Dead Rising 4's campaign won't have a time limit

XInactiveAccountX

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-dead-rising-4s-campaign-ditches-the-series-mos/1100-6442760/

Unlike Dead Rising 1, 2, and 3, DR4 will give you an unlimited amount of time to complete the main campaign. There will not be a 72 hour timer staring at you while you play, and you are at liberty to do whatever you want. You won't have to scurry about the map for weapons and health items, and you won't have to rush toward main objectives for fear of getting a 'game-over/worst ending'. Objectively, this is fantastic for those that will want to pick up the game and have fun with it straight away, without the need to unlock 'Unlimited Mode' by beating the game. You'll be able to explore and take on hordes of zombies freely, and complete the campaign at your own leisure.

Personally? I always liked the 72 hour campaign, and think it is a trademark of the series. As annoying as time limits are, I sorta appreciated being forced to complete everything on a clock, as there are multiple plots within the campaigns centered around time-sensitive tasks (give this person a cure to the disease, or reach 'this person' before they are murdered). I'm thinking that the game will still feature some sort of challenge mode, such as seeing how long you can survive in the game world while your health depletes from hunger (you don't get 'hungry' in the campaign). That way, both casual gamers and the hardcore will be satisfied.

When the game comes out (a year?) after the Xbox One version, I'll be eager to play it right away.

• Like 1

Good. Time limits are cancer.

EDIT: Why is this in Unreleased Games for PS4? This game is never coming to PS4. This needs to be under Consoles general.

It is coming to PS4. It's just Dead Rising 4 will be timed exclusive on the Xbone for a year, while I think the PC (Windows ver.) gets a release months after the Xbone's release, and on PS4, it'll release one year later after the timed exclusive contract expires. So they're pulling another Rise of the Tomb Raider here.

OP: Ehhh? Well, that's sorta disappointing in my opinion. But seeing as how Dead Rising 4 looks and plays like, I guess that's for the best? I dunno, i liked the tension as to how the time limit functioned. I liked how it built the ending experiences that you could unlock in your own playthrough, and of course, how your playthrough could be varied differently as to whether you rushed or took your time under the time limit. With the time limit, I liked seeing how players have gathered their own different kind of weapons and items that they found when they dared to risk go exploring on their own while they had a time limit to be cautious on about, and whether or not they decided to go after side-missions in where you could save survivors, defeat psychopaths, completing side-missions to gain more PP, etc.

Story-wise, I enjoyed how the time limit were implemented, as it makes you feel like you really need to survive before a rescue team comes to aid, or that if you need to quickly solves things before you have the military drop a bomb and blow up the whole mall you're in, city, town, etc. That, and solving cases so you can know how the outbreak was caused, and if there's anything you can do about it too.

But when we had time limits, they were there for plot reasons, so maybe in Dead Rising 4 there won't be a threat that has you to conclude things in just a specific matter of time, ooorrr they just simply removed the time limit so people wouldn't be so stressed out, making them not enjoy the game quite as much, and not have them be able to do what they freely want to do due to time restriction. I'm  a bit disappointed with how there won't be a time limit implemented, but eh, yeah, at least we won't be as restricted as in the previous games on the first playthrough.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r
  • Like 1

Good. Time limits are cancer.

EDIT: Why is this in Unreleased Games for PS4? This game is never coming to PS4. This needs to be under Consoles general.

DR4 is already confirmed to be timed exclusive for Xbox One and PC, and its expected to come to other consoles 1 year after the XB1 release. And I say "other consoles" since that's how they say it, but there's a 99.9% possibility they meant PS4.

Edited by Gevirein

It is coming to PS4. It's just Dead Rising 4 will be timed exclusive on the Xbone for a year, while I think the PC (Windows ver.) gets a release months later, and on PS4, it'll release one year later after the timed exclusivity expires. So they're pulling another Rise of the Tomb Raider here.

Ah, I see. Then they need to just go ahead and port DR3. It's utterly retarded to have DR1, 2 and 4 on PS3/4 and not have 3.

Ah, I see. Then they need to just go ahead and port DR3. It's utterly retarded to have DR1, 2 and 4 on PS3/4 and not have 3.

Capcom said they don't have any plans to port DR3 to PS4 at the moment. You need to start reading more news lol

They said the same thing about DR1 originally and here we'll have it on PS4 more than 10 years later, so it'll probably take a very long time before we could see the third game on a PlayStation console.

It's retarded, but Microsoft is the only one to blame if we don't get it. Capcom obviously wants to make a port of it for the most popular console of this gen, the PS4.

