Let's Finish Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below

I don't have the game. This would be my first Dragon Quest, would you say it's a good idea to start with this (story-wise)? Do I need to know anything about previous Dragon Quests? No need to add me yet, without knowing anything about it or at least watching a trailer, I can't make up my mind.

And the price over at Gamestop does concern me. I can get it in my country for 20 bucks on Amazon. Also, way to go butchering the game's subtitle in German. As expected of the localization team. Roughly translated to English, it says Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree and the Tyrant from the Deep. No idea if the German subitle or the English one is closer to the Japanese one.

I'll go ahead and sign up for this. I'll be holding off on the plat since I'm using it in Project Platinum.

I still need these:

4Sa1bb0b.png Variety Clubber 
Awarded for defeating every single species of monster.

7Sccd2dd.png Master at Arms 
Awarded for obtaining each and every weapon and orb.

8Sc62ca4.png Avid Accessoriser 
Awarded for obtaining every variety of accessory.

9Scaf04e.png Restless Quester 
Awarded for completing every quest.

10Sacfbd1.png Veteranarian 
Awarded for defeating every variety of veteran monster.

11Sf73d20.png Accessory to Alchemy 
Awarded for creating a total of 100 accessories by alchemy.

14Sda07f4.png Puffington Host 
Awarded for treating every character to a Puff-Puff.

34Sc4423a.png Map Maniac 
Awarded for completing a total of 50 challenges in the grottoes marked on mysterious maps.

Add me to the Waiting List. 

Wow, the guy who gave me a blessing for this thread wanting to play this game? J/K, I'm not mean. Welcome to the thread! ^_^

I don't have the game. This would be my first Dragon Quest, would you say it's a good idea to start with this (story-wise)? Do I need to know anything about previous Dragon Quests? No need to add me yet, without knowing anything about it or at least watching a trailer, I can't make up my mind.

And the price over at Gamestop does concern me. I can get it in my country for 20 bucks on Amazon. Also, way to go butchering the game's subtitle in German. As expected of the localization team. Roughly translated to English, it says Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree and the Tyrant from the Deep. No idea if the German subitle or the English one is closer to the Japanese one.

I added you to the waiting list, welcome to the thread! IMHO, the German subtitle is similar to our subtitle(The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below, never use the subtitle because it's LOOOONG) so I wouldn't say it was butchering, but then again, what do I know? :P And if you can buy a used copy on Amazon for $20, go for it! Maybe I should see if Amazon can get me a copy of Dragon Quest Builders for PS4 for that price.

I'll go ahead and sign up for this. I'll be holding off on the plat since I'm using it in Project Platinum.

I still need these:

4Sa1bb0b.png Variety Clubber 

7Sccd2dd.png Master at Arms 

8Sc62ca4.png Avid Accessoriser 

9Scaf04e.png Restless Quester 

Awarded for completing every quest.

10Sacfbd1.png Veteranarian 

Awarded for defeating every variety of veteran monster.

11Sf73d20.png Accessory to Alchemy 

14Sda07f4.png Puffington Host 

34Sc4423a.png Map Maniac 

Awarded for completing a total of 50 challenges in the grottoes marked on mysterious maps.

Wow, those are almost all the trophies I need to get, add in for me the one for finishing the story. Welcome to the thread, you're added!

You can add me to this list, I still need a 11 trophies to plat this game and this might get me to do it again :P

Sure thing! Welcome to the thread! ^_^

I added you to the waiting list, welcome to the thread! IMHO, the German subtitle is similar to our subtitle(The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below, never use the subtitle because it's LOOOONG) so I wouldn't say it was butchering, but then again, what do I know? :P And if you can buy a used copy on Amazon for $20, go for it! Maybe I should see if Amazon can get me a copy of Dragon Quest Builders for PS4 for that price.

Thanks. It's not even used, I can buy a new copy on Amazon for 20 €. Builders' release date is next week (US release: October 11th, EU: October 14th), you'll have to wait a bit for a price drop. Anyway, what about the story? Do I need to know anything about previous Dragon Quests?

Edited by viech54

Slowly getting closer and closer to the platinum. Got 2 trophies today and now I only need these:

4Sa1bb0b.png Variety Clubber 

7Sccd2dd.png Master at Arms 

8Sc62ca4.png Avid Accessoriser 

11Sf73d20.png Accessory to Alchemy 

14Sda07f4.png Puffington Host 

34Sc4423a.png Map Maniac 

OHHHHHHHHHHH BOY! I've not played this game in so long, but I love it as both an original action RPG and a homage to my personal favorite JRPG series. Sign me up! I've finished the story a while ago, but I still have a lot of postgame to catch up with.

