Nominate a platform for multiplat games?

Kapika96

Multiplatform trophy lists are kind of annoying, especially since I`d assume most people don`t actually own those games on all the platforms they`re available on. So is there any way a feature could be added to choose the platform you own those games on so they only show up as that platform on your profile and stats rather than also show up for platforms that you may not even own?

IMO it's accurate to display all other platforms too when a list is shared. 

Overall, yeah sure. But in people`s individual profiles, maybe not so much. Say I want to look at the Vita games on my profile, there`s an option to display only Vita games. Only problem is games that share a Vita trophy list with their PS3/4 versions will also show up. If I only own them on PS3/4 then it`s kind of odd for that to be showing up when I only want to look at my Vita games.

I don't think it's even possible as psnp gets info from servers and there is no info stored about on what platform you actually played game.

It stores only timestamps and list of trophies you got on your account.

This thing only could be implemented by Sony but they don't care about it.

• Like 1

Overall, yeah sure. But in people`s individual profiles, maybe not so much. Say I want to look at the Vita games on my profile, there`s an option to display only Vita games. Only problem is games that share a Vita trophy list with their PS3/4 versions will also show up. If I only own them on PS3/4 then it`s kind of odd for that to be showing up when I only want to look at my Vita games.

I don't think it's even possible as psnp gets info from servers and there is no info stored about on what platform you actually played game.

It stores only timestamps and list of trophies you got on your account.

This thing only could be implemented by Sony but they don't care about it.

As Amaz1ng stated, there is no automated way of verifying the information you want when syncing with Sonys servers. With a shared trophy list, Sony doesn't differentiate the data between the PS4 version of the trophy or the Vita version of the trophy.

As Amaz1ng stated, there is no automated way of verifying the information you want when syncing with Sonys servers. With a shared trophy list, Sony doesn't differentiate the data between the PS4 version of the trophy or the Vita version of the trophy.

I was thinking more along the lines of like a drop down box implemented by PSNP next to the game on your games list where you can choose which platform you want it to count as. I don`t know how hard it would be to implement but I don`t see why it wouldn`t be possible. Although it kinda seems like I`m the only one who wants such a feature at the moment so probably not going to happen :(

I was thinking more along the lines of like a drop down box implemented by PSNP next to the game on your games list where you can choose which platform you want it to count as. I don`t know how hard it would be to implement but I don`t see why it wouldn`t be possible. Although it kinda seems like I`m the only one who wants such a feature at the moment so probably not going to happen :(

So more like a personalized portal of your own trophy list that only you see? That might not be a bad idea for Sly to implement to Premium Members make that membership worth it a little more to those who would be interested in doing so.

• Like 2

I would seriously love this because of platform leaderboards on the updated site. (More Vita Plats :awesome:)

But since there is also multiplatform leaderboard, I don't think it will be implemented.

However, Mango will be able to fix wrong multiplatform lists (for example Senran Kagura or Monster Monpiece). Other than that, nothing else.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I don't see the problem of that, because the list is shared with those versions, so you have a Vita game in the list. Having a separate list for every console and region is terrible, especially for guides. For example: Dragon Age Inquisition had a separate list for the PS3 and PS4 version, so a guide for the PS4 version wouldn't be linked to the PS3 list. The only way to solve that was to copy the entire guide for the PS3 version too. Shared lists don't have that problem.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I don't see the problem of that, because the list is shared with those versions, so you have a Vita game in the list. Having a separate list for every console and region is terrible, especially for guides. For example: Dragon Age Inquisition had a separate list for the PS3 and PS4 version, so a guide for the PS4 version wouldn't be linked to the PS3 list. The only way to solve that was to copy the entire guide for the PS3 version too. Shared lists don't have that problem.

I don't think they're saying to separate the lists, just to allow individuals to change it from saying multi to single platform just on their own profiles.  So (from my understanding) everything would look exactly the same when looking up games, but when looking at a multi-platform game on your own profile there would be an option somewhere to select one of the platforms from the list, so that (on your profile only) it displays just like it would if the game wasn't on the other platform(s).  The guides, forum posts etc would remain regardless of platform choice, the game would still be listed as multi-platform when looking it up, the game would be listed as the platform you selected on your profile and it would be listed as the platform other people selected on their profiles (or as multi-platform if they haven't selected one).

I don't know if that would be possible, and how difficult it would be to implement, but I do think it would be a good idea.  I don't have any multi-platform games on my profile yet but I do know of at least one game I intend to play that is (Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment).  I will be playing this game on PS3, so I won't want it to show up on my PS4 list.  If it's not possible to implement, then maybe an option to exclude a game from the PS3/4/Vita list (again on your profile only)?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...