Games disappearing from PS Store

Evertonian

Last year or so I have been trying to go through my played list and finish or at least do a decent portion of my PS3 titles that I just picked up the odd trophy on

So that means looking at the completion list on here then popping into the PS Store to add the next game that needs attacking to my download list as trawling through the purchase history on the store is not convenient as we all know.

However I have started noticing that quite a few of the things I want to regrab are no longer available on the store. Scrolling through the umpteen pages on my download history I can see that quite a few titles have no icon anymore and whilst I can still get the game again that way the title itself is no longer on the store. Its seems to be a bit of a worrying trend as that is only a step away from them being unavailable full stop.

Its not esoteric titles either. The plain Bioshock 2 (without the DLC) is not on there (yes the complete collection with the DLC is but not just the game). Narco Terror which I only bagged earlier this year is missing, along with the Nascar games just to mention a few.

Not sure if its just a store rejig or maybe this has always happened, but its not handy. As someone who has bought a lot of games and DLC and has been on plus since its inception, my list has 1648 items. Trawling through that each time is a pita especially as the order is scrambled everytime I renew the plus sub.

If they are going to remove access to games from the store then adding a search facility to the previous download list or a user defined way of sorting the list would become a necessity

• Like 1

Last year or so I have been trying to go through my played list and finish or at least do a decent portion of my PS3 titles that I just picked up the odd trophy on

So that means looking at the completion list on here then popping into the PS Store to add the next game that needs attacking to my download list as trawling through the purchase history on the store is not convenient as we all know.

However I have started noticing that quite a few of the things I want to regrab are no longer available on the store. Scrolling through the umpteen pages on my download history I can see that quite a few titles have no icon anymore and whilst I can still get the game again that way the title itself is no longer on the store. Its seems to be a bit of a worrying trend as that is only a step away from them being unavailable full stop.

Its not esoteric titles either. The plain Bioshock 2 (without the DLC) is not on there (yes the complete collection with the DLC is but not just the game). Narco Terror which I only bagged earlier this year is missing, along with the Nascar games just to mention a few.

Not sure if its just a store rejig or maybe this has always happened, but its not handy. As someone who has bought a lot of games and DLC and has been on plus since its inception, my list has 1648 items. Trawling through that each time is a pita especially as the order is scrambled everytime I renew the plus sub.

If they are going to remove access to games from the store then adding a search facility to the previous download list or a user defined way of sorting the list would become a necessity

Im almost at 5000 on my list, which includes vita, ps3 and ps4. When i just check the ps3 download history, it goes below 4000.

I don't add demos or videos on my list on purpose. But every free piece of dlc, no matter the game, gets added.

Just checked 4,853

Edited by bcks007

They said they were working on a search function for your download list like 3 years ago but nothing ever came out of it and never heard about it again.

A way of sorting the list is something that HAS to be done, trying to find something amongst 1700+ items is a nightmare, lol, there are heaps of games that I can't remember when/if I acquired them :/

Just remember every time you renew your psn, that moves a huge block of all games you have got for free on psn, to the date of renewal. 

Im almost at 5000 on my list, which includes vita, ps3 and ps4. When i just check the ps3 download history, it goes below 4000.

I don't add demos or videos on my list on purpose. But every free piece of dlc, no matter the game, gets added.

Just checked 4,853

The PS3 download list includes all Vita content, too.

Guys, install Greasemonkey and then PSDLE, use the search function on the latter, add to the queue, problem solved.

ps: the PS3 isn't getting new features anymore.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Cheers Lance

had looked at that before and just tried it on Chrome and it did add Bioshock 2 to my queue

I thought it fed back to the store and not the download list so I was not sure if it would get borked by the missing titles, but it worked

Now just the concern that our digital libraries could be culled at any point

Duke Nukem 3D and The Simpsons Arcade Game are two of my all time favorite games.

Neither one is available on the PSN store anymore.

Duke, it's not that much of an issue, I mean, it is, but it's available on every other bloody platform out there at this point, and on top of that, I've already got the PS4 version ordered anyway. Duke is always gonna be available somewhere in some form relatively easily, and considering all the issues with rights and shit that series has, it's not entirely surprising that it got pulled anyways.

Simpsons however is an arcade treasure I've been lucky enough to play in an arcade twice in my life, and that's a fun story in itself, but anyway, that's not available to buy ANYWHERE. It was on PS3 and 360 in 2012 for a few months and then disappeared, it's an absolute classic, and one of the many reasons Konami used to fucking rule. Now you MUST resort to emulation if you want to play it. And the iOS title (that's no longer available also) that goes by the same name is an entirely new game in the same vein, so if that ever pops back onto the App Store, it doesn't count.

Also I just remembered OutRun Online Arcade. Damn I wish I had a PS3 to be able to buy that when it was available. Fucking love me some OutRun.