Edited by CediFonei

Guides:

Is there a reason why you didn't list the guide that's on PSNprofiles?

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3438-DRAGON-QUEST-HEROES-The-World-Trees-Woe-and-the-Blight-Below-Trophy-Guide

I would like to join this event. Have bought the game about two weeks ago (new for 20 euros) and have played it a bit but didn't feel like I would go for it atm.

BTW: The OP is a nice read. ^_^

Sure why not. I don't plan to play the game for some time, but if we're waiting for DQH2, we have lot of time =D

Could you add me? I love the game but I put it down when newer games came out and have been meaning to get back into it.

OHHHHHHHHHHH BOY! I've not played this game in so long, but I love it as both an original action RPG and a homage to my personal favorite JRPG series. Sign me up! I've finished the story a while ago, but I still have a lot of postgame to catch up with.

Wow, a lot of eager heroes! Okay, you are all added! Welcome to the thread, all of you! ^_^

Is there a reason why you didn't list the guide that's on PSNprofiles?

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/3438-DRAGON-QUEST-HEROES-The-World-Trees-Woe-and-the-Blight-Below-Trophy-Guide

I would like to join this event. Have bought the game about two weeks ago (new for 20 euros) and have played it a bit but didn't feel like I would go for it atm.

BTW: The OP is a nice read. ^_^

I apologize, I'll edit the guides to include the PSN Profiles trophy guide. The Playstationtrophies.org one is horribly out of date, it doesn't cover the English version. Oh, and welcome to the thread, you're in. ;)

(Don't worry if you don't see a change right away - I updated the thread as soon as I posted this, it takes a while to copy and paste all of your profile URLs.)

Thanks. It's not even used, I can buy a new copy on Amazon for 20 €. Builders' release date is next week (US release: October 11th, EU: October 14th), you'll have to wait a bit for a price drop. Anyway, what about the story? Do I need to know anything about previous Dragon Quests?

Well, I changed my mind about DQ Builders, I'll go tomorrow and pick up the PS4 copy even if it's outrageous - I have enough cash on hand for it and I love the idea of a Dragon Quest Minecraft clone, also the trophy list looks easy enough. ^_^

You don't need to know anything about previous Dragon Quests; Bianca and Nera mention their wedding sub-plot in their game(Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - the sub-title is for the DS remake), but it's not that important to the main plot, and you'll get the backstories of each character if you do the side-quest lines for each of them which pop up at the final story part of the game. However, I urge you to at least watch a Let's Play of the DS Remakes if you want to know about these cameo characters like Alena/Kiryl, Bianca/Nera, Terry, and Jessica/Yangus. You can find people playing the games on Youtube for free. ;)

• Like 1

I basically have the platinum. I just need to buy the last weapon from the mini medal shop and I already have enough medals. I'm using this in platinum rain day so I won't be popping the plat anytime soon. This is the last trophy:

Edited by Zangril

I apologize, I'll edit the guides to include the PSN Profiles trophy guide. The Playstationtrophies.org one is horribly out of date, it doesn't cover the English version. Oh, and welcome to the thread, you're in. ;)

There's no need to apologize. :)

You don't need to know anything about previous Dragon Quests; Bianca and Nera mention their wedding sub-plot in their game(Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride - the sub-title is for the DS remake), but it's not that important to the main plot, and you'll get the backstories of each character if you do the side-quest lines for each of them which pop up at the final story part of the game. However, I urge you to at least watch a Let's Play of the DS Remakes if you want to know about these cameo characters like Alena/Kiryl, Bianca/Nera, Terry, and Jessica/Yangus. You can find people playing the games on Youtube for free. ;)

Heavenly Bride <3

I still have to play the DS-version of the game but from what I remember I really liked the game back in the days.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Well, I changed my mind about DQ Builders, I'll go tomorrow and pick up the PS4 copy even if it's outrageous - I have enough cash on hand for it and I love the idea of a Dragon Quest Minecraft clone, also the trophy list looks easy enough. ^_^

Never played Minecraft and don't intend to do that soon, can't say anything about DQ Builders.

Thanks for telilng me. *sighs* More videos to catch up on. Not that I don't already have way too many to watch. Oh well, it's not like I'm going to play DS Heroes this year. I should be able to watch the LPs before playing the game. Well, most likely, unless I somehow feel like playing another Warriors.

I basically have the platinum. I just need to buy the last weapon from the mini medal shop and I already have enough medals. I'm using this in platinum rain day so I won't be popping the plat anytime soon. This is the last trophy:

Okay, I'll move you to the Hall of Fame as soon as I get back. As I said, you qualify if you are using the game for PRD. I'm doing the same. :) Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't on the list. My bad. I put you in the Hall of Fame to make up for that. :facepalm:

Count me in, maybe with this i'll be able to get back to the game and finish it! 

