ARK: Survival Evolved Release Date Announced

MesopithecusUK

After playing this game on Xbox as part of the Early Access program, I'm so thrilled this has finally got a PS4 release date of: December 6th

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/ark-survival-evolved-stomps-onto-the-playstation-4-r354/

Hopefully we'll be seeing more about this at PS Experience, but for those unfamiliar with the game, here is the announcement trailer from over a year ago however there have been so many changes and added content since then (new maps, new dinosaurs, new modes)

Scorched Earth expansion trailer

I've easily put in over 500 hours on an official PVE server, and around 150+ hours on a single player server (where you can adjust the games settings to fit your game play) and even though I have the Xbox version, will definitely be picking up a PS4 copy! :)

Edited by Rach
  • Like 2

Another game that i don't know honestly xD Saw Videos by who i follow when it came out and i liked it it was cool Espceially because i love survival games and There are so few of them on console...

Anyway i'll keep an eye on it, for sure nope at full price but maybe on a sale in the future, why not :)

Im not touching this, on Xbox one it ran terrible and was below 720p. Im guessing they have fixed these issues but im not buying until I see an fps analysis. 

I'm not sure when you last played the game on Xbox One but they have released many patches that have boosted framerate and performance, so it does run better now than original release and some of the lag/rendering issues when flying into a densely built area have been fixed (but not entirely)

I imagine the PS4 release will bring it's own unique set of ARK issues, but according to a stream that the devs did, it does run at 1080p.  The PS4 release has been managed by a different porting company (Abstraction games I believe?) so they have made some changes like making the UI crisper.

I guess we'll see for sure how it runs on Tuesday, but it doesn't deter me from playing.  I spent a lot of time with this game on X1 and I love it, I'm glad that it finally has a date it's coming out on PS4.

I'm not sure when you last played the game on Xbox One but they have released many patches that have boosted framerate and performance, so it does run better now than original release and some of the lag/rendering issues when flying into a densely built area have been fixed (but not entirely)

I imagine the PS4 release will bring it's own unique set of ARK issues, but according to a stream that the devs did, it does run at 1080p.  The PS4 release has been managed by a different porting company (Abstraction games I believe?) so they have made some changes like making the UI crisper.

I guess we'll see for sure how it runs on Tuesday, but it doesn't deter me from playing.  I spent a lot of time with this game on X1 and I love it, I'm glad that it finally has a date it's coming out on PS4.

Release and it was so unstable I just stopped. Although you saying they fixed it has gave me a bit of hope. I played on PC but only two friends have a pc so if the ps4 version is stable enough ill get.