Platinum Rarity

Every day this platinum get's a higher percentage, I wonder once November hits if it'll start to drop.

Nah, I think it'll get higher. In November, all the people turned off from the PS3 hacking will head to play the game without the drama on PS4 and since the players will be mostly hardcore CoD players, they'll almost all get the plat legitimately. I'm predicting a 60+% rarity.

Nah, I think it'll get higher. In November, all the people turned off from the PS3 hacking will head to play the game without the drama on PS4 and since the players will be mostly hardcore CoD players, they'll almost all get the plat legitimately. I'm predicting a 60+% rarity.

60%+??? Wasn't Mile High Club a bitch???

Thinking about it, not that being a bitch means anything, because Spec Ops The Line was around 15% last time I checked.

60%+??? Wasn't Mile High Club a bitch???

Thinking about it, not that being a bitch means anything, because Spec Ops The Line was around 15% last time I checked.

Mile High Club is probally one of the most annoying trophies in this game.. Been trying for a few days now and can't seem to get past it :/

• Like 1

It's probably going to drop.

I would have to disagree with you on this. A lot of people in the COD fan base don't bother with trophies. I've been playing COD since MW3, the first campaign I've actually finished it Ghosts(It's the ONLY campaign I've ever finished). I've played a little bit of MW3's, but it wasn't a priority because all of the action that's going on is on multiplayer. Sure you'll have people that are like me and gradually touch the campaign, but after 5 minutes I'm like I'm done with this and go right back to multiplayer to level up &prestige. Looking at the percentages from all of the CODs.. both PS3 &PS4, the highest it's ever gotten is 10.32% which was MW2.

You can't boast about your K/D in the campaign lol. Kids love to boast about their K/D 24/7.. lol.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

It's probably going to drop.

I would have to disagree with you on this. A lot of people in the COD fan base don't bother with trophies. I've been playing COD since MW3, the first campaign I've actually finished it Ghosts(It's the ONLY campaign I've ever finished). I've played a little bit of MW3's, but it wasn't a priority because all of the action that's going on is on multiplayer. Sure you'll have people that are like me and gradually touch the campaign, but after 5 minutes I'm like I'm done with this and go right back to multiplayer to level up &prestige. Looking at the percentages from all of the CODs.. both PS3 &PS4, the highest it's ever gotten is 10.32% which was MW2.

You can't boast about your K/D in the campaign lol. Kids love to boast about their K/D 24/7.. lol.

I see what you're saying, but time will tell who's going to play this. More people going back to re-play it again, doing everything and raising the plat percentage, like I think, or mostly a bunch of MP only CoD players starting it, earning one trophy, but not finishing enough to get the plat.

I see what you're saying, but time will tell who's going to play this. More people going back to re-play it again, doing everything and raising the plat percentage, like I think, or mostly a bunch of MP only CoD players starting it, earning one trophy, but not finishing enough to get the plat.

That's true, although if you think about it. A lot of the "hardcore" players are playing now. You're given access to the campaign if you pay the game off in full at participating retailers or buy it digitally. A lot of people at the GameStop I work at don't like paying things off completely right then and there before a game comes out. There's people who've thrown the full $80 or $120 on this game so they can play the campaign immediately without any time wasted because they either want to get the plat done or they want something nostalgic and not all futuristic like all the crap that Activision is putting out.

But there's only 6k+ people who own the campaign bit to this atm..

Look at the other numbers from previous CODs..

please ignore my trophy scoring, I know I'm awful lol.

5500d27cc0ed4dbdb54df3d9de19437f.png

5846ba46dfb44a64983ec256d3905741.png

d03287c0eb0644a78f1ab48c314fa8bf.png

The highest it's gotten was 20k people that had the Platinum. (From what I heard, AW's Platinum was easy) Although cause of people like me, it's a 6.46%

Edit: Commenting on the replaying part.. It's gonna be a 50/50 about the people are going to get this for the sake of replaying it part. Just how activision was a douche and made it so you can only get COD4 in the $80 & $120 versions. Plus on the PS3 it was free to play online. It's not on the PS4. Plus are some of the old COD players that stopped playing willing to pick back up a controller and continue playing considering that they have to buy a $80 or &120 game, buy a PS4 if they don't have it already and buy PS Plus.

Something to think about :P

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 2

I'm thinking it'll be around 10-15% if it doesn't end up requiring Infinite Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 is sitting at 10% right now and the non-trophy hunters likely won't go for the plat. If it does require Infinite Warfare then I'm guessing it'll end up 20-40%

I'm thinking it'll be around 10-15% if it doesn't end up requiring Infinite Warfare. Modern Warfare 2 is sitting at 10% right now and the non-trophy hunters likely won't go for the plat. If it does require Infinite Warfare then I'm guessing it'll end up 20-40%

They've already confirmed you'll need IW in order to play COD4. There's gonna most likely be no way to purchase it separately. That's essentially their hook on getting people to purchase this next generation COD.  :S

They've already confirmed you'll need IW in order to play COD4. There's gonna most likely be no way to purchase it separately. That's essentially their hook on getting people to purchase this next generation COD.  :S

I'm still holding out hope that it'll be available as a separate purchase once the next CoD comes out. Various DLC maps were called preorder exclusives but then turned around to be available for all.

I'm still holding out hope that it'll be available as a separate purchase once the next CoD comes out. Various DLC maps were called preorder exclusives but then turned around to be available for all.

It's a slight possibility.

Although with the DLC maps you're talking about, I assume Nuketown? They've always eventually released Nuketown within a shorter time span. It's just a perk for those who buy the copy new first. They say it's a pre-order exclusive when it never is lol. It typically releases 3 - 6 months later for everyone as what both Black Ops 2 &3 did. Treyarch gives a fair amount of freebies out. I don't recall Infinity Ward giving out any DLC that was able to be purchased/pre-ordered. The Terminal 3.0 remake may be the exception.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

• 1 month later...