Trophy thoughts?

ShadowStar83x

Looks like an interesting game and quite straightforward. However, here's an interesting tidbit: the PS4 version has 29 trophies. However, the XBox One version has 64 achievements. :hmm:

The reason behind the ps4 version having only 29 trophies is because the game can only have a maximum amount of 1230 trophy points. 7 gold, 7 silver, 14 bronze and 1 platinum reaches this value.

And yet, all the images look the same.  They couldn't use the Steam images for the trophy images? I mean don't get me wrong, I am glad it's on the PS4, but the images are rather bland.  Guess they gave up on them after they coded them.

If you look closely, the thing the giant holds in its hand is different for each trophy.

The reason behind the ps4 version having only 29 trophies is because the game can only have a maximum amount of 1230 trophy points. 7 gold, 7 silver, 14 bronze and 1 platinum reaches this value.

The Xbox One only lets a game have 1000 gamerscore before DLC, yet its version has 64 achievements. The more likely explanation is the rigidity of the trophy system on individual values compared to the achievement system. While the developer was granted total freedom over the achievement values (look at the amount of 5G achievements), they were stuck with 15, 30, and 90 for trophies, so their only options were to either have a list populated with a shitload of bronzes and either a few silvers or one gold and a silver or cut out a good chunk of the list so that the remaining trophies could be given more appropriate values. In this case, they went with the latter.

Edited by Walter-kun
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...