Edited by Gevirein

Capcom said they don't have any plans to port DR3 to PS4 at the moment. You need to start reading more news lol

They said the same thing about DR1 originally and here we'll have it on PS4 more than 10 years later, so it'll probably take a very long time before we could see the third game on a PlayStation console.

I read the news D=

Sometimes...

EDIT: Microsoft is run by dick munchers

Edited by Rin Kagamine

It's retarded, but Microsoft is the only one to blame if we don't get it. Capcom obviously wants to make a port of it for the most popular console of this gen, the PS4.

Yeah, but Dead Rising 1 was never published exclusively by Microsoft, actually. So there was always a chance, especially when seeing that the game got a remaster port onto the Wii, and there supposedly being an iOS ver. of the game. Although I honestly thought that the game would never come to a Playstation platform. But it finally will. Meanwhile, Dead Rising 3, at least the Xbone ver., is published exclusively by Microsoft. Don't think we'll ever get Dead Rising 3 on PS4. I myself don't mind, wasn't really fond of Dead Rising 3. Liked the main protagonist a lot though, and liked how you could combine weapons at any time, rather than having to run off to a tool bench just to combine weapons. But I guess in Dead Rising 3 it makes more sense as to why it was finally made that way, since Nick is a mechanic. And I also enjoyed seeing as how there were lots and lots of zombies on-screen. But aside these, I was honestly disappointed by the game.

Yeah, but Dead Rising 1 was never published exclusively by Microsoft, actually. So there was always a chance, especially when seeing that the game got a remaster port onto the Wii, and there supposedly being an iOS ver. of the game. Although I honestly thought that the game would never come to a Playstation platform. But it finally will. Meanwhile, Dead Rising 3, at least the Xbone ver., is published exclusively by Microsoft. Don't think we'll ever get Dead Rising 3 on PS4. I myself don't mind, wasn't really fond of Dead Rising 3. Liked the main protagonist a lot though, and liked how you could combine weapons at any time, rather than having to run off to a tool bench just to combine weapons. But I guess in Dead Rising 3 it makes more sense as to why it was finally made that way, since Nick is a mechanic. And I also enjoyed seeing as how there were lots and lots of zombies on-screen. But aside these, I was honestly disappointed by the game.

From what I read the PC version was published by Capcom or something like that, right? so there should be at least one possibility we could see it at some point. They also own the IP from what I recall.

The Wii version was more of a remake rather than a "port remaster", seeing how it drastically changed from the X360 version, gameplay and storywise.

Edited by Gevirein

I read the news D=

Sometimes...

EDIT: Microsoft is run by dick munchers

Lol, Sony introduce 2 year exclusives with Destiny today, I doubt MS are the bad guys.

D3 isn't that good so you ain't missing out on much.

From what I read the PC version was published by Capcom or something like that, right? so there should be at least one possibility we could see it at some point. They also own the IP from what I recall.

Yeah, it was. Which is why I'm confused about this ordeal. Me, I don't care whether Dead Rising 3 comes to PS4 or not. But it does matter if it does, since Playstation at one point will have most of the Dead Rising games, but not Dead Rising 3? And there's the prequel and sequel standalone DLC for Dead Rising 2, but I think these will only stay exclusive to Xbox 360. Unless they're also on PC. But yeah, Capcom owns the IP, not Microsoft, so no idea if they'll be able to do something with Dead Rising 3 later in the future. Dead Rising 3 is almost it's whole sole game, uuuuntil you do play the game for the plot, and of course, do realize the game does stick with the other games, story-wise.

Lol, Sony introduce 2 year exclusives with Destiny today, I doubt MS are the bad guys.

D3 isn't that good so you ain't missing out on much.

Sony isn't perfect, but Microsoft is way worse. FFS they tried to force players to pay for access to FFXIV, IN ADDITION to the base cost of the game AND Square's subscription. Then there's the whole banning players left and right for no reason.

Sony isn't God, but Microsoft is most certainly the devil.

Yeah, it was. Which is why I'm confused about this ordeal. Me, I don't care whether Dead Rising 3 comes to PS4 or not. But it does matter if it does, since Playstation at one point will have most of the Dead Rising games, but not Dead Rising 3? And there's the prequel and sequel standalone DLC for Dead Rising 2, but I think these will only stay exclusive to Xbox 360. Unless they're also on PC. But yeah, Capcom owns the IP, not Microsoft, so no idea if they'll be able to do something with Dead Rising 3 later in the future. Dead Rising 3 is almost it's whole sole game, uuuuntil you do play the game for the plot, and of course, do realize the game does stick with the other games, story-wise.

