Let's Finish: Demon Gaze

11 hours ago, Myu said:

Here is my current gear. I'm right before the final boss and I get my butt kicked a few turns after the boss reaches his second transformation. I haven't used a guide so the stats of my party members are probably not where they should be, that's the first thing I want to improve. I really have to familiarize myself with this game again :)

Hide contents

56559220161211114306.jpg

37815120161211114316.jpg

92476720161211114333.jpg

29504420161211114345.jpg

22879720161211114355.jpg

24984420161211114409.jpg

24030020161211114422.jpg

46880320161211114432.jpg

25524920161211114442.jpg

64572420161211114455.jpg

Here are the artifacts I currently have :

True Snipe / Divine Body / Ballista Shot / Mars Bane / Carnage EX / Rising Hit / Slash 3 / Enhance Heal / Enhance Magic / Holy Set / Fast Cast / Mana Heal 2

Ok, first thing I recommend is to make the Gazer a dual-wielder, so get the Dual Wield artefact for him (replace it with God Arms during post-game). That drastically increases his damage, which in turn makes demons (especially Mars) more powerful. You already have his agility to at least 25, so that removes the damage penalty on the left hand. With 2 weapons an attack like Jupiter Bane will hit 10 times. If you have a weapon that hits twice per attack, it's even more. I had a Dark Angel Sword (post-game weapon) that hit twice, so combined with the True Demon Slayer that's 15 hits with Jupiter Bane. I also recommend to give him the Slash 3 artefact, which attacks every enemy in the first 3 rows. Using either of those attacks will also restore the Demon Gauge a lot, so you can keep demons summoned for longer periods of time. I'm not sure how your formation is, but the Gazer should've learned Astro Force at lvl 28, meaning he can attack any enemy from anywhere, so put him on the back row.

The Paladin should be the only one on the front row and should never attack, just focus on defending. Put all her stat point into Vitality until you reach the cap, afterwards I put stats into luck and agility.

I have no experience with the Fighter, but my advice would be to give him the Astro Force artefact, move him to the back row, and also get the Slash 2 artefact. After getting the God Arms, you could give the Dual-Wield to the FIghter.

I used the Assassin as a debuffer, so she hid and used Cross Fix to seal enemy movement for 3 turns, which needs a high luck stat to be successful regularly. All her points went into Luck and Agility. But I see you're using her as a ranged attacker, so she should be on the back row. I'd give her Slash 1. It's your choice whether or not you want to level her up and put points into luck, if you choose to do so, take the demon Venus with you, she increases exp and gold obtained from enemies.

The Healer should already be on the back row too. I'd give her the Aegis Shield that the Gazer currently has, max out Myst first to increase the amount of health healed with spells. If you have a Healing Staff (one is sold in the inn's shop), equip it as the alternate weapon. This weapon can be used as an infinite healing item and the only reason I recommend to equip it is so you don't accidentally sell/destroy it. You can use the staff even when the Healer is using the Set A weapons.

Another useful artefact is Hunter's Eye, which reveals the enemy's health bar.

I hope you'll find this useful. For more information about the artefact locations and my setup, check the links in the OP.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

27 minutes ago, Myu said:

Thank you so much for helping me! I'll get the artifacts you mentioned and I'll improve the right stats before attempting to beat the final boss again!

I'll take new screenshots once everything will be in order!

No problem :D . I forgot to mention that I gave my healer an artefact that allows her to use the same item 5 times in a row, which I used for the Healing Staff. When farming artefacts, save before using artefact gems, as it's random which ones you get.

47 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

So I'm guessing that dual wielding isn't as useful in the beginning, right?  I lucked out and already have the artifact, but I've been equipping my gazer with a bow since at my early point in the game, those are doing the best damage.

Yeah, the Gazer has a damage penalty to the left hand until his agility is 25 and he's vulnerable on the front row until he learns Astro Force at lvl 28. Then he can move to the back row.

Preparing my party for the final boss (mostly farming fuel for the Ether Mill).

Sadly, despite my multiple and very desperate attempts, I've falied to escape the accursed Red String, and it's currently holding me by the neck.

In some regard it's like the Soul Cradle all over again, dammit... This time I won't be able to burn all...

43 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Sadly, despite my multiple and very desperate attempts, I've falied to escape the accursed Red String, and it's currently holding me by the neck.

