Game giveaway (puzzle version)

Hayades

Edit: The codes are gone but you can still try the puzzle if you want. The answer as been written a few posts down so be careful of spoilers.

Hi folks, I am giving away two games today, redeemable on NA psn, but you will have to earn them by solving a puzzle. The numbers and letters of the redeemable codes below have been changed. Use the hints I've provided to find their original forms. Good luck. (Please only use the code if you actually need the game, only take one code so that someone else as a chance and leave a comment when you take one so that I know it's gone)

Devil May Cry HD Collection - 48C5-P6PN-E1EO

Final Fight Double Impact     - 499F-O6P8-D1O4

Here are the hints you will need:

Minus 1 plus minus 1. 1 equals 1 and 1 equals A. 7890123...

(O in this puzzle is the letter O, not the number 0)

Edited by Hayades
  • Like 3

Hi folks, I am giving away two games today, redeemable on NA psn, but you will have to earn them by solving a puzzle. The numbers and letters of the redeemable codes below have been changed. Use the hints I've provided to find their original forms. Good luck. (Please only solve this if you really need the game, only take one code so that someone else as a chance and leave a comment when you take one so that I know it's gone)

Devil May Cry HD Collection - 48C5-P6PN-E1EO

Final Fight Double Impact     - 499F-O6P8-D1O4

Here are the hints you will need:

Minus 1 plus minus 1. 1 equals 1 and 1 equals A. 7890123...

(O in this puzzle is the letter O, not the number 0)

i already have devil may cry collection :)  but awesome idea :)

Now that both codes are taken can someone tell me how to solve it because I've been trying for 30 minutes and still can't figure it out.

First, treat the letters as numbers (for example, C is 3). Then, subtract 2 from every number and letter.

Nice, I got Devil May Cry HD Collection. Had fun solving the puzzle after lunch  :D  

I bet many got turned off after seeing they have to solve a puzzle to get the code. The hint kinda make the puzzle more confusing than it need to be.  :P 

Great job. And yea, I made it confusing on purpose. Wouldn't want to make it to easy lol. By the way, how long did it take you to solve it?

Thanks for the code. I just got Final Fight. It was a fun puzzle!

How long did it take you to find the answer?

Great job. And yea, I made it confusing on purpose. Wouldn't want to make it to easy lol. By the way, how long did it take you to solve it?

Around 15 mins, mainly because I got confused by the hints and didn't try the code immediately. I was also a bit worried that Sony will softban me if there are too many failed redeem attempts (I tried some code I found on other sites also but non of them worked)  :lol:

In the end I only had to try twice and got the game.

• Like 1

How long did it take you to find the answer?

It took about 11 minutes and 7 tries. It took 5 tries to realized that the letters also needed to be changed and to stop changing 1 to A.

It took about 11 minutes and 7 tries. It took 5 tries to realized that the letters also needed to be changed and to stop changing 1 to A.

I see. I wonder if my second hint came across the way I wanted it to? I wanted to show that both the letters and numbers obey the same logic so that if you apply -2 to one, you can also apply it to the other.

I see. I wonder if my second hint came across the way I wanted it to? I wanted to show that both the letters and numbers obey the same logic so that if you apply -2 to one, you can also apply it to the other.

Well, it took me a few tries to realize it was -2 too. At first, I was checkerboarding -1 and +1.