What Multiplayer do you concider the most underated?

Fugl7

The most underrated I've played is Uncharted 4. It's a blast to play. I put about 15 hours into the MP Beta alone before the game even released. I'm amazed Naughty Dog haven't added any DLC trophies yet.

It's good, but it's not good enough, and there's plenty of objective weird technical design decisions like the formal no leveling up system. The leveling up system that's present now is still not visible to other people you play against. Then there's the lack of modes, nerfed customization, weaker level design, etc. U4's MP is still heavily outclassed by U3's. U4 is already going to follow the trend of becoming greatness or at its peak when it gets all its added content, a trend with games now gen (feeling satisfying or sufficient once the dlc content is added). If you played the MP as much as I did from launch to before the game got its first mattered dlc, you'd realize it was boring, bland, and repetitive. It's underrated for the right reasons, and it's still too early for extension MP trophies (we don't even have coop yet, not enough dlc to even warrant new trophies now).

• Like 1

A lot of awesome suggestions here guys! I'll have to check some of these out to see what I've missed out on:) Would like to add Bioshock 2 and Quantum of Solace to my list aswell after going through my games once more. 

M.A.G is underated way back in time. Not a much selling title but you where able on ps3 to play 128 vs 128 players there are big companies that are not able to get it done on ps4

Wanted to try this back in the day, but sadly i'd skipped it from my list of games to play... 

Though not the most underrated, Watch Dogs' Invasion was tense and great. 

I loved slipping into people's games just to watch them flail about trying to find me as I sat inside a bush. :)

Totally! Watch Dogs Invasion and tailing for that matter was the games highlights. Can't wait to see what they have done in WD2.

It's been a long time, but I remember enjoying the multiplayer of BioShock 2 and Singularity quite a bit back in the day. I couldn't even tell you why since it was like 6 or 7 years ago, but I played them over the much more popular multiplayer games at the time, so there must of been something about them I found fun. :P

Another one would be Binary Domain's invasion mode (I see it's already been mentioned). It was so fun playing with friends and planning out your strategies. There were some really intense moments. I remember times where only one of us was left standing, yet somehow we pulled through to the next wave. It was an incredible feeling.

Bioshock is an absolutely gem when it comes to MP. Love Bioshock and when they put it in a MP you almost fell the chaos that Rapture was when it broke apart! It put a neat touch to the universe!

• Oh, definitely BioShock 2... Fascists vs. Parasites!
  • Then there's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - god damn it, I really enjoyed this game. I still play it from time to time.
  • Far Cry Instincts. This was the only shooter that interested me on my Xbox Classic. I tried Halo back then, but this was just way more fun!
  • I'm not sure if I should put Left 4 Dead 2 and The Last of Us on this list, but the MP of these games are just fantastic!

There's a game I've not heard off in a long time. Rainbow six vegas 2. Spent so much time on this back in the day and I'd hoped they brought back some of that atmosphere back to the series with Siege! Also agrees with Bioshock 2.

Easily Uncharted 3. All you here is criticism about the game's MP, balance, guns, shooting controls, etc, but in reality, this is still the best Uncharted MP to date. Uncharted 4 has a long ways to go before it surpasses U3.

Nonsense.... especially with game's single player experience that plays exactly the same in MP. MP in this game is hella fun. PS4 desperately needs a ported version but with ALL the content the PS3 version didn't get. Easily one of the best indies I've played. Game is the epitome of satisfying game-play and pure fun.

One of my favorite games on the PS3 right there. Spent between 300-400 hours playing it and both competitive and Co-op was fantastic. It built on U2's fantastic multiplayer and made it even better. Map where great, weapons where great and i'd loved the easy kickback system they had and even if a lot of people didn't liked them because of the drop out of game rate i'd really liked the cinematic opening sequences they had in the beginning. Off topic, i'm probably on of a very few who liked the trophies they added.

When it comes to if the online portion is underated i'm not sure as it has/had a huge community even though I see why you see it that way as it got a lot of hate for some reason. 

The most underrated I've played is Uncharted 4. It's a blast to play. I put about 15 hours into the MP Beta alone before the game even released. I'm amazed Naughty Dog haven't added any DLC trophies yet.

You should have played the former two multiplayer m8. Those where something. Me myself didn't fell in love with it at all and haven't touched it since the first month after it's release. It's too lacking in to many areas. Still exciting for the upcoming coop though:) But glad you loved it! 

It's good, but it's not good enough, and there's plenty of objective weird technical design decisions like the formal no leveling up system. The leveling up system that's present now is still not visible to other people you play against. Then there's the lack of modes, nerfed customization, weaker level design, etc. U4's MP is still heavily outclassed by U3's. U4 is already going to follow the trend of becoming greatness or at its peak when it gets all its added content, a trend with games now gen (feeling satisfying or sufficient once the dlc content is added). If you played the MP as much as I did from launch to before the game got its first mattered dlc, you'd realize it was boring, bland, and repetitive. It's underrated for the right reasons, and it's still too early for extension MP trophies (we don't even have coop yet, not enough dlc to even warrant new trophies now).

It's a shadow of U3's fantastic MP and i'm agreeing on the pointers you pointed out. It also felt like they tried to make it a hybrid between Uncharted and TLo. Gameplay wise anyway. I love them both, but when i'm playing Uncharted, i want the good old feeling and identity of it. Downs and kills made it to exhausting to play in competitive for me and took the edge of it IMO. Hope your'e right and it becomes great after all the content is released. 

Though not the most underrated, Watch Dogs' Invasion was tense and great. 

I loved slipping into people's games just to watch them flail about trying to find me as I sat inside a bush. :)

The thing is though, a different game series had an invasion system before Watch Dogs, that being Demon's Souls and Dark Souls I and II (won't say Dark Souls III or Bloodborne as they were released afterwards), so that could be why it didn't get more notice than it perhaps should have, but I agree these sort of invasion systems are a good way to mess with someone's head, sometimes watching the other player in a blind panic trying to find you is far more fun  :devil: .