I think the words "We don't have plans to port DR3 at the moment on PS4 " said by Capcom makes a difference, meaning a similar DR1 situation could happen with DR3. Otherwise they should have said "We won't port DR3 to PS4", meaning it would be a definitive decision.

Also the Wii version of DR1 was more of a remake rather than a "port remaster", seeing how it drastically changed from the X360 version, gameplay and storywise.

The "DLCs" of DR2 are exclusive to X360, they aren't available on PC either.

I watched some DR3 gameplay and yeah it doesn't look that good, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to play the whole franchise to get the full story and don't miss out on any entry.
Edited by Gevirein

I think the words "We don't have plans to port DR3 at the moment on PS4 " said by Capcom makes a difference, meaning a similar DR1 situation could happen with DR3. Otherwise they should have said "We won't port DR3 to PS4", meaning it would be a definitive decision.

Also the Wii version of DR1 was more of a remake rather than a "port remaster", seeing how it drastically changed from the X360 version, gameplay and storywise.

The "DLCs" of DR2 are exclusive to X360, they aren't available on PC either.

I watched some DR3 gameplay and yeah it doesn't look that good, but I'm the kind of guy who likes to play the whole franchise to get the full story and don't miss out on any entry.

Oh, my bad, I meant port remake, not remaster :facepalm: Some people say they prefer Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop than the original game, but eh, Chop Till You Drop doesn't look that appealing to me.

And when Capcom says they don't have plans at the moment, yeah, there's a slight chance that they are considering putting DR3 onto the PS4. But then there's also the chance in where they will simply conclude into not adding the game onto the PS4, which would be a shame if that's the case. And shame that the standalone DLC for Dead Rising 2 will be only exclusive to the Xbox 360. I never got to play Case Zero and Case West. I wonder if you can play them via backwards compatibility on the Xbone.

I myself did complete DR3, but I'd be willing to get it on PS4 and give it another try if we obviously got like a Complete Edition, with all of its DLC, since I never got to play the DLC. But I guess I also don't like owning almost every game on a specific platform, while I own or have played the missing game on another platform. In this case, I'll be having every Dead Rising game on the Playstation, except for DR3 of course.

But Xbox users can still play Destiny right? meanwhile PS users can't play Dead Rising 3, I think there's a big difference.

What?

Don't do this. Making something exclusive even though Bungie told Xbox owners it should come around least fall 16 is worst. DR3 funding was paid for by MS (apparently) so I can deal with DR3 being console exclusive. Destiny on the other hand was made for Xbox in mind but Sony stepped in to actively take away dlce a year (now two years). Even in seventh generation, MS only did timed dlc for 3 months max.

Sony isn't perfect, but Microsoft is way worse. FFS they tried to force players to pay for access to FFXIV, IN ADDITION to the base cost of the game AND Square's subscription. Then there's the whole banning players left and right for no reason.

Sony isn't God, but Microsoft is most certainly the devil.

No, I think you just have irrational hate for MS like a lot of people do. In Sony winning this generation they have done:

• Make DLC timed for a year.
  • Not allow existing PS2 games have an upgrade program.
  • People are being banned for doing charge backs because they have been hacked.
  • In the end, Sony is the one focusing on a TV and Streaming service.
  • Making Spotify an exclusive app (Just like MS did with Netflix, I think).
  • Locking the PS4 multi-player behind Plus (I don't mind but it's still sucks).

I don't even want to go on. MS are crap sometimes and I agree on that but next too Sony, they're angels this generation.

Edited by FlareXV

Oh, my bad, I meant port remake, not remaster :facepalm: Some people say they prefer Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop than the original game, but eh, Chop Till You Drop doesn't look that appealing to me.

And when Capcom says they don't have plans at the moment, yeah, there's a slight chance that they are considering putting DR3 onto the PS4. But then there's also the chance in where they will simply conclude into not adding the game onto the PS4, which would be a shame if that's the case. And shame that the standalone DLC for Dead Rising 2 will be only exclusive to the Xbox 360. I never got to play Case Zero and Case West. I wonder if you can play them via backwards compatibility on the Xbone.

I myself did complete DR3, but I'd be willing to get it on PS4 and give it another try if we obviously got like a Complete Edition, with all of its DLC, since I never got to play the DLC. But I guess I also don't like owning almost every game on a specific platform, while I own or have played the missing game on another platform. In this case, I'll be having every Dead Rising game on the Playstation, except for DR3 of course.

