black dragon skirmish didn't count for me.

Also, I am healing DC so I'm definitely not doing the most damage or getting the final blow, so it's not that.  I also haven't been in a group for any of the world dragons, just fought alongside whoever was around.  Not sure if that is what made a difference in the skirmish (where I WAS in a group).

Edited by Time4Tiddy

• 2 weeks later...