In some regard it's like the Soul Cradle all over again, dammit... This time I won't be able to burn all...

That was fast. What is the Red String?

I'm done with the story mode. Now excuse me, I'll be in a corner screaming, because the plot took one of my most painful Berserk Buttons and freaking pummelled it in the ground. Ugh.

Spoiler

The demon turns human, redeemed by the power of (forced) loooooove and frieeeeeeendship. There is nothing more painful than seeing your jailor (because that's what Fran is, and there won't be even a drop of affection for her in the depths of my black soul, ever!) run you through with the sword, tear your soul in two (yes, I wear my key, but its not the saaamee), and then be like "sorry I didn't ask your permission". I rather would've died.

2 hours ago, NetEntity said:

I'm done with the story mode. Now excuse me, I'll be in a corner screaming, because the plot took one of my most painful Berserk Buttons and freaking pummelled it in the ground. Ugh.

Hide contents

The demon turns human, redeemed by the power of (forced) loooooove and frieeeeeeendship. There is nothing more painful than seeing your jailor (because that's what Fran is, and there won't be even a drop of affection for her in the depths of my black soul, ever!) run you through with the sword, tear your soul in two (yes, I wear my key, but its not the saaamee), and then be like "sorry I didn't ask your permission". I rather would've died.

Lol :lol: ,

Spoiler

now that your black soul has been separated, you'll accept love :P .

Spoiler

Oooh no, I won't allow this little lizard to achieve her foolish happily-ever-after ending. She dragged me into this mess aganist my will. If just I could to break out of the plot constraints, I would've mended my both halves together again and then proceded to have her head on a platter.

With the power of two remaining demons and then some, I would've become powerful enough to replace Father! Not that I yearn for the total world destruction.... no-no, this is certainly not an another Prodesto case, though it's close, with the story shackles added... but I would've certainly tried my hand at killing off the Dragon King and everyone who'll dare to stand in my way. These scaly bastards basically made me to cut my whole family down, don't mind if I'll do the same to them. I loathe being controlled like this. Revenge is a serious business.

.... No offence.

3 hours ago, NetEntity said:
  Hide contents

Oooh no, I won't allow this little lizard to achieve her foolish happily-ever-after ending. She dragged me into this mess aganist my will. If just I could to break out of the plot constraints, I would've mended my both halves together again and then proceded to have her head on a platter.

With the power of two remaining demons and then some, I would've become powerful enough to replace Father! Not that I yearn for the total world destruction.... no-no, this is certainly not an another Prodesto case, though it's close, with the story shackles added... but I would've certainly tried my hand at killing off the Dragon King and everyone who'll dare to stand in my way. These scaly bastards basically made me to cut my whole family down, don't mind if I'll do the same to them. I loathe being controlled like this. Revenge is a serious business.

.... No offence.

Somehow I suddenly completely understand why you were separated :P .

Went to the God's Eden yesterday and tried my luck with the circles. First circle, Artifact + Gold + Artifact + Gold = got both God's Arms and Omega Set right away. Second circle - Katana + Gold + Gold + Increase 2 = got Muramasa. Third circle - same setup as the second = got Big Muramasa. 

Now I have everything I need with no grinding at all! The RNGesus himself smiled upon me! The end is nigh! Soon, Quazar will fall, the world will burn, and the plat will be mine! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NetEntity said:

Went to the God's Eden yesterday and tried my luck with the circles. First circle, Artifact + Gold + Artifact + Gold = got both God's Arms and Omega Set right away. Second circle - Katana + Gold + Gold + Increase 2 = got Muramasa. Third circle - same setup as the second = got Big Muramasa. 

Now I have everything I need with no grinding at all! The RNGesus himself smiled upon me! The end is nigh! Soon, Quazar will fall, the world will burn, and the plat will be mine! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

Wow, you must be the luckiest Demon Gaze player ever :o . I had to farm for a few hours to get both Muramasa blades. I do recommend to use lots of nameless gems too to get some great S-rank equipment. Oh and keep in mind Quasar doesn't know how to play fair nor how the turn-based combat system works <_<.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:13 AM, NetEntity said:

Is this one of those anime-type games where romance = sex? I have a bit of a squick nerve when it comes to sexy-time games even if sex isn't explicit but there is some partial nudity(like in Conception II).

