chapter 6 akumu mode is INSANE

melodicmizery

On 11/29/2017 at 1:45 PM, Piano Reeves said:

The only pain here is your horrid grammar. You could at least try.

thats nice monitor muscles. because gaming has anything to do with me typing fast and not caring about using proper punctuation. anyways i platinumed the game so whatever lol. have fun bragging about your 9 platinums. you have never even played the game according to your profile so why are you here, just to talk crap to people?

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I was able to do it thanks to my upgrades. sprint duration and flashbolts are an absolute must. Those should be almost maxed out by chapter 6. All I did was just run around in circles and letting off a flash bolt every 10 or so seconds when they wore off. upgrading agony stock helps too so you don't have to risk crafting during the fights.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 0:24 AM, itrane157 said:

I played this game for the first time on release and never tried Akumu. I remember I did try Nightmare but gave up after dying loads of times in Chapter 3. I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be in Akumu 1f613.png

Chapter 6 is horrible! reminds me of those horror movies where people went to a forest and got lost.
The problem is that there is no checkpoint in the second part of the encounter, which makes it frustrating. I'm playing on survival and i died a few times only in the second part, the first one is relatively easy, you just walk in circles  after killing the first enemies with the ignited barrel

• 1 year later...

for the beginning house.

run forward, and right loop round to bunch the two together and pistol the barrel to kill.

then when the next wave of 3 come. use harpoon bolt to fire one of the dudes off the cliff and far away, it'll take him 30 seconds to come back, the whole time he is away from the house no others will spawn, you only have to kite 2 eventually the third u fired off will come back, but no more before the door opens providing Joseph isn't interrupted.

second room, loot items, sprint to the middle barrel loop round behind it and sprint push it into the centre of the room, it's rng as to how many fall down, if it's just 1 shotgun him otherwise blow barrel and make sure u have decent flash bolts. as you will need atleast 4 and allot of luck to get through, level 3 flash is good for there.

checkpoint with cabonnes in the air and shit

head left, hold near the wooden planks right next to mirror, shoot or melee 1 bullet per enemy near those planks and they automatically fall off, then clear the area  if you do the carbonnes in this order -> 4 5 1 2 3 it's a quick route and all enemies despawn.

and for the dog in courtyard, shoot it in the face 5-8 times with the rifle around lvl 3, and dot shocks if you need to as he jumps about allot.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

• 9 months later...
On 29/11/2017 at 6:37 PM, DividedByMankind said:

When i did it on my old profile https://psnprofiles.com/Hidden_Gamer_88 i managed ch6 and 11 after couple hours. but i am aiming to plat this game 7times. all trophy sets. From January :)

EDIT: So just dont give up ppl. i found Dead Space 2 much harder than this :) 

Dead Space 2 was brutal if you did it without exploiting the Devil's Horns/Hand Cannon.

From memory I didn't particularly enjoy TEW1, found TEW2 much better, and the toughest difficulty on that was similar to Dead Space, though you got 7 saves, in some ways that sounds harder than Akumu as if you don't utilise your saves well, you'll be doing the same hard segments over and over.

I'm looking at going for the plat on this soon though, how does it compare to Prototype's difficulty? The Pt trophy wasn't as bad as I was expecting, definitely a test of patience mind. Hard mode on that was cheap, luckily you just restarted at checkpoints.

Edit - speaking of cheap... I'm at Ch6 now and my biggest issue is the camera, very frustrating.

Edited by BluesFanUK