chapter 6 akumu mode is INSANE

melodicmizery

i heard people say "that was a piece of cake" or "Easy" and i figured after 7 regular playthrough i could breeze through it

holy crap i was wrong

it took me 3 DAYS to get past the first section of the game. 

and then from the time i woke up until 7am to beat the 6th chapter. i must have over 400+ deaths. 

ive never ever played such a hard level in my entire LIFE.

the hardest thing next to think i think was playing duke nukem ps3 on its hardest difficulty against that floating brain thing i think it was. and its final boss.

and the other was i think revelations 2 on hard i got to the bosses in that supermarket area and i had absolutely no ammo and died over 70 times.

what a pain!!!

Akumu difficulty absolutely IS NOT cheap. It is difficult but rewarding and the game does give you all the resources you need. Practice and a good idea of how to approach each section is all you really need. I would advise checking out a couple of peoples tips on PS3T.org - I put some useful tips there myself. It's a fantastic game and i honestly preferred Akumu to traditional difficulty.

• Like 1

Yeah chapter 6 is pretty bad, mostly because of checkpoints though. Those two rooms with locked doors are really annoying.

I literally just got past the second Laura Boss fight (chapter 10) and the traps they added makes it much thougher.

It's not just the 1hit death that makes Akumu hard, there are more enemies and traps too.

i just finished it FINALLY. it said i had 374 deaths, but i think it was double that at least because i restartedd entire chapters numerous times to change my upgrades for diff bosses.

chapter 6 i found a strategy, i made a video about it. the first room you only kill the first 2 people. then you spend about 1.30 circling the room away from the 3 people and nobody else will spawn. the room after that is a hailmary. i finally after dying at least 50+ times decided to upgraded my flash bolts to the second last upgrade and the rest on how many shotgun shells i could hold without reloading. i shocked the group 2 times and joseph was still only halfway through. then threw up a glory shot and hurled 2 grenades it cleared the room. then with my shot gun i knocked down enemies until that door opened. 

there was quite a few parts. that laura boss was NO JOKE!!!!! she was just as hard. you have to have a absolute perfect run or its lights out. i tried using shock bolts to slow her down when i could. i have a video of the very last checkpoint beating her that i got so lucky i aced but again that took me a crapload of deaths because of bear traps

i even have problems with the dog!! for some reason none of my shots would registers. and that boss in the parking lot and the octopus thing i finally went ham on all 3 and just unloaded everything i had at them with no strategy and they fell right over in seconds.

the worst part about everything is, i now have a hole in my wall

the best part, besides it being over with, is i now know ps4 controllers are made pretty tough and reflect back at you like a boomerang haha

• Like 2

I don't understand why people had too much trouble with this...

I remember that after starting akumu mode I spent 4-5 hours on chapter 2 but then after spending so much hours I felt the way I had to play and to be honest the first section of chapter 6 took me 3-4 tries only.

It got hard only (if I remember correctly) on the chapter in which you are on a construction site and then you have to go on the other side with an elavator cart or something like this.

I don't say that akumu mode is easy but it can be doable if you know what to do the exact moment.

• 5 weeks later...

RobinMaister.png

I recently finished Akumu mode, and I can confirm is really difficult and tough..specially chapter 6 as you mentioned, but with patience you can finally reach it. 

If someone tried Dead space 2 in the mode you could only save 3 times in all the game, may agree that is more difficult. At least in akumu you save the game at every checkpoint.

In total I died 419 times.... :blink:

Edited by RobinMaister

Akumu is brutal. I naively thought I could get through without upgrades but very soon gave that idea up! Though as hard as it is I love the game so that made it not such a grind. Didn't like the DLC though and that final torment room in 'The Executioner' was WAY worse than Akumu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/23/2016 at 1:33 PM, RobinMaister said:

RobinMaister.png

I recently finished Akumu mode, and I can confirm is really difficult and tough..specially chapter 6 as you mentioned, but with patience you can finally reach it. 

If someone tried Dead space 2 in the mode you could only save 3 times in all the game, may agree that is more difficult. At least in akumu you save the game at every checkpoint.

In total I died 419 times.... :blink:

Dead Space is an easy plat lol 

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Took me 2 hours to beat the burning house in Chapter 6 yesterday, kinda feel underwhelmed about flash bolt because people said how OP it is and I even upgraded it to level 4 but I barely used it.
First part basically just running in circle waiting for Joseph open the door.
Second part I just ran around grouping enemies together, then shotgun knockdown + throw match. Around time I shot my first flash bolt Joseph also opened the door.

When i did it on my old profile https://psnprofiles.com/Hidden_Gamer_88 i managed ch6 and 11 after couple hours. but i am aiming to plat this game 7times. all trophy sets. From January :)

EDIT: So just dont give up ppl. i found Dead Space 2 much harder than this :) 

Edited by Chris Hansen

8 minutes ago, Chris Hansen said:

When i did it on my old profile https://psnprofiles.com/Hidden_Gamer_88 i managed ch6 and 11 after couple hours. but i am aiming to plat this game 7times. all trophy sets. From January :)

EDIT: So just dont give up ppl. i found Dead Space 2 much harder than this :) 

You're attempting all 7? That's a lot of playthroughs, good luck with that. :P 

Just now, Chris Hansen said:

HAHA, that is the plan mate :) I know it is just words right now, but comeback and check my profile around march :) Chinese version is actually full price tho :(

Not doubting you pal :D Just that's a lot of dedication. Taking in Survival no upgrades, 5 hours & Akumu (Not to mention DLC) That's literally 21 playthroughs of main game then maybe 42 playthroughs of DLC.

6 minutes ago, LightningVII- said:

Not doubting you pal :D Just that's a lot of dedication. Taking in Survival no upgrades, 5 hours & Akumu (Not to mention DLC) That's literally 21 playthroughs of main game then maybe 42 playthroughs of DLC.

yeah, but 2 of the trophysets does not have DLC tho :D so they are a little bit kind :D

I think the best thing you can do for these types of games is to watch a play through on YouTube of someone doing the difficulty mode without getting hit at all. A "No-Hit Run". Then you try and copy what they do.

I was able to plat Dead Space 2 this way...in another lifetime I lived...long ago...

Edited by TurdFlingingApe