Edit: i'm missing 4 trophies, but if i remember correctly those last optional bosses were h a r d !

I just caught your post as I was leaving the house, but if you wait a couple of hours, I'll add you as soon as I get back. ;) EDIT: Added you. Welcome to the thread!

Edited by DetectiveCJ
  • Like 1

Okay, I'll move you to the Hall of Fame as soon as I get back. As I said, you qualify if you are using the game for PRD. I'm doing the same. :) Sorry, I didn't realize you weren't on the list. My bad. I put you in the Hall of Fame to make up for that. :facepalm:

It's all good  :) Some helpfully advice I can give is that Terry is OP. Have his weapon Stardust equipped and then use Falcon Slash into Gust Slash, GG enemies

It's all good  :) Some helpfully advice I can give is that Terry is OP. Have his weapon Stardust equipped and then use Falcon Slash into Gust Slash, GG enemies

Okay, I'm popping onto the game now. I'll work on Terry's questline first after I grind out 50 grottos and some Puff-Puffs. ^_^ (Ironically, Terry's Puff-Puff was the first I got. ^_^)

Okay, I'm popping onto the game now. I'll work on Terry's questline first after I grind out 50 grottos and some Puff-Puffs. ^_^ (Ironically, Terry's Puff-Puff was the first I got. ^_^)

I wanted to kill Kiryl... His Puff-Puff was the last one I needed for the trophy and I just couldn't get it. I had almost everything in the game beat before I got it. 

If you are going for Map Maniac there's a better way to do it. It's slower but you get a lot of mini medals. Fields Of Goold - Showdown - Slimy Soldiers. It's easier to farm mini medals here too. Have Bianca with your strongest bow, Meteorite Bracer, Allure Ring, and Ace of Spoils. I was getting anywhere from 13-20+ medals every 3-5 minutes (how long it took me to beat that challenge), I would very rarely get below 10 in a run.

Edited by Zangril

I wanted to kill Kiryl... His Puff-Puff was the last one I needed for the trophy and I just couldn't get it. I had almost everything in the game beat before I got it. 

If you are going for Map Maniac there's a better way to do it. It's slower but you get a lot of mini medals. Fields Of Goold - Showdown - Slimy Soldiers. It's easier to farm mini medals here too. Have Bianca with your strongest bow, Meteorite Bracer, Allure Ring, and Ace of Spoils. I was getting anywhere from 13-20+ medals every 3-5 minutes (how long it took me to beat that challenge), I would very rarely get below 10 in a run.

I know you are going to hate me, but I got two more Puff-Puffs; Alena's and Bianca's. :ninja: Did you use Kiryl in your party all the time? It seems that the more maps you do with a character in your party, the better the chances, although I still haven't gotten the opposite lead's Puff-Puff yet. (I am playing as Aurora, the girl, so I am talking about Lucien, the guy.)

Also, no need for you to give advice on Grottos. After 14 revisits from the Fire Place, I got the Map Maniac trophy. :)

After that, I got the Accessory to Alchemy trophy, then the one for collecting 200 mini medals and I did a quest to get the Really Healy trophy and got the 100% alchemy ingredients trophy. Then I finished the main story for Daylight Savior, but I completed Maya's storyline to get the magnetic necklace and used it in the Hero Rank Arba Town Battlefield to coax out four King Metal Slimes and managed to crit the last one to get King Klanger. So now my % is 68%.

I also did a couple of quests - the first of Terry's story and a few quests for Bianca/Nera's story(the second quest is really easy, you just need to own three Fresh Waters).

I'm going to take a break now; got a couple of games that I want to try out for a while. But I'll be back to get Psaro(he WILL join me) and some more trophies.

I know you are going to hate me, but I got two more Puff-Puffs; Alena's and Bianca's. :ninja: Did you use Kiryl in your party all the time? It seems that the more maps you do with a character in your party, the better the chances, although I still haven't gotten the opposite lead's Puff-Puff yet. (I am playing as Aurora, the girl, so I am talking about Lucien, the guy.)

I used him quite a bit, but in the end I kicked him from the party so I could use my favorites instead of him. I got all the others very fast, most of them came I got when that person wasn't even in my party. But his... nope, I had to beat everything except the final couple bosses.

OMG, finally got all the trophies.. http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3951-DRAGON-QUEST-HEROES-The-World-Trees-Woe-and-the-Blight-Below/ruffedgz

So happy to have finally finished the game!!!

Will also PM DetectiveCJ about this as well but can mark me as actually being done with this game :P

You don't have to PM me, but thanks for the extra effort. I'll add you ASAP. Congrats! ^_^