I just don't want people to think I'm a intentional pervert. I've platinumed Criminal Girls but tried to avoid the stigma.

Still, sorry you can't go demonic and kill everyone, but then again, most RPGs have Act of God powers to prevent you from doing what you want. If you really want to burn everyone, I suggest playing inFAMOUS Second Son and going for that plat. You can suffer the first path of having to be good and nice and then in your second run you can DESTROY EVERYONE. :devil:

32 minutes ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Is this one of those anime-type games where romance = sex? I have a bit of a squick nerve when it comes to sexy-time games even if sex isn't explicit but there is some partial nudity(like in Conception II).

There's no sex, though in the epilogue they have a child. IIRC the most they show is a kiss :hmm: .

Just now, DetectiveCJ said:

I just don't want people to think I'm a intentional pervert. I've platinumed Criminal Girls but tried to avoid the stigma.

Still, sorry you can't go demonic and kill everyone, but then again, most RPGs have Act of God powers to prevent you from doing what you want. If you really want to burn everyone, I suggest playing inFAMOUS Second Son and going for that plat. You can suffer the first path of having to be good and nice and then in your second run you can DESTROY EVERYONE. :devil:

There is some fanservice and partial nudity (that's why like 99% of DG players fill their parties with female characters), and you are heavily railroaded into the romance. Fran calls the shots on everything. She called me out twice or thrice for not cooperating with her stupid romantic fantasies, and when the time came, she didn't allow me to even get a say.

And hoo boy I hate when someone does that to me. Being controlled like this is what makes me to go demonic, not's just the simple want to watch the world burn.

I don't have a PS4, so no Second Son for me, though I have the first two games and the Festival of Blood in my backlog. Still need to play them...

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

There's no sex, though in the epilogue they have a child. IIRC the most they show is a kiss :hmm: .

It's heavily implied that they do the thing the night before she boots the MC off to fight the final boss.

Guess who've just bested Quasar?

I couldn't help but notice that many of the God's Eden equips are anti-Dragon... and I was given a certain time-warping gift... Hm-hm, it seems that universe itself is giving me all I need to exact my revenge~ :awesome:

Anyway, I'm done! Only need to hold back the rent, a fitting last trophy considering my burning hate for Fran.

Will pop it on Feb 22nd, cause Vita bday.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Guess who've just bested Quasar?

I couldn't help but notice that many of the God's Eden equips are anti-Dragon... and I was given a certain time-warping gift... Hm-hm, it seems that universe itself is giving me all I need to exact my revenge~ :awesome:

Anyway, I'm done! Only need to hold back the rent, a fitting last trophy considering my burning hate for Fran.

Will pop it on Feb 22nd, cause Vita bday.

Nice, congrats :yay: . And going back in time won't change anything in the story, it's just a way to start NG+ and be OP :awesome: . That was also the trophy I saved for last during the first Plat Rain Day :highfive: . Please post here again after popping the plat and I'll add you to the hall of fame.

Well, now that I got the platinum in the game I was playing while at work and the winter backlog challenge started, I got back to this game.  Seriously, with how slow it is, I can't go without something to play at work and more grindy games like dungeon crawlers are great.

And some grinding and farming for more gear and strengthening stuff later I finally beat the Midgard Heads.  I apparently have amazing luck with artifact gems because now I have the divine body one too and that helped a lot.  That and Mars went nuts with her chainsaw after I lucked out and knocked out the first head.

Now on to figuring out how in the heck to access the Star Curtain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Well, now that I got the platinum in the game I was playing while at work and the winter backlog challenge started, I got back to this game.  Seriously, with how slow it is, I can't go without something to play at work and more grindy games like dungeon crawlers are great.

And some grinding and farming for more gear and strengthening stuff later I finally beat the Midgard Heads.  I apparently have amazing luck with artifact gems because now I have the divine body one too and that helped a lot.  That and Mars went nuts with her chainsaw after I lucked out and knocked out the first head.

Now on to figuring out how in the heck to access the Star Curtain.

Lol, nice congrats :yay: .

IIRC you need Chronos' ability to nullify floor traps to make things a lot easier in the Star Curtain ... oh and one great tip: if you see a treasure chest near a pool of water, save the game first. You do not want to open it after making lots of progress...