Another trophy checklist? Yup, LucasV9991 just made one!

Lucas

UPDATE: 100% #36

Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves

Lb191d4.png

October 18th 2016

Finally finished Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves after starting it three years ago. I like the LittleBigPlanet series but this little stand-alone games was a whole lot different and not as much fun as the main series. I did all the trophies alone and that was a huge pain as it's a game designed specifically for at least 2 players. Got the last few trophies today after a quite few moments with lots of rage  xD.

Difficulty: 5.5/10

Enjoyment: 5.5/10 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, which games do you have in mind?

Well, Root Letter should be arriving either tomorrow or in 2 days from now so that's a first. I'm also really interested in Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate0 but I don't know whether I should watch the anime first or not. Of course Persona 5 will be added to the platinum collection (might even try to write a trophy guide for it if I'm fast enough and have enough time in February(/March)). I might also get Final Fantasy XV but I'm not so sure yet. I played the first few hours of FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS (my first Final Fantasy game) but I absolutely hated it. I might give FF another shot with XV. I'm also thinking of restarting Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch soon. And of course, I really want to play Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma too but I'm waiting till they finally announce 999 for the Vita as I want to play that first, before diving into its successors :).

• Like 1

Well, Root Letter should be arriving either tomorrow or in 2 days from now so that's a first. I'm also really interested in Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate0 but I don't know whether I should watch the anime first or not. Of course Persona 5 will be added to the platinum collection (might even try to write a trophy guide for it if I'm fast enough and have enough time in February(/March)). I might also get Final Fantasy XV but I'm not so sure yet. I played the first few hours of FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS (my first Final Fantasy game) but I absolutely hated it. I might give FF another shot with XV. I'm also thinking of restarting Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch soon. And of course, I really want to play Virtue's Last Reward and Zero Time Dilemma too but I'm waiting till they finally announce 999 for the Vita as I want to play that first, before diving into its successors :).

Nice, Root Letter is on my wishlist. I watched the anime first and still liked the game, which had a lot more content that wasn't in the anime. So I recommend to do that. I'm also planning to write a guide for Persona 5, want to team up? 

Shame on you for not playing a FF game before :P. Lightning Returns is the third game in the FF13 series, so you're missing lots of stuff. I'd recommend to play FF13 and FF13-2 first. If you like turn-based fights more, then FFX is another good one too. I didn't like Ni No Kuni at all, it was really predictable, childish, and the RNG was really hating me in that game.

VLR is a great game, try out Danganronpa too. It's from the same developer as the Zero Escape series.

• Like 1

I watched the anime first and still liked the game, which had a lot more content that wasn't in the anime. So I recommend to do that.

Flip a coin. Either you start with anime and then play VN which will show how brilliant the anime adaptation is but you will know the main plot or you can play VN and then watch anime to see how brilliant the anime adaptation is =D

Okay, thanks for your responses. I think I'll go with playing the game first then (even though you recommend otherwise, Dragon :P). I just found this thread and that pretty much answered my question ;).

I'm also planning to write a guide for Persona 5, want to team up? 

Sounds good to me. Are you also getting it on February 14th already?

Shame on you for not playing a FF game before :P. Lightning Returns is the third game in the FF13 series, so you're missing lots of stuff. I'd recommend to play FF13 and FF13-2 first. If you like turn-based fights more, then FFX is another good one too.

I definitely prefer turn-based fight so I might also look into FFX then :P.

I didn't like Ni No Kuni at all, it was really predictable, childish, and the RNG was really hating me in that game.

I only played the first few hours of the game and so far, I actually liked it. I just have to take my time to restart it and see whether I keep enjoying it or not.

VLR is a great game, try out Danganronpa too. It's from the same developer as the Zero Escape series.

Yeah, I heard. I just want to make sure I miss absolutely nothing so I want to somehow play 999 first. It only released on Nintendo DS and not in Europe so it's going to be a pretty expensive purchase if they aren't going to re-release it on any other platforms. I also looked into Danganronpa and I'm also somewhat interested in that. Trigger Happy Havoc is the first game in the series, right?

Yeah, I heard. I just want to make sure I miss absolutely nothing so I want to somehow play 999 first. It only released on Nintendo DS and not in Europe so it's going to be a pretty expensive purchase if they aren't going to re-release it on any other platforms.

More like impossible purchase ;)

We all know NInty and their region locking =D

Best way to play 999 if it's not released on Vita (it will be, don't worry) is to emulate on PC =)

I also looked into Danganronpa and I'm also somewhat interested in that. Trigger Happy Havoc is the first game in the series, right?

Yup, then Ultra Despair Girls and then D2.

Oh and avoid anime, Munakata kills the whole anime.

• Like 1

Not necessarily, I could always import an American Nintendo DS :P.

Best way to play 999 if it's not released on Vita (it will be, don't worry) is to emulate on PC =)

I don't believe you anymore after you said NORN9 would be in the IGC for next month :awesome:.

But yeah, I could do that. I just want them to announce it for Vita too so I can finally start playing the series and so I don't have to play 999 on PC ;).

