spinning the yarn 4 glitch (40 sidequests complete)

Infected Elite

I would still wait until you reach way more sidequests. (you have to reach 80 anyways) .  Maybe some quests dont count as sidequest.   or the counter is little bit buggy.

My 20 sidequest trophy popped when i found an npc randomly in need for a potion. And i think they dont even show up in quest log.

Just keep going .... not much you can do if you dont have backup on save befor reaching the 40th quest. 

I would still wait until you reach way more sidequests. (you have to reach 80 anyways) .  Maybe some quests dont count as sidequest.   or the counter is little bit buggy.

My 20 sidequest trophy popped when i found an npc randomly in need for a potion. And i think they dont even show up in quest log.

Just keep going .... not much you can do if you dont have backup on save befor reaching the 40th quest. 

yeah i decided to just keep going for a bit, i think after 4 or 5 more quests turned it, it popped. Im thinking the photo ops dont count for it. 

yeah i decided to just keep going for a bit, i think after 4 or 5 more quests turned it, it popped. Im thinking the photo ops dont count for it. 

very good :) . with this high amount of possible sidequests its easy to just do more and more until it finally pops :)

gl on other trophies.

not counting hunts. but it popped, ill do the rest required for 80 after main quest. Right now im just trying to get a sturdy horn for ultima blade. Things arent dropping no matter how many horn breaks i get. Ugh.

Also recommended level for adamantoise/clocktower dungeon? (i think its called that lol its post game though)

not counting hunts. but it popped, ill do the rest required for 80 after main quest. Right now im just trying to get a sturdy horn for ultima blade. Things arent dropping no matter how many horn breaks i get. Ugh.

Also recommended level for adamantoise/clocktower dungeon? (i think its called that lol its post game though)

Not sure if you're making the same mistake I did or not, but only DUPLICORNS drop the sturdy helixhorn. Spiracorns don't. That's the mistake I made. To make them spawn easier, I would suggest saving outside of the location of "The Last Spiracorns" hunt, and loading if you don't get the drop. This is picked up at Old Lestallum.

For Costlemark Tower (I think that's what it's called) I would suggest ~55. It was managable at 50, but I had used significantly less items at 55, but other factors also kicked in, like the fact I upgraded to Ultima Blade, bought new weapons for everyone etc.

For Adamantoise, you can do it at around like 60-70 fairly easily. It would still probably be pretty easy even lower than that. You'll be using food which makes you do increased damage on higher level targets anyway.

Edited by Griffon234

Not sure if you're making the same mistake I did or not, but only DUPLICORNS drop the sturdy helixhorn. Spiracorns don't. That's the mistake I made. To make them spawn easier, I would suggest saving outside of the location of "The Last Spiracorns" hunt, and loading if you don't get the drop. This is picked up at Old Lestallum.

For Costlemark Tower (I think that's what it's called) I would suggest ~55. It was managable at 50, but I had used significantly less items