PsPlus October 2016 game

FlareZero

What's the game about?

A robot trying to understand what it means to be human by traveling to different planets and cheering people up. It's adorable. :)

(Talking about it yesterday made me miss the game, so I'm actually replaying it now on PS4 - it's still great the second time around!)

A robot trying to understand what it means to be human by traveling to different planets and cheering people up. It's adorable. :)

(Talking about it yesterday made me miss the game, so I'm actually replaying it now on PS4 - it's still great the second time around!)

Sounds interesting, what's the gameplay like? Is it just talking to people to cheer them up or doing quests? 

From my recollection you are basically talking to characters to get to know them and then finding presents by tapping on the environment. In return they may open up and tell you info about other characters. Based on what you have learnt about each character you are looking to give them the appropriate gifts to raise/lower their sentiment towards you depending on the task. There are lots of different worlds and presents for a given character may not be on the world they are situated on so you kind of have to keep track on what you might need and travelling back to various worlds to give characters the gifts they need. I found I t was quite a charming little game.

As for Actual Sunlight. I went through this yesterday and found it interesting but ultimately quite shallow. The ending just seemed a bit cheap but then I have never experienced real depression. It is an absolutely bizarre choice for IGC. The trophies popping off seemed really inappropriate. Esp at the end.

• Like 1

From my recollection you are basically talking to characters to get to know them and then finding presents by tapping on the environment. In return they may open up and tell you info about other characters. Based on what you have learnt about each character you are looking to give them the appropriate gifts to raise/lower their sentiment towards you depending on the task. There are lots of different worlds and presents for a given character may not be on the world they are situated on so you kind of have to keep track on what you might need and travelling back to various worlds to give characters the gifts they need. I found I t was quite a charming little game.

As for Actual Sunlight. I went through this yesterday and found it interesting but ultimately quite shallow. The ending just seemed a bit cheap but then I have never experienced real depression. It is an absolutely bizarre choice for IGC. The trophies popping off seemed really inappropriate. Esp at the end.

Nailed it on both games, though I can't even say I found Actual Sunlight interesting.  I expected to learn something or empathize with the main character or at least appreciate the writing, but I felt like I wasted an hour and deleted the game immediately after the credits rolled.

I found it quite interesting. I don't have depression myself but i know some people who do.

For me, i found his relationship with the girls most interesting. And the way he projects his own lack of self worth onto the way others see him.

I find it hard to understand how the people i know do this, so for me this game was quite a good insight. While not universally applicable, it helped me to understand trying to be patient a little better and that in giving someone critism, youre not telling them something they dont already think about themselves. Interesting

• Like 1