PsPlus October 2016 game

FlareZero

I've played, actually played is not the right term, I've experienced the game.  Its a quick story and should take no more than 1 hour to complete.

It's an interesting, thought provoking story and gives a good insight into depression.

The haters will predictably enough hate the game but the story will touch some.  I did not exactly like it but understood the story the developer was telling.

It's a ~1 hour introspective on the chain of events that cause the main character to decide to commit suicide. It's basically a text-reading exercise, but you have a character that you can walk around with in certain situations. It's an easy set of trophies, but it's not something that's a comfortable thing to read. It's not something that's fun to play either, because it's not meant to be fun, but it might give you something to think about.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 3

It's a ~1 hour introspective on the chain of events that cause the main character to decide to commit suicide. It's basically a text-reading exercise, but you have a character that you can walk around with in certain situations. It's an easy set of trophies, but it's not something that's a comfortable thing to read. It's not something that's fun to play, because it's not meant to be fun, but it might give you something to think about.

Now I'm quite interested in checking this game out. I'll be sure to download it once it becomes available for free. You made me a little bit excited ;).

It's a ~1 hour introspective on the chain of events that cause the main character to decide to commit suicide. It's basically a text-reading exercise, but you have a character that you can walk around with in certain situations. It's an easy set of trophies, but it's not something that's a comfortable thing to read. It's not something that's fun to play either, because it's not meant to be fun, but it might give you something to think about.

Sounds like a deeper, more focused, more disturbing Three Fourths Home (which wasn't fun to play either). I will probably check it out, though I'm not sure I really want to.

Sounds like a deeper, more focused, more disturbing Three Fourths Home (which wasn't fun to play either). I will probably check it out, though I'm not sure I really want to.

Played that too, and it's similar but not quite the same. Actual Sunlight is inexorable to it's expected finish, and there's nothing you can do about it but advance the text and watch. Three Fourths Home gives you a small degree of control over how the ending turns out based on how you choose to respond to some things..

• Like 1

I've played, actually played is not the right term, I've experienced the game.  Its a quick story and should take no more than 1 hour to complete.

It's an interesting, thought provoking story and gives a good insight into depression.

The haters will predictably enough hate the game but the story will touch some.  I did not exactly like it but understood the story the developer was telling.

This is interesting, I will try it....

Not sure about picking up this game or not, I have enough games to play as it is and I'm not one to jump at every game just because it's free. Well, the month just started, I have a lot more time to make up my mind.

I believe it's meant to be a +/- 1 hour long game so you could easily play it in between other games :),

I believe it's meant to be a +/- 1 hour long game so you could easily play it in between other games :),

True, but what matters more is whether it's good or not. Still... An hour is not much, even if I end up disliking the game, I can watch videos or do something else while playing it. But from what I've read, I don't think it sucks. *downloads the game*

It was an interesting game/visual novel, had some depressing and introspective moments, but I also felt it was a tad too "oh woe is me" for my liking.

I've suffered with depression for years, it comes and goes, so I can understand where the writer is coming from, but excuses such as "I'm too old to do this any more" or "I'm too fat" are just eye roll worthy at times, especially when they keep getting repeated. I may still be young, but if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that making excuses for yourself is usually a sign you're not even trying in the first place.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
  • Like 4

I bet psychologists around the world will be happy though, more depressed people to treat :P.

Haha! Most of us would not want more depressed people, because dealing with someone's depression can be really draining for us too! :P Edited by darkamdusias

It was an interesting game/visual novel, had some depressing and introspective moments, but I also felt it was a tad too "oh woe is me" for my liking.

I've suffered with depression for years, it comes and goes, so I can understand where the writer is coming from, but excuses such as "I'm too old to do this any more" or "I'm too fat" are just eye roll worthy at times, especially when they keep getting repeated. I may still be young, but if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that making excuses for yourself is usually a sign you're not even trying in the first place.

Yeah, this is almost certainly what will bother me. As someone who has been crippled by depression, and sought (and currently seeks) professional help, it goes against everything in my being to see someone (even a smallish fictional character that looks like Bobby Hill from King of the Hill) just give up.