Dead Rising 4's campaign won't have a time limit

XInactiveAccountX

I never understood why people had such a big issue with the way time worked in the games. I'd understand if they wanted things to be more lenient, but getting rid of it entirely? Feels like they're taking out a big part of the game. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

• Like 3

I never understood why people had such a big issue with the way time worked in the games. I'd understand if they wanted things to be more lenient, but getting rid of it entirely? Feels like they're taking out a big part of the game. Maybe I'm over-thinking it.

I agree that it's like a staple of the game; the premise of each game is you have 3 days to crack the case of the zombie outbreak before your 'escape method' is gone forever. Maybe they'll have some kind of throwback to that like in a hardcore difficulty setting? 

I'm disappointed they removed the time limit. It made things interesting and gave everything a sense of urgency. It was fun planning my actions, trying to come up with the most time efficient route possible. The time limit IS Dead Rising. It's a shame they got rid of it just to appeal to a broader audience.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved DR3 and barely noticed any time limit, owning a xb1 will mean it doesn't matter to me whether Sony gets it or not though I hope it is multi plat since I'd doubt it's worth buying another console for. Mind you, the original xb1 is pretty cheap now.

What?

Don't do this. Making something exclusive even though Bungie told Xbox owners it should come around least fall 16 is worst. DR3 funding was paid for by MS (apparently) so I can deal with DR3 being console exclusive. Destiny on the other hand was made for Xbox in mind but Sony stepped in to actively take away dlce a year (now two years). Even in seventh generation, MS only did timed dlc for 3 months max.

No, I think you just have irrational hate for MS like a lot of people do. In Sony winning this generation they have done:

• Make DLC timed for a year.
  • Not allow existing PS2 games have an upgrade program.
  • People are being banned for doing charge backs because they have been hacked.
  • In the end, Sony is the one focusing on a TV and Streaming service.
  • Making Spotify an exclusive app (Just like MS did with Netflix, I think).
  • Locking the PS4 multi-player behind Plus (I don't mind but it's still sucks).
I don't even want to go on. MS are crap sometimes and I agree on that but next too Sony, they're angels this generation.

Not an MS fan. And I won't go back to their consoles at this point, but there are lots of skeletons in Sony's closet too (I still consider them to be the ones that pushed Sega off the cliff and out of the console business, but that's a conversation for another day and thread).

Sony took the high road at the start of this gen, and has done a great job of positioning themselves as the "good guys". 'For the gamers', right?

But they seem to be chasing MS down the rabbit hole, instead of continuing to innovate. Race to the bottom mentality.

But it should be possible to enjoy a product without be married to the company that makes it. I don't have to love everything Sony does to love my PS3/4/Vita. Nor do I have to hate MS if I don't have a XBox 1. Don't know why it has to be so black and white, right?

On topic, I don't blame console manufacturers for exclusives. I mean, you do what you can to get customers. I think more often than not exclusives fail, and hurt both the devs and the console holders (Tomb Raider). Devs could always say no, so they hold some of the blame for taking the deals.

I also think that the future loss of sales should be a deterrent. I won't typically play a game in a series where the previous entries weren't available on the console, unless it is a reboot. Would otherwise feel like watching season 3 of a TV show without watching seasons 1&2