Let's Finish Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

• 4 weeks later...

I see this topic's been stagnant for a bit. Let me revive it. I haven't started yet, but planning to do so early next year. So go ahead and sign me up. :)

Sure, no pressure. Welcome to the thread!

I did mention doing a bit of the game in the Platinum Rain Day updates, but basically I'm getting closer to the home stretch. The grind is probably going to be the hardest for me, with all these new things for other games coming out(like Pokemon Sun and Moon, love your avatar!) but I'll see what I can do. Almost have all the puff-puffs and only the insane-mode quests are not finished.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I own the game now so can I be moved from the Waiting List to the Participants List?

I've been playing the game for the past few days. 

I'm at the Fault and the game has been pretty good so far.

I was surprised at how slow the combat is and that slowness is the only reason the game feels hard at times.

Add me to this got it on blacc friday for 10

Okay, I'll add you. I hope you don't forget your holiday obligations to family or friends playing this addictive game. (Says the guy who asked his sisters to buy Super Mario Maker for 3DS for his birthday xD) Welcome to the thread!

I guess we might hear about Dragon Quest Heroes II on the PlayStation Experience this week, cause:

Best Buy lists Dragon Quest Heroes II for PS4

So time to finally start playing the first installment. =D

It also says that Square-Enix hasn't made an official announcement yet, but if Best Buy is listing it in their 2017 catalog, then it's a big possibility. ;)

I also plan on getting more DQH trophies this month as well, or at least grinding King Metal Slimes until everyone is at Level 80 at least so I can complete the remaining rematches and try to survive the veteran rematches.

5 hours ago, Torracat83 said:

Well, DQH II is coming to the west...so what does that mean for this event?

It means an updated poster and transformation of this thread into a general events for the series, nothing more. Since there are no prizes for completing the platinums, unlike my Kingdom Hearts thread, there won't be much of a change. In all honesty, I'm pretty excited by the whole class system of DQH 2, it'll make the main characters more likely to remain in your party. :)

Finally got a trophy, Puffington Host, by finally getting the last two Puff-Puffs, Jessica and Yangus. Ugh, Yangus took FOREVER to get his Puff-Puff, he managed to be the third person to hit Level 99, after Bianca and Aurora. Now I need to get Lucien to Level 99 to get the Bjorn quest. Had to kill ten Pandora Boxs but it's easy to find them in the Coliseum root-defense special grotto; just ignore the root and look for the chests. Aurora got Thwacked a lot, sadly, but other than that, it wasn't too hard.

The only trophies I have left to get are (1) completing the last two quests which are the hardest quests ever, (2) crafting all accessories(missing quite a few recipes), (3) buying and collecting all orbs and weapons which means (4) defeating Zoma and Nok for the all enemies defeated trophy.

So I have finished the main story and I'm at the part of the game where I need to farm Mini Medal. I was using the method from the video on the first post of this thread, but I ran across the following video that says most people are using the method incorrectly. I don't know if that true or not, but I thought I'd share the video here.

33 minutes ago, LucileRose said:

I thought I had made another post about this but by the looks of things I didn't... :facepalm: Well I guess In any case, I earned the platinum about 10 days ago and I'm very happy to hear about DQ2 coming to the west.^_^ 

Yeah, it would have been nice to know that you earned the platinum ten days ago. :rolleyes: Oh well, moved you to the Hall of Heroes. Congrats! B)

I have only a few trophies left for this game but they involve a lot of farming and a lot of insane battles. Sorry, I've been so busy platinuming games for my road to Platinum 50 and have completed the major milestone for inFAMOUS Second Son. Great game if you don't mind gritty racism. Finished the Evil playthrough, just need the Good playthrough.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

9 hours ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Yeah, it would have been nice to know that you earned the platinum ten days ago. :rolleyes: Oh well, moved you to the Hall of Heroes. Congrats! B)

I have only a few trophies left for this game but they involve a lot of farming and a lot of insane battles. Sorry, I've been so busy platinuming games for my road to Platinum 50 and have completed the major milestone for inFAMOUS Second Son. Great game if you don't mind gritty racism. Finished the Evil playthrough, just need the Good playthrough.

I apologies I didn't make a post earlier, I honestly forgot since the new update and life events. Thank you! =)

The farming doesn't take long and the DLC bosses aren't that hard after watching a video in youtube, the puff puff trophy can be a pain but having the person you need in your party then closing and loading the game seems to work amazingly. I'll be playing inFamous at one point but since I'm now on my Christmas holiday for 3 weeks, I'll do some of my longer games since I've got the time for them now. Good luck on getting the platinum. :lol:

On 12/16/2016 at 10:40 PM, DetectiveCJ said:

I have only a few trophies left for this game but they involve a lot of farming and a lot of insane battles.

For grinding the mini-medal. The bianca method nets you around 100 medals in 20-30 mins. I ended up needing around 400 medals to get all the weapons and obrs, and around 600 to get the ingredients I needed to make all the accessories.

For the super bosses I used the following videos guides, I hope they help you obtain the plat when you get around to finishing the game.

Spoiler

Edited by soultaker655
Fomating.

16 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

For grinding the mini-medal. The Bianca method nets you around 100 medals in 20-30 minutes. I ended up needing around 400 medals to get all the weapons and orbs, and around 600 to get the ingredients I needed to make all the accessories.

For the super bosses I used the following videos guides, I hope they help you obtain the plat when you get around to finishing the game.

Reveal hidden contents

Great video list! To be honest, I am thinking about making DQH my 50th platinum so this will really help me get those final trophies once I get my personal project complete. ;)