Yup, then Ultra Despair Girls and then D2.

Oh and avoid anime, Munakata kills the whole anime.

Okay, good to know. Thanks.

Edited by LucasV9991

Okay, thanks for your responses. I think I'll go with playing the game first then (even though you recommend otherwise, Dragon :P). I just found this thread and that pretty much answered my question ;).

Sounds good to me. Are you also getting it on February 14th already?

I definitely prefer turn-based fight so I might also look into FFX then :P.

I only played the first few hours of the game and so far, I actually liked it. I just have to take my time to restart it and see whether I keep enjoying it or not.

Yeah, I heard. I just want to make sure I miss absolutely nothing so I want to somehow play 999 first. It only released on Nintendo DS and not in Europe so it's going to be a pretty expensive purchase if they aren't going to re-release it on any other platforms. I also looked into Danganronpa and I'm also somewhat interested in that. Trigger Happy Havoc is the first game in the series, right?

Ok, have fun with it :D.

Of course, I'm getting the PS3 version. 

Great, I liked FFX though getting the plat requires some grinding.

Lots of people praise the game, I'm one of the few exceptions that didn't like it (and that's coming from someone who likes RPG games the most out of all genres).

Fans have been asking for a Vita port of 999, so it may actually happen one day. Yeah Trigger Happy Havoc is the first. Ultra Despair Girls technically happens afterwards, but that more of a spin-off game. After Dangan 2 Goodbye Despair the conclusion to the Hope's Peak arc is only available as an anime adaptation. Those are Dangan 3 Future Arc and Dangan 3 Despair Arc. The way you're meant to watch this is first ep 1 Future, then ep 1 Despair, back to Future, then Despair again. When those are finished, there one final conclusion called Danganronpa 3 Hope's Arc.

• Like 1

Not necessarily, I could always import an American Nintendo DS :P.

There's no need to purchase an American DS or play the game via an emulator. Nintendo DS-games are region-free. Nintendo started to region-lock handheld games with the DSi which means that only DS-games which use DSi-features (e.g. Pokémon Black / White with the camera) are region-locked. 999 can be played on any DS or 3DS. The same applies for other games like Worlds Ends With You. ;)

EDIT: OMG, the use of that DS-abbreviation in this answer. x__x

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

There's no need to purchase an American DS or play the game via an emulator. Nintendo DS-games are region-free. Nintendo started to region-lock handheld games with the DSi which means that only DS-games which use DSi-features (e.g. Pokémon Black / White with the camera) are region-locked. 999 can be played on any DS or 3DS. The same applies for other games like Worlds Ends With You. ;)

NO WAY O.O DS was such an awesome console?!

How could such a beauty evolve into 3DS :/

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Of course, I'm getting the PS3 version.

Okay, cool. I'm getting the PS4 version but that probably won't be a problem if we're going to team up as the JP list for Persona 5 is a shared platform list so Europe will most likely get that as well I think.

Yeah Trigger Happy Havoc is the first. Ultra Despair Girls technically happens afterwards, but that more of a spin-off game. After Dangan 2 Goodbye Despair the conclusion to the Hope's Peak arc is only available as an anime adaptation. Those are Dangan 3 Future Arc and Dangan 3 Despair Arc. The way you're meant to watch this is first ep 1 Future, then ep 1 Despair, back to Future, then Despair again. When those are finished, there one final conclusion called Danganronpa 3 Hope's Arc.

Thanks for the elaborate clarification, I'll look in to it :).

Really? I didn't know that either. But still, I'd have to somehow get my hands on an American copy of 999 for the DS and even find a place where they still sell Nintendo DS handhelds :P.

Really? I didn't know that either. But still, I'd have to somehow get my hands on an American copy of 999 for the DS and even find a place where they still sell Nintendo DS handhelds :P.

Sure, I have three US-version (World Ends With You, Rune Factory 3, Chrono Trigger) and they all work fine on my PAL 3DS and DS.

About the game:

VGP: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/ds-all-products-c-54_381_385.html

Or try eBay.

But I guess it's better to wait for the obligatory Vita-version. :D

• Like 1

Okay, cool. I'm getting the PS4 version but that probably won't be a problem if we're going to team up as the JP list for Persona 5 is a shared platform list so Europe will most likely get that as well I think.

Ok, even if the lists were separate, creating a guide for the PS4 version would be my preference seeing how most people will get that version.

• Like 1

UPDATE: 100% #37

#37 Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition

Lda01d9.png

November 1st 2016

I bought this game on sale today as I thought it looked somewhat interesting. Both critic reviews and user reviews on PSN, Metacritic and Steam were pretty positive about this game so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I didn't like playing through it at all. I can see why people like it as the choices you make in the conversation effects the relationships between characters. Personally I thought the story was quite boring and a lot of things in the conversations between the characters were just too standard. This, combined with the fact that all you do is keep holding  :r2: while pressing  :square: and  :cross: didn't do it for me.

Easy trophies but that was mostly all there was to this game for me personally.

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 4/10

• Like 1