We Play Velocity 2X

Anyone who wants to join, you may use the Velocity 2X sign up thread, until Friday 19th September when it will be closed. If you want to send an enquiry after that date, send me a PM or use this thread here. Anyone who invades this thread breaking this simple request will likely be added to my ignore list and effectively banned from all future playthroughs, this also includes anyone who puts spoilers in the thread, beyond the point we've played up to.

Im skipping the usual guidelines for this one, due to the nature of the game you technically could fly through this in a very short time so I won't be restricting slow players. I think it will be worthwhile to post any exceptional times or any high ranking scores you get on the leaderboard. If you're interested in joining the future threads we do of these which i promise will be busier than just use the general we play sticky thread.

Group members:

Participants:

1. Superbuu3
  2. audiopile
  3. jeandeve
  4. NullRay85

Checkpoint 1 - Reach Level 20 Tuesday 6th September

No need to stop here if you want to go beyond, but lets all try to get up to a certain point by then.

Checkpoint 2 - Reach Level 30 Friday 9th September

Edited by Superbuu3

I'm probably going to start this now so I'll post my progress. I'm adding you on my friends list audio so i can compare times, competition makes me play better lol.

I think I might pass on this one as it isn't my sort of game. Keep me informed going forward on future ones. Any good ideas in ind going forward, mainly so I don't start any of them?

MGS series is the only confirmed. I would however like to do Bloodborne. Some of the previous plus titles such as Limbo, Guacamelee and a few others a few people mentioned lord of shadows 2 as well. You can check the general thread for waht people have been talking about.

Couple of things so far.

I don't have good internet so I won't have many scores posted.

I absolutely hate the boost being R.

After 15 levels I'm hating this game in general. Wish I never started it.

Sorry lol.

I should have known that would be the case because any time a game involves a timer I get flustered and can't make decisions.

Couple of things so far.

I don't have good internet so I won't have many scores posted.

I absolutely hate the boost being R.

After 15 levels I'm hating this game in general. Wish I never started it.

Sorry lol.

I should have known that would be the case because any time a game involves a timer I get flustered and can't make decisions.

The space levels im finding ok its the running levels that are the problem. I keep pressing square when i'm supposed to slide which i think is making me lose precious time. Gonna try out ps4 and vita versions and see what i prefer.

I think i prefer the right stick weapon more than the guns due to the splash damage.

Whaaaa :o Leave my scores alone :(

I wish all your scores were up on the leaderboards then i'd have something to aim for.

Im definitely finding the running levels a struggle just got perfects on the first 10 stages and stage 10 had two running sections that was a pain, i did completely destroy the time on that, but the not dying bit meant i missed the perfect on attempted 1. Gonna have to work out how not to run into things that kill me on the running levels.

I think i prefer the right stick weapon more than the guns due to the splash damage.

I wish all your scores were up on the leaderboards then i'd have something to aim for.

Im definitely finding the running levels a struggle just got perfects on the first 10 stages and stage 10 had two running sections that was a pain, i did completely destroy the time on that, but the not dying bit meant i missed the perfect on attempted 1. Gonna have to work out how not to run into things that kill me on the running levels.

I really think the Platforming sections brought the game down ;( The bosses and Dual Ship levels were such great improvement though :)

I really think the Platforming sections brought the game down ;( The bosses and Dual Ship levels were such great improvement though :)

I really don't know what they were thinking with them on this one. I honestly would've been more than happy with more of the same in the second one with just purely the ship. Although that said i could see them turning this into a franchise taht would be pretty sick. I'm also confused as to how the bottom of the screen is a tangible thing to my spaceship, lol.

Haha I actually prefer the sides rolling platforming parts. I'm really having trouble with the controls and how they are different depending on if you are in or out of the ship.

I switched to another game and am still struggling so it might just be that kind of day.

I' having one of those days too, i was making a perfect run on level 14 then my vita battery died, i hope it paused immediately and i can still get the perfect.

I really don't know what they were thinking with them on this one. I honestly would've been more than happy with more of the same in the second one with just purely the ship. Although that said i could see them turning this into a franchise taht would be pretty sick. I'm also confused as to how the bottom of the screen is a tangible thing to my spaceship, lol.

I' having one of those days too, i was making a perfect run on level 14 then my vita battery died, i hope it paused immediately and i can still get the perfect.

Oh well. Like I said the Dual Ship levels make up for it. Seriously those are some of the most fun levels in the 2 games :D.

Hey wassup guys~

It seems I'm in that WP. So... let's do this. :^P

Count me in, Buu. I'll be downloading the game soon.

Thanks you guys are awesome, I think I've got perfects on the first 15 levels. I'm trying to perfect levels as I go while they're fresh in my mind, doubt i'll continue doing that on the harder ones if i get frustrated on certain levels. I certainly do enjoy this game though its really fun. Hopefully bonus levels arent too hard to find so far only found 1.

• Like 2

Ha! Platted this game back when it was released. Had real fun with it and I hope they make a sequel. I recommend playing this on the Vita as some of the latter levels are really hard and I couldn't perfect the last few levels using the analog sticks, so I had to use the touch screen to warp around. Good luck to y'all! ;)

Ha! Platted this game back when it was released. Had real fun with it and I hope they make a sequel. I recommend playing this on the Vita as some of the latter levels are really hard and I couldn't perfect the last few levels using the analog sticks, so I had to use the touch screen to warp around. Good luck to y'all! ;)

Thanks for the advice, I been playing on both and i did think the touch screen was a nice alternative to teleport with.

I've downloaded the game and it's DLCs. Finished the first five games so far.

Are there going to be checkpoints, Buu? There are 50 overall levels in the game, so if you want, we can do five checkpoint, each doing 10 levels.

Example:

Checkpoint 1 - Reach level 10

Checkpoint 2 - Reach level 20

Checkpoint 3 - Reach level 30

Checkpoint 4 - Reach level 40

Checkpoint 5 - Reach level 50

Edited by NullRay85
  • Like 1

I've downloaded the game and it's DLCs. Finished the first five games so far.

Are there going to be checkpoints, Buu? There are 50 overall levels in the game, so if you want, we can do five checkpoint, each doing 10 levels.

Example:

Checkpoint 1 - Reach level 10

Checkpoint 2 - Reach level 20

Checkpoint 3 - Reach level 30

Checkpoint 4 - Reach level 40

Checkpoint 5 - Reach level 50

That actually makes sense. We wont force people to not go beyond a certain point, but let's set some checkpoints to people are moving forward.

Checkpoint 1 - Reach Level 20 Tuesday 6th September

No need to stop here if you want to go beyond, but lets all try to get up to a certain point by then.

I'll set another one for Friday.

Checkpoint 2 - Reach Level 30 Friday 9th September

Again no pressure but lets try and keep a pace going reaching levels isn't all that hard the perfects are the hard part.

I've currently perfected up to level 25.  Although i just unlocked bonus level 10 and the only other bonus level i think i unlocked was 1 so i will have to do some replaying to find the others, which kinda sucks.

All right, reached checkpoint 2. Damn Buu, great scores!  :lol:

I've been also playing the last DLC of the game, and I have to say, I'm not a fan of it...

Haha its good to have healthy competition I should get to level 30 tonight. I do love this game despite some minor frustrations with the running sections. I really dislike these enemies i need to teleport through.

Checkpoint 3 - Reach Level 40 Monday 12th September

I'm sure people could likely finish the game this weekend if they wanted to so feel free to.

• Like 1