1 Account for PS4 and PS4 pro

StyX_AuT

Hi,

I have a question which was probably asked many times before and I also tried to find answers by searching the internet but couldnt find anything:

I'm planing on buying a PS4 pro this week and still wanna keep my current Ps4 which I want to keep at my girlfriend's place.

I did found similar topics but all of them were about using 1 Account on 2 Systems simultaniously which I obviously cant do. I'll be the only one using both Systems. So my question is: Can I have my Account on both Systems and still earn trophies and play my games? Or will I face any problems by doing so?

Thx a lot!

Hi,

I have a question which was probably asked many times before and I also tried to find answers by searching the internet but couldnt find anything:

I'm planing on buying a PS4 pro this week and still wanna keep my current Ps4 which I want to keep at my girlfriend's place.

I did found similar topics but all of them were about using 1 Account on 2 Systems simultaniously which I obviously cant do. I'll be the only one using both Systems. So my question is: Can I have my Account on both Systems and still earn trophies and play my games? Or will I face any problems by doing so?

Thx a lot!

No worries! A psn account can be used on more than one unit. You can see your current units under your account on the pswebsite!

You can either have 1 console set as primary and simply log in to the other, this makes all games unlocked on all accounts using the primary console and all the games available at the same time on the unit you are signed into.

You can share the games with your girlfriend and play them with her online at the same time this way.

Just remember, which ever unit you ever sign into, while you are signed in, can use your games even if it is not set to a primary unit.

Edited by anton1453

Can I have my Account on both Systems and still earn trophies and play my games? Or will I face any problems by doing so?

Yes, you can, however, can be activated as primary in only one of the system. Both will work on the same PSN ID, but you cannot have a simultaneous login, that is, if you login to your Pro, and PS4 is turned on, it will automatically log you out of the Pro. Hope that helps.

Edit: And yes, both consoles will save your trophy information, just sync it to the cloud and you are done.

Edited by dev2610
  • Like 1

When it comes to logging in on the non-primary PS4 you have to be connected to PSN at all times. If you're not constantly connected to the internet you'll be locked out of playing your games and apps. This isn't the case with the PS3 which sucks.

that's when you are trying to access a game bought from, let's say, B account through your A account but your PS4 is not activated as the primary console for the B account. When you are trying to access anything bought from A account via the same A account, (primary or non-primary, like passive account), it doesn't lock out any stuff.

Edit: *Never experienced something like this, I have another account added on my console, however, a link posted below in a comment proves otherwise. I cannot go through the entire thread to understand what really happened but seems it is quite possible*

Edited by dev2610
  • Like 1

Thanks A lot for the replies!

So I assume the best way is to set up my Pro as my primary System (as I will use it more often than my ps4 at my gf's place) and use the normal ps4 as my secondary System and will be able to log in on both Systems as usual.

Did I get that right?

Thanks A lot for the replies!

So I assume the best way is to set up my Pro as my primary System (as I will use it more often than my ps4 at my gf's place) and use the normal ps4 as my secondary System and will be able to log in on both Systems as usual.

Did I get that right?

If your girlfriend plays games bought with your account, you'll have to do it the other way around. I don't have two ps4s yet, but as I understand it (and also explained above), anyone can play the games bought with your account in the ps4 set as your primary, and only your account can play your games on any other ps4.

If you're planning to play a game at home and then continue at your girlfriend's place, you'll probably have to take along your save games on some usb device or save them in the plus cloud if you have plus (you don't appear to do so though). Save games are stored on the local hard drive.

Edited by de_digibeet

that's when you are trying to access a game bought from, let's say, B account through your A account but your PS4 is not activated as the primary console for the B account. When you are trying to access anything bought from A account via the same A account, (primary or non-primary, like passive account), it doesn't lock out any stuff.

Actually, it does in certain circumstances: if PS4 is activated as primary device for account B and while playing via account A digital game bought from the same A account the console cannot connect to the server to verify the license, this game will be locked in 15 min even for its owner A. Only games from account B, which is set as primary owner of device, will be accessible for both A and B accounts any time, online or offline. And disc copies of course.

Edited by Se7en_Rus

Actually, it does in certain circumstances: if PS4 is activated as primary device for account B and while playing via account A digital game bought from the same A account the console cannot connect to the server to verify the license, this game will be locked in 15 min even for its owner A. Only games from account B, which is set as primary owner of device, will be accessible for both A and B accounts any time, online or offline. And disc copies of course.