Yeah but nearly all the comments I read about the Wii version they said its a very inferior product compared to the original X360's release.

And apparently it is from what I read about it: its not timed, all the locations are limited so its not open world/sandbox anymore, some characters doesn't have as much screen time either, the story is a little shorter and it only has 1 ending as opposed to the 6 endings from the X360 version and its gameplay is a little bit limited too, but the over-the-shoulder camera makes it better.

Its a shame about Case Zero and West, giving that they are apparently canon to the main story right? we get a non-canon entry like Off the Record but we don't get the canon ones lol

What?

Don't do this. Making something exclusive even though Bungie told Xbox owners it should come around least fall 16 is worst. DR3 funding was paid for by MS (apparently) so I can deal with DR3 being console exclusive. Destiny on the other hand was made for Xbox in mind but Sony stepped in to actively take away dlce a year (now two years). Even in seventh generation, MS only did timed dlc for 3 months max.

Since I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, like it seems you are apparently for some reason? I'm not going to keep wasting my time having a conversation with you since no matter what I say you'll still going to say that MS is the only good guy. So have a good day sir, and I hope MS has paid you well for your kind words and support towards them.

Since I'm not a Microsoft fanboy, like it seems you are apparently for some reason? I'm not going to keep wasting my time having a conversation with you since no matter what I say you'll still going to say that MS is the only good guy. So have a good day sir, and I hope MS has paid you well for your kind words and support towards them.

Wow, you now implied I'm a MS fan-boy. I don't blame you,how could I blame you? I never said MS was the good guys but hey.

What?

No, I think you just have irrational hate for MS like a lot of people do. In Sony winning this generation they have done:

• Make DLC timed for a year.
  • Not allow existing PS2 games have an upgrade program.
  • People are being banned for doing charge backs because they have been hacked.
  • In the end, Sony is the one focusing on a TV and Streaming service.
  • Making Spotify an exclusive app (Just like MS did with Netflix, I think).
  • Locking the PS4 multi-player behind Plus (I don't mind but it's still sucks).
I don't even want to go on. MS are crap sometimes and I agree on that but next too Sony, they're angels this generation.

Ok I'll give you this argument, but Netflix was never made exclusive. It can be enjoyed on every major console and PC.

Yeah but nearly all the comments I read about the Wii version they said its a very inferior product compared to the original X360's release.

And apparently it is from what I read about it: its not timed, all the locations are limited so its not open world/sandbox anymore, some characters doesn't have as much screen time either, the story is a little shorter and it only has 1 ending as opposed to the 6 endings from the X360 version and its gameplay is a little bit limited too, but the over-the-shoulder camera makes it better.

Its a shame about Case Zero and West, giving that they are apparently canon to the main story right? we get a non-canon entry like Off the Record but we don't get the canon ones lol

Yeah, cause Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop uses the same engine that Resident Evil 4 on Wii uses. But Chop Till You Drop doesn't appeal to me because there's no time limit (except in-missions, but they're just a score time limit, not a time limit that will fail you if you don't finish on time,) there's less zombies on-screen, like, they literally disappear if you are too far off a distance from them. Then the game mainly has you using guns rather than melee weapons. Hell, in the original game, mostly everything you can use as a weapon. But in the Wii ver., the game has you use guns mostly, and it's pretty hard to actually run outta ammo, and only use melee weapons as your only choice. Then the game replaces some awesome scenes in the original game that you could involve yourself with QTE's. Like the scene with the convicts... in the Wii ver., I think you can only kill them in QTE's. :/ And if it's true about there being only one ending, that's kinda rubbish imo. And I hear there's new types of enemies in the Wii ver. too, them being animals, like dogs and parrots, lol And for a Dead Rising game, I don't like the third-person shooter view.

Review of Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop:

Reviewer mainly plays ports of games, and reviews them. He's in favor of Chop Till You Drop, he prefers this one rather than the original. Yeah, the original can be hard and tedious, but that's what I liked about it. But even though I don't find the Wii ver. appealing, well, I never played it, so as whether I'd like it or not, I've no idea, as I probably will not get the chance to ever play.

And yeah, the standalone DLC for Dead Rising 2 are canon, the prequel shows us the events after Chuck is escaping an outbreak from Las Vegas with his daughter, while on the sequel Chuck teams up with Frank West to clear his name, and then to try find his way with the survivors he got separated by, including his daughter.