Winter Backlog Challenge (December 15, 2016-February 28, 2017)

Since this has started, here's my current progress on each:

1. Megatagmension Blanc Vs. Zombies (EU) - 0%

2. Superdimension Neptune Vs. Sega Hard Girls (NA) - 0%

3. Megadimension Neptunia VII (Korean) - 4%

4. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart (JP) - 16%

5. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 (JP) - 15%

Going through the English version of VII right now since I'm just about done with it and then I'll start on one of the event games (most likely the Korean version of VII).

10 hours ago, dizzyshadow said:

A bit late but i'd like to join as well, given how badly the autumn challenge went for me i'll try and keep it easy for now, my list:

Adam's Venture Chronicles

Tokyo Jungle

Color Guardians

Everybody's gone to Rapture

Coffin Dodgers

I'll add more later if i have time.

Added, but note you can't change anything on the list.

Nice! Another update!

1. inFamous: Second Son (67% - 32/48)
  2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (0% - 0/37)
  4. Cast of the Seven Godsends - Redux (0% - 0/23)
  5. Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (0% - 0/17)
  6. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (9% - 7/54)
  7. Song of the Deep (15% - 3/10)
  8. Final Fantasy Type-0 (4% - 3/50)

Third game on my PIKACHU Project. Ugh, I like the story about a golem made of floating parts fighting goblins with tanks, but UGH! I didn't realize there would be Crystal Farming involved. As of such I spent six hours on the first five chapters in hard difficulty and have died. A LOT. I'm glad there are infinite respawns, a la Jak and Daxter, but my GEEZ are the enemies unpredictable, brutal, or both. Anyways, will finish the story and just call the idea of getting 50% right away quits if I don't so I can get to work on Game #4, Adventures of Mana, before Christmas. (Although I should worry about my Vita games when I leave for the weekend to celebrate Christmas so I won't be able to play my PS4 for a couple of days.)

Update!

1. Tekken Tag Tournament HD- 18%

2. Battlefield 1- 15%

3. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness- 14%

4. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition- 5%

5. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection- 5%

6. Senran Kagura Estival Versus- 1%

7. Plague Inc. Evolved- 14%

8. Day of the Tentacle Remastered- 12%

9. The Darkness II- 0%

10. Saturday Morning RPG- 0%

11. Strider- 0%

12. Mirrors Edge Catalyst- 13%

13. Titanfall 2- 0% 

14. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy- 0% 100%

15. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Editon- 0%

One game down, 14 more to go. Since I couldn't really decide what to start on I just went with using a randomizer and Jak and Daxter was the choice it made. Game was pretty much a nostalgia trip so it was great from beginning to end. Kinda funny tho how I thought it was a really long game when I was younger, but in reality it only takes like 6-7 hours to finish it lol. 

7 hours ago, Triicky913 said:

Update!

1. Tekken Tag Tournament HD- 18%

2. Battlefield 1- 15%

3. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness- 14%

4. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition- 5%

5. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection- 5%

6. Senran Kagura Estival Versus- 1%

7. Plague Inc. Evolved- 14%

8. Day of the Tentacle Remastered- 12%

9. The Darkness II- 0%

10. Saturday Morning RPG- 0%

11. Strider- 0%

12. Mirrors Edge Catalyst- 13%

13. Titanfall 2- 0% 

14. Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy- 0% 100%

15. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Editon- 0%

One game down, 14 more to go. Since I couldn't really decide what to start on I just went with using a randomizer and Jak and Daxter was the choice it made. Game was pretty much a nostalgia trip so it was great from beginning to end. Kinda funny tho how I thought it was a really long game when I was younger, but in reality it only takes like 6-7 hours to finish it lol. 

Okay... you've got me beat with 90% more games in your list. I hope you can finish them all. Then again, Jak and Daxter isn't actually that hard to 100% if you are good at platformers. Of course, every list needs a bottom rung of an easy game. Speaking of...

1. inFamous: Second Son (75% - 37/48)
  2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (0% - 0/37)
  5. Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (100% - 17/17)

I know I completely threw out my plan for a sequence of games but Hitman GO is so dang easy when you have the solutions handed to you. I felt dirty completing it, but it was pretty decent in graphics and a great game for a few hours even if I am not a fan of the Hitman games. Got it finished in three hours(one hour on, six hours off due to church and more*) and deleted it from my Vita(it was a digital download from the Playstation store for $7.99).

