Playstation Allstars Battle Royal Beta

Sir_Bee

I could not find a post on this topic, and there isn't a specific thread for this game, so I figured I would post it here.

For anyone who is interested, the Beta opened yesterday for Plus and Vita owners, and opens to the rest of the public on October 23rd. Here is the article:

http://www.gamingexc...nching-tomorrow

If you're eagerly awaitingPlayStation All-Stars Battle Royaleand can't wait until its November 20th release date,Sony has some good news for you: PlayStation Plus members and Vita owners will get early access to the game's beta starting tomorrow (October 16th), and the rest of the world will get access October 23rd.

The caveat here is that it's only a limited beta, so people getting an early taste of the game will only have access to six characters (Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Killzone's Colonel Radec, Sly Cooper, PaRappa and Fat Princess) and two stages (Hades and Metropolis). Additionally, some of the game's online multiplayer functionality will be available in the beta, with players getting the option to take part in both four-player and 2 vs. 2 online tournaments. The latter will support friend invites.

Early players will also get a taste of how the game's cross-platform feature plays out; PASBR's beta will support Cross-Play, so Vita and PS3 owners will both be able to see what it's like playing with or against someone on either device. Considering the final product will be part of Sony's Cross-Buy promotion -- if you buy the PS3 version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, you get the Vita one as a free download -- this is probably going to be crucial to the game's online success.

PASBR's beta will run until October 30th. The game will hit North American shelves November 20th.

I was really excited about this game, but after going so long without hearing much about it, that excitement has started to dwindle. Maybe this beta can change that?

Edited by Sir_Bee

Honestly, SSBB had it right with the daily updates. I'm becoming less excited as well.

In regards to the beta, is it the same one as before? My friend got an invite to the beta a while back, and we share each other's accounts, so I was able to download it then. But for whatever reason, there was no online accessibility because they pulled the servers or whatever. Any guesses if I can use the same one?

Only next week I will try this game, but my list of having games is:

1. Tekken Hybrid (3 games for 39.99)
  2. Play Station All Stars Battle Royal
  3. WWE'13

There is a limited number of people that can get the beta? Because is my first time so I don't know nothing about this.

Edited by BrunoBomb

Played the beta and it's a fun game but it's the type of fun that you get bored after 1 week or max 1 month depending on how much you enjoy brawlers.

I got bored of Mortal Kombat after 2 months or so [still i play from time to time tough but with less excitement], so PSBR will not keep me interested more then 1 month.

But hey, that's my opinion and the fact that i'm getting older :))

Edited by JukedXD