Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

CediFonei

So I've been playing this game for a few days, and I'm really digging it thus far! I have a lot more to see before I can rate the game as an overall experience, especially as a Free to Play game, but I'm pretty confident about this one and I look forward to diving deeper into it.

03088550014175796711529_Brave_Exvius_mai

Brave Exvius is yet another free to play FF RPG available for iOS devices, featuring a combat system mostly rooted in traditional FF mechanics and a character roulette from which you form your party (which is spun either by Lapis, the game's premium currency, or by free resources such as tickets and Friend Points). Your party is composed of Visions, a slew of characters consisting of both original creations (often designed after a typical FF job, with some personalizations) and incarnations of previous FF stars such as Terra, Cecil, Vivi, and that Lightning girl I hear is all the rage with the young'uns these days.

For a character roulette-type of iOS game, there's a lot more depth to composing your party than I would have expected. Outfitting your units with equipment based on what weapons/armors everyone is proficient with, developing as balanced or specialized a party you like with a wide range of attacks, spells, buffs, and debuffs, training up Espers (which function a bit like FFVIII's GFs, minus the convoluted Junction mechanic) to summon into battle... you know, that kinda stuff. Every character has their own set of sprite animations in battle, and combat animations are flashy yet fluid and fast, making for quick yet substantive battles!

3063308-final_fantasy_brave_exvius_clean braveexvius_01.jpg

Final%2BFantasy%2BBrave%2BExvius%2B083.P

The game also packs its own story. I'm still too early on in it to say whether the plot is anything more substantial than your typical fantasy cliches, but you know, I like the writing a good deal! The main characters (Rain and Lasswell, the topmost and bottommost chars respectively in the above image) have consistently fun banter going on that makes them entertaining to watch. It's not a particularly deep story, or at least not yet, but for a game meant to be played in shorter bursts it's written well, at least IMO.

So, I'm wondering what other people here think about the game. Are you interested? Do you want to share your parties with other players?? Am I objectively crazy for saying I think a game with this monetezation model is good??? All I can say is, I'm having fun building up my parties and I wanna know if anyone else in this forum is!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing it a few days ago and I really like it. I'm not a big mobile game guy, and when I started playing, I thought of Brave Frontier because the battle systems are pretty much the exact same. I usually give up on mobile games after a few days because they bore me, but I'll definitely play this for a while.

• Like 1

So I've been playing this game for a few days, and I'm really digging it thus far! I have a lot more to see before I can rate the game as an overall experience, especially as a Free to Play game, but I'm pretty confident about this one and I look forward to diving deeper into it.

So is it really free game?

EDIT: Never mind, I just download it.

Edited by Kamen Rider Ghost

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, NEV said:

Is anyone got Noctis unit? I couldn't get one yet.... :/

Not yet :/  Have gotten like 4 Celes from my last few dailies and a ton of Charlottes before that.  Banner switches tomorrow so guess I'll need to get him sometime off banner.

White Knight Noel is coming tomorrow!  Hope I can draw him to double team with my Cecil.

31 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

Not yet :/  Have gotten like 4 Celes from my last few dailies and a ton of Charlottes before that.  Banner switches tomorrow so guess I'll need to get him sometime off banner.

White Knight Noel is coming tomorrow!  Hope I can draw him to double team with my Cecil.

I only got two of Charlotte but still no sign of Noctis and Celes, either...

let's just hope we'll get Noel this time..

13 hours ago, NEV said:

I only got two of Charlotte but still no sign of Noctis and Celes, either...

let's just hope we'll get Noel this time..

Heheh, still nothing for me over here.  Drew a Shadow and an Anzelm so I was pretty down.  Had one more ticket and drew Rosa so I'm pretty happy.  Won't replace Refia, but I like having all the units I can get :P

5* gacha pulls are very rare; in all my months of playing, I only got my first 5* pull today. And it wasn't even a very good one, unfortunately...

Which means I've had poor luck with getting Noctis and/or White Knight Noel, but I intend to keep up my efforts! I'd love a tank/mage hybrid like Noel in my party. Right now, my best units are Kain, White Witch Fina, and Karl, but I intend to level grind and Awaken several others I've got including Mercedes, Ingus, Refia, and Cecil.

• 2 months later...

Soooooo this current event has been the worst/ best thing that has happened.  I've been trying to pull some event characters to speed up the phantom farming but I've not been able to get any of them.  I have gotten two five star pulls though and I got Noctis and Dark Knight Cecil.  I'm just a little happy about that.

My Team Now:

6* Luneth

6* Noctis

6* Refia

6* Exdeath

6* Cecil

Basically everything dies in the first turn now, and if they survive they barely make a dent when it is their turn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NEV said:

Is anyone fought Gilgamesh yet? I just want to know how was it.

I've attempted fighting him, but I wasn't prepared for him.  Got about 3/10 of his health down and I tapped out.  One tough guy, but very doable if you're prepared.

23 hours ago, Jounochi said:

I've attempted fighting him, but I wasn't prepared for him.  Got about 3/10 of his health down and I tapped out.  One tough guy, but very doable if you're prepared.

Yeah, I just fought him once, but I was beaten so quickly. :blink: