RotTR Version 1.04 UPDATE

Shinobi

I just thought it would be nice to let everyone know that this game received an update today. Here are the update notes taken from the article I read:

• Improvements to 4K image quality and frame-rate for PS4 Pro
  • Reduced input latency
  • A variety of bug fixes and improved stability

NOTE: The article also mentions that a lot of people have encountered the game crashing after downloading this update. After downloading this update, I can't even get through the main menu without it crashing! If you have already downloaded this update the only known fix at this time is to disconnect your system from the internet. Settings > Network > Connect to the internet (no check mark). If you have yet to download this update, DON'T DO IT!

If it's in the middle of the download, just highlight it and press the x button to pause it. After doing that, you are free to enter the game without the update. But you will have to pause it every time you start the game. (Big Thanks to BlindMango for bringing this to my attention!)

I would also like to mention that if you play the game offline you will not have access to things like credits, cards, challenges and leaderboards! It is not known yet if the game frequently crashing has anything to do with the problems PSN is having now.  

UPDATE (October 22nd 2016): It seems that the problems PSN was having seemed to be the reason people were experiencing frequent crashes in the game after downloading and installing this update. I am happy to report that it seems safe to download this update as people (including me) have not experienced any crashes since PSN came back online. 

Edited by - Cammy -

How am i supposed to finish score attack now, i was using leaderboard card loadouts.  :S

Well gonna play something else while they fix this.

How do you think I feel? I only had one more score attack to do and I would have had my platinum! lol

• Like 1

NOTE: The article also mentions that a lot of people have encountered the game crashing after downloading this update. After downloading this update, I can't even get through the main menu without it crashing! If you have already downloaded this update the only known fix at this time is to disconnect your system from the internet. Settings > Network > Connect to the internet (no check mark). If you have yet to download this update, DON'T DO IT!

You can also go to the downloads section and pause the update by highlighting the update and pressing  :cross:, really useful if you don't want to stay disconnected from the internet (but you'll have to pause it each time you start the game).

You can also go to the downloads section and pause the update by highlighting the update and pressing  :cross:, really useful if you don't want to stay disconnected from the internet (but you'll have to pause it each time you start the game).

That's very true. That is what I meant by saying that if you have yet to fully download the update to not let it finish (by doing what you said).

Edited by - Cammy -
  • Like 1

I just thought it would be nice to let everyone know that this game received an update today. Here are the update notes taken from the article I read:

• Improvements to 4K image quality and frame-rate for PS4 Pro
  • Reduced input latency
  • A variety of bug fixes and improved stability

If it's in the middle of the download, just highlight it and press the x button to pause it. After doing that, you are free to enter the game without the update. But you will have to pause it every time you start the game. (Big Thanks to BlindMango for bringing this to my attention!)

I would also like to mention that if you play the game offline you will not have access to things like credits, cards, challenges and leaderboards! It is not known yet if the game frequently crashing has anything to do with the problems PSN is having now.  

I must be the minority then. Haven't had a single issue, apart from the usual bugs (enemies going into Jesus pose) and no deers spawning in :( (i keep going between geothermal, siberia, and soviet, and get lucky to see just one deer)