*And more means starting on my Good Run of InFAMOUS Second Son. I had gotten to the mission where you have to locate Fetch but I stopped playing; I was going to platinum run it and knock out two plats so I could give the game to a friend for Christmas; turns out he already played that game so there was no point continuing the game. I'll finish the Good Run tomorrow or Tuesday morning(I have a dentist appointment Tuesday afternoon to put in a permanent crown, so I'll be in the chair for a good two hours at beast) but not tonight. Also, after finding out about the Crystal Conundrum in Knack, I am not interested in continuing to play the game right now. It'll be busy this week(holidays, spending the weekend with my little sister in Houston so won't be near the PS4 for Thursday and Friday) so the only games I might be playing are my Pokemon games or anything on the Vita in the later part of the week. We'll see. I won't abandon this list so easily. ;)

Is Stardew Valley any good? I saw a trailer for it on the Store but I wasn't really into the Harvest Moon series. Would this game change my mind? If so, I'd like to try it. :)

Oh yeah, plan to get the 100% on inFAMOUS: Second Son sometime this week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, since I will be away from the PS4 this Thursday and Friday morning due to Christmas gifting at my little sister's house in Houston. Then I'll try to focus on the "other" games, like Casts of the Seven Godsends. UGH. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ

3 minutes ago, DetectiveCJ said:

Is Stardew Valley any good? I saw a trailer for it on the Store but I wasn't really into the Harvest Moon series. Would this game change my mind? If so, I'd like to try it. :)

Oh yeah, plan to get the 100% on inFAMOUS: Second Son sometime this week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday, since I will be away from the PS4 this Thursday and Friday morning due to Christmas gifting at my little sister's house in Houston. Then I'll try to focus on the "other" games, like Casts of the Seven Godsends. UGH. :(

It's more of a mixture of Rune Tide with the combat and Harvest Moon, rather than a straight homage to Harvest Moon. There's a lot of gameplay videos on youtube if you're not too sure about it

2 hours ago, DetectiveCJ said:

You could always do it in the spring if you want.

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 16% -> 17%

I'm starting to remember why I barely made progress in this game. It's not so much the lily rank grind at the end as it is everything else. That said, I'll try to go for at least a chapter a day, if not more. Just did Chapter 3, so that leaves me five more chapters until I reach the final chapter and I can start on all of the grinding.

Edited by Walt the Dog

On 11/25/2016 at 2:52 PM, ladynadiad said:

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14% (10 out of 51 trophies)
2. Demon Gaze 13% (9 out of 41 trophies)
3. TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll 11% 20% (13 out of 42 trophies)
4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir 0%
5. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)
6. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 8% (6 out of 55 trophies)
7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 0%
8. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness 0%
9. Tales of Graces f 0%

Not a ton of progress to report, just 5 more trophies in Trinity and a bit of progress in Cold Steel II, but nothing that would earn me a trophy yet.  Still, getting to chapter 3 in Trinity is good progress since a few trophies become doable to earn there and I no longer need to hoard money.

Short update before Christmas tidings:

1. inFamous: Second Son (75% - 37/48)
  2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (22% - 0/37)

I jumped into my other Vita offering, which is actually an HD remake of Final Fantasy Adventure. They kept the story 100% accurate and I loved the new graphics and menu layout. In the final part of the story and got the trophy for earning 100,000 gold already. I did get a Game Over once at the Kraken but other than that, I haven't died against any boss so far. :)

Tomorrow I'll try to finish inFAMOUS Second Son's good playthrough and get the platinum and then take a break for Christmas. I plan to buy Super Mario Maker for 3DS tomorrow. :D

I'm not sure if I'll be able to play much over the next few days, so here's a quick update:

1. Broken Age (15%)
  2. Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (18% -> 53%)
  3. Letter Quest Remastered (19% -> 28%)
  4. Transistor (10%)
  5. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (19%)

Finished my first playthrough of EGttR, then a second run using guides to get three of the trophies with more arcane requirements.  Enjoyed the story and atmosphere; some of the music is great, too. 

I'll join this round again! I only got a couple done from last round, but Dragon's Plat Rain Day took up more of my time. However, they coincide this time, so I'll be able to knock out two birds, one stone!