Never experienced this to happen, personally

If your girlfriend plays games bought with your account, you'll have to do it the other way around. I don't have two ps4s yet, but as I understand it (and also explained above), anyone can play the games bought with your account in the ps4 set as your primary, and only your account can play your games on any other ps4.

If you're planning to play a game at home and then continue at your girlfriend's place, you'll probably have to take along your save games on some usb device or save them in the plus cloud if you have plus (you don't appear to do so though). Save games are stored on the local hard drive.

I do have Plus so that's what I am planning to do.

Lets Say I play Game A at home on my Pro then upload my save to the cloud, then take the disc of said game to my gf, download the save on my old ps4 there and continue playing with that file (both with the same profile)

As both of us have fast Internet conncetion (200mbit at my place, 150 at hers) that should not be a problem.

Edit: just for clarification: as some of you are mentioning using different accounts: my Profile is the only one on both Systems. No other profiles are using the Systems.

Edited by StyX_AuT

Edit: just for clarification: as some of you are mentioning using different accounts: my Profile is the only one on both Systems. No other profiles are using the Systems.

That's the point I am trying to explain, you won't be locked out because there is no other account that you're adding, you can game freely on both the systems, as long as you are accessing the games you have bought on your account

• Like 1

That's the point I am trying to explain, you won't be locked out because there is no other account that you're adding, you can game freely on both the systems, as long as you are accessing the games you have bought on your account

That's what I wanted to hear.

I also asked the Same question in another forum and someone told me I have to deactivate each console as my primary everytime I want to use the other one. So that's wrong then I assume?

That's what I wanted to hear.

I also asked the Same question in another forum and someone told me I have to deactivate each console as my primary everytime I want to use the other one. So that's wrong then I assume?

So let me admit, although, I know it is wrong thing to do.

I personally use a friend's ID to play a couple of games he bought digitally and for me to download and play, he has allowed me to set my PS4 as his primary while removing his own, I game on my PS4, however, as soon as he logs in, I am logged out and he continues with his own ID playing all random online multiplayer shooters. It works because I have used and telling you based on my experience, you don't have to alternate between the consoles setting each as the primary everytime you play on it.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Personally I think Sony should allow us the option of setting two primary accounts, the current situation isn't particularly family friendly.   I also don't think there is anything wrong with game sharing whatsoever, we're talking digital purchases here obviously, and being able to play co-op or at least simultaneously is the only 'real' benefit to it.   As opposed to physical media which can still be shared, albeit singularly but numerously, traded, sold, collected etc...   I've said it before on here, if Sony, or the industry, really want to push digital media then allow us the option to legally game share with maybe 4 (pick an acceptable figure) family and/or friends, otherwise, and especially given the poor pricing of most digital, it's not beneficial to the gamer, or not ideal.   I buy both physical and digital, physical I lend and have many options with, digital I game share with one other, but once we're finished with it it's pretty much gone into the ether, leaving little trace I even 'own' (licence) the media, no trading, no selling, no further lending, no collecting...   Give us better digital options Sony, at which point the current pricing might become acceptable.

As to accounts, yes, under one account on two PS's there is the possibility to be locked out on the non-primary console, but only when there's a loss of internet connection, has happened to me a few times and as stated, the non-primary acc. won't be able to verify the licence hence 'so long and thanks for the padlock Sony!'.   There are other minor issues with being non-primary, like no remote play, no auto uploads to the cloud and other inconveniences, which is further to why I say the current situation isn't very friendly.

Also worth noting, any account on your primary PS4 can access your games and PS+. So your GF can play MP with you at her place while you're logged into your account on the secondary PS4 at your home. So basically it's a great way to play co-op / MP games by buying a digital PS4 game once vs two discs and two PS+ subscriptions.

I do this with two PS4s currently - the primary PS4 is set to the kids console downstairs while I play games on the secondary PS4 upstairs. They can play whatever games they want on their own PSN accounts downstairs, I just need to be logged into the PSN on my ID to do the same upstairs. We all have full access to my PSN library and PS+ at the same time, as long as I buy games on my PSN account and they're not logged into my ID.

Edited by ant1th3s1s