What Multiplayer do you concider the most underated?

Fugl7

Couldn't find any topic regaring underated MP. I'm just wondering what people concider aa a good underated online experience. With underated I mean what you liked that didn't got well received by alot of other people. What's your best experience and what made it so good?

I want to mention two games myself that many concider bad:

Batman Arkham Orgins. The servers aside it had an original concept which lead to some interesting battles between 2 teams of thugs and Batman & Robin.

Homefront. I honestly don't know how this got so bad recieved. It's by far not perfect and if you look away from the server issues it had some brilliant ideas and the gameplay was solid. It was a refreshing take on the FFS genre.

Mass Effect 3.

It was really popular but I still feel it was criminally underrated. It has so much depth and replayability that's it's mind boggling. The massive amount of free dlc Bioware released for it was amazing. Even the gameplay itself was fast paced and addicting as hell.

It was pretty popular and it's still really active to this day but I don't think it got nearly the praise it deserved. I can't wait to see what they do with Andromeda's multiplayer.

Edited by KingGuy420

It's been a long time, but I remember enjoying the multiplayer of BioShock 2 and Singularity quite a bit back in the day. I couldn't even tell you why since it was like 6 or 7 years ago, but I played them over the much more popular multiplayer games at the time, so there must of been something about them I found fun. :P

Another one would be Binary Domain's invasion mode (I see it's already been mentioned). It was so fun playing with friends and planning out your strategies. There were some really intense moments. I remember times where only one of us was left standing, yet somehow we pulled through to the next wave. It was an incredible feeling.

• Like 2

Crash Commando. It was one of the first PSN games iirc, and you rarely hear anyone talk about the game. I played the crap out of it. I rarely play MP games, but that game was a blast. And it was awesome to look into the background and see other players moving around and fighting each other and trying to move between both lanes and survive. That's why I like trophies, they remind you of things a lot better than some purchase list you can't ever hope to scroll through.

• Oh, definitely BioShock 2... Fascists vs. Parasites!

Then there's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - god damn it, I really enjoyed this game. I still play it from time to time.

Far Cry Instincts. This was the only shooter that interested me on my Xbox Classic. I tried Halo back then, but this was just way more fun!

I'm not sure if I should put Left 4 Dead 2 and The Last of Us on this list, but the MP of these games are just fantastic!

• Like 1

FIFA Multiplayer is amazing. Most people don't like it, but I like playing with other people around the world, scoring goals, getting defeated, it's just awesome experience for me B).

What I do hate is Call of Duty Multiplayer, while others love it. I love CoD itself, but the MP is just not my favorite, unless I'm going for a trophy.

• Like 1

Easily Uncharted 3. All you here is criticism about the game's MP, balance, guns, shooting controls, etc, but in reality, this is still the best Uncharted MP to date. Uncharted 4 has a long ways to go before it surpasses U3.

Invasion mode on Binary Domain
Castle Crashers
Shoot Many Robots

I think many who have tried those games would agree, they just flew under the radar for most people. However, there one game's online co-op that a lot of people are luke warm about but my friends and I loved:
Neverdead
So much damn fun.

Nonsense.... especially with game's single player experience that plays exactly the same in MP. MP in this game is hella fun. PS4 desperately needs a ported version but with ALL the content the PS3 version didn't get. Easily one of the best indies I've played. Game is the epitome of satisfying game-play and pure fun.

• Like 1

I think Rogue Warrior had potential to be a great multiplayer, it was pretty basic and even when boosting it was a lot of fun.

I think it's main problem was though that it was a region locked multiplayer and the fact it wasn't a AAA game (I don't think it was anyway).

Also I thought Medal of Honor 2010 multiplayer was pretty good, I remember really enjoying it anyway.

Oh and I'm not sure if it was underrated but Metal Gear Online was so much fun on the sky launchers, so much fun.

Mass Effect 3.

I put over 815 hours into it (this was before I was a trophy hunter). Even with all the glitches it was still the best multiplayer mode I've played yet.  

Tomb Raider.

I was good for what it was and I wish they would have kept it in Rise of the Tomb Raider and just make it better.

Bioshock 2. Using plasmids online was just great, especially when you get used to freezing people and lining up a headshot with the cross-bow. Usually an insta-kill from what I remember. Fun times. It was nice to play as a splicer and not some generic soldier, not that that is a bad thing.

Singularity was great, extermination was a lot of fun.

AC Brotherhood. I had a great time playing it, trying to pick out your target who was blending into a crowd was sometimes tough, but you also had to blend in and not give yourself away. Poison was awesome, they would try running away but die a few seconds later.

Resistance 2. Killzone 2 and 3. Crysis 2.

Kinda wish I still had a PS3, although the servers would be dead now, if they aren't taken down completely by now. 

• Like 2

Bioshock 2, loved playing the multiplayer, tho trying to go from level 30 to 40 was hell, especially with MP bascially being dead when I tried to get the MP done...

Bulletstorm, while the online certainly needed more modes then 1, the one it had did work out really well, but only if you managed to get into a game where people actually understood what it was all about...And that was seldom the case...

Unreal Tournament, i'm a bit dissapointed in myself that I didn't get to play this game more and ended up solo grinding the MP with bots most of the time... Because when I played the MP with other people it was a blast.

Maybe these games represents my bias towards corridor shooters  xD