What a shitty year so far...

homleshobo

I have lost 3 friends one of them I considered a younger brother I had known him for over 20 years...my mother has had mutliple strokes had to have emergency bypass surgery and my significant other had a miss claridge...sorry i just wanted to to express or say something..it has beena tough time and year

I'm very sorry to hear all of what has happened to you. Obviously, you don't know me so this may mean very little to you or it may not be my place but I just wanted to say that sometimes it's what hurts us that builds us up. And keep in mind there is always a way. Your mother will get better, you can resolve the issues with your friends, don't give up just because you hit a wall. That wall can be broken, and more will keep being rebuilt in your way but you just need to remember to break them down every time. I'm very sorry about everything that's happened to you, we may not know each other so this probably isn't significant at all but if you ever need somebody to talk to I've been called quite the motivational speaker haha. I'm offering because, as you've mentioned, sometimes it's important to say something to somebody, sometimes it helps. So I'm here if that time ever presents itself. 

On behalf of everybody here on PSNProfiles, we would like to wish you a blessed rest of the year and hope that you stay safe in the coming holidays. 

• Like 2

At least you have a roof over your head. oh wait, nevermind. 

In all seriousness though, just remember that good times couldn't possibly exist without the bad.

(i.e. how could we fundamentally know if something is good unless we've already experienced something bad?)

Keep that chin up knowing that tides always change, listen to everything ddracarys already said, and escape into games (for temporary relief) if you need.

things always happen for a reason and in mysterious ways...if you've been dealt these cards it's because you can handle them and is part of your and the world's evolution...if it wasn't meant to be then it would be someway else...call it life experience if you wish...sometimes things happen to us that we don't quite understand till much later what the purpose of it all was...like attracts like so if you spend the rest of the year seeing all this through negative eyes you'll only find more negativity awaits...perhaps this is your path at this point in time, experience it to the fullest, you may need to draw on it in the future...if you're looking for ways to a higher road i would recommend finding small things to appreciate/be grateful for on a daily basis (could be as simple as a favorite song, a smile from a stranger, a stray cat crossing the street), reminding yourself of your life goals (but not worrying about how to achieve them) should you have any and what really matters to you...been in similar shoes...changed my perspective and mindset...haven't had to wear them again thankfully...sometimes you gotta wear them to outgrow them i think...all i got...

I don't believe in that cliche, "fucked up shit happens for a reason." Sometimes, I dare say most times, fucked up shit just happens. No damn reason behind it.

I'm with the OP here. I've had some really fucked up random findings in the last six weeks that have completely turned my life upside down. It isn't happening to somebody I love or know, it's happening to me.

I won't bum everyone out with the details, but let me just say, I feel you whole heartedly, shobo. I am trying to be positive though. I'm definitely feeling a WHOLE lot of love from friends and family members. I even had an ex, whom which we were together for 7 years and split up on good terms, come show me support today. That was a pleasant surprise. I had the whole in-law clan visit me today too. All I can hope for the OP is that you have a good support system in your life. I know it's helped me a lot during these dark days of mine.

I don't believe in that cliche, "fucked up shit happens for a reason." Sometimes, I dare say most times, fucked up shit just happens. No damn reason behind it.

I was gonna say the same thing. I used to be hardcore down on myself & life a long time ago because I used to believe "these bad things must mean something" when in actuality none of them really did. The moment I came to realize that I should just accept the good/bad things in life that I couldn't change, the happier I became.

• Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 9/5/2016 at 8:35 PM, homleshobo said:

I have lost 3 friends one of them I considered a younger brother I had known him for over 20 years...my mother has had mutliple strokes had to have emergency bypass surgery and my significant other had a miss claridge...sorry i just wanted to to express or say something..it has beena tough time and year

I haven't signed into PSNP in while, so I was going through my profile and saw this thread from a couple years ago, figured I would check in. I hope you are doing better and are in good health.

• Like 3