1. Alone With You (PS4) - 4% (3/25)
  2. Lara Croft GO (PS4/Vita) - 0% (0/18)
  3. Far Cry Primal - 0% (0/51)
  4. Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - 0% (0/19)
  5. Beyond: Two Souls (PS4) - 0% (0/46)
  6. Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception Remastered - 4% (3/51)

7. Batman: A Telltale Game (PS3) - 0% (0/31)

8. Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (Vita) - 0% (0/36)
  9. The Amazing Spider-Man (Vita) - 2% (1/42)

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 17% -> 19%

I ended up without a whole lot of time over the past couple days and just ended up playing other things instead. That said, I managed to sneak in a chapter in the dead of night to make sure I at least had something for today and I plan to do two chapters at the least tomorrow to make up for the absence.

• Like 1

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 19% -> 23%

Got done Chapter 5 and gathered the chips and the disc I needed to make a Godly Game to get that silver out of the way. Not quite done for the night, but my Vita is just about dead at the moment, so I'm taking a little break while it charges up. Maybe I can go through the next chapter as well.

• Like 1

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 23% -> 27%

Got done Chapter 6 and cleaned up the 50 item silver. The game is still tedious as hell, though at least the past few missions only took me 10-15 minutes instead of 20-30. The first part of the fort one can fuck off with it's arbitrary turn limit though. I had to redo the whole thing because I reached the turn limit with two characters left just about to reach the exit and no enemies in sight. Made sure to only deploy three of the seven characters the next time.

Could've probably done this all earlier, but I decided to go through Lara Croft GO this evening instead.

Edited by Walt the Dog

Merry Christmas to all of you! ^_^

1. inFamous: Second Son (76% - 38/48)
  2. Knack (7% - 5/42)
  3. Adventures of Mana (22% - 15/37)

Don't worry, this is only a placeholder - I intend to earn a few more trophies in Second Son before midnight mass. Also got a $25 Gamestop card I put towards KH2.8 for the New Year. I bought a copy of Pokemon Moon and locked it up until I got 100% on one of these games. I mean, one of the other games besides Hitman GO.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 27% -> 29%

Got done Chapter 7. Not sure if I'll manage Chapter 8 tonight. It's only two stages long, but IIRC, the first stage is split into five freaking parts and you only get three characters to use, all of whom are underleveled. At least I can spam Retreat to get instant game overs and make the stage easier each time, so it's just tedious more than anything. I'm on the second part of the first stage and it's boring as fuck, though at least with the EXP from defeating the boss characters, I'm not quite underleveled any more.

Edited by Walt the Dog

Hyperdevotion Noire (JP): 29% -> 38%

Got done Chapter 8, so now I can move on to... THE GRIND! *duh duh duh*

Likely gonna save Chapter 9 for last this time just to make it easier on myself. Also got done the 9,999 Damage trophy so I won't have to worry about that.

As for what's next, I'll do the credit grind to get that and the Sim Noire stuff done with and then I'll move into the dreaded lily rank grind.

Also, I'm currently at 20:34 for my total time in the game. I started this off at roughly 8 hours with the game (I had done the lily rank grinding between the goddesses beforehand). I'll likely check again right before I start the lily rank grind and then constantly afterwards as I question my life choices. :P

EDIT: Did a bit of the credit grind and I ended up popping the "100 battle" silver, so I changed the new percentage from 35% to 38% because I am not making a new post minutes after this one just to say "I was really close to 100 battles and now I have a new trophy." :P

Edited by Walt the Dog

On 11/25/2016 at 2:52 PM, ladynadiad said:

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II 14% (10 out of 51 trophies)
2. Demon Gaze 13% 16%  (11 out of 41 trophies)
3. TRINITY: Souls of Zill O'll 11% 28% (18 out of 42 trophies)
4. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir 0%
5. Time and Eternity 18% (7 out of 30 trophies)
6. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters 8% (6 out of 55 trophies)
7. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse 0% 20% (1 out of 5 episodes complete, 13 out of 58 total trophies)
8. Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness 0%
9. Tales of Graces f 0%

A bit more of an update here.  I finished one episode of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, got 5 more trophies in Trinity and 2 more trophies in Demon Gaze.  Also played some Cold Steel II  but no new trophies again since I've got a ways to go before finishing Act 2 and about the only stuff I could get before that are battle related trophies that I've got a ways to go on.  I know once I get past act 2 I'll have less problem getting trophies, it's just getting to that point when this part drags a bit.