Moving to a new server

Sly Ripper

Patience is a virtue -_-

Captain Obvious says generic answer is generic.

The update is the first post.

With all do respect Sly, I've read every post/update.

It just seems like the site has been down 50% of the days for the last 2 months and this most recent hiatus has seen the least amount of communication to the users. The fact that it's new release gaming season only compounds the frustration of not being able to display our accomplishments.

A simple, "I just started the transfer.", "Currently at 46/100gb transfered and we hit a snag." or, "It should be another 12 hours." would have been much more appreciated than the dismissive "Read first post, duh." response.

Edited by effdeegee

It just seems like the site has been down 50% of the days for the last 2 months and this most recent hiatus has seen the least amount of communication to the users. The fact that it's new release gaming season only compounds the frustration of not being able to display our accomplishments.

A simple, "I just started the transfer.", "Currently at 46/100gb transfered and we hit a snag." or, "It should be another 12 hours." would have been much more appreciated than the dismissive "Read first post, duh." response.

The site hasn't been down at all, updating is turned off. Files are unpacking, I don't know how long it will take. There is no lack of communication, I've explained everything in the first post and a few status updates on my profile.

• Like 2

There should be no downtime, once the domain is pointing to the new server, depending on your DNS settings or ISP it could take 30 minutes to 24 hours (48 hours in some cases) before you connect to the new server. A reboot of your viewing device will probably be necessary to clear any DNS cache too.

the updating feature is sorely missed but i'm waiting patiently as i know those things can take time but once things are up and running yet i won't connect to the new server then what exactly rebooting of my viewing device means? :blink:

You haven't read anything. Otherwise you would have known why maintenance was more frequent recently. People who aren't (active) members seem to complain the most :hmm:

You haven't read anything. Otherwise you would have known why maintenance was more frequent recently. People who aren't (active) members seem to complain the most :hmm:

The truth has been spoken, thank the Maker! (I've been playing Dragon Age to much)

But seriously, the people who complain are hardly active with 1-10 post, minimum.

When will I be able to update gamercard then? :)

Once Sly has finished moving servers and doing maintenance.

Can we have an update on the situation, please?

I'm almost done AC3 and my profile looks retarded without the proof.

You'll be just fine. I've earned at least 30 trophies since Sly started moving servers. Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

the updating feature is sorely missed but i'm waiting patiently as i know those things can take time but once things are up and running yet i won't connect to the new server then what exactly rebooting of my viewing device means? :blink:

What exactly would a reboot of the viewing device entail?

If you use your computer/laptop to update your profile, reboot that. If you use your mobile cellphone, reboot that.

If you use your iPad, reboot that.

Sorry if I sound a little stupid, but I assume that is what it means.

Will probably move tomorrow after I wake up...
Transferring the site files now...
Files have been transferred, I'll set them to unpack and go to bed. The move will happen tomorrow if everything looks good...

Do you not understand it? Have you actually read all the above posts? Or did you just posted this without even reading the first post?

Yes, i did. So i am just asking again: Does everything look good? When will it 'probably' be finished

Can't wait to update my profile :P I'm apart of other sites who offer the same service but honestly nothing beats PSNProfiles. I want to check out the 80 trophies I've earned in the downtime :). Hopefully its up when I awake!

Agree. I now reached 1000 trophies (yesterday, now 1010) and I can't wait to check out my trophy log and other stuff.

I'm very, very impatience, but I think I'm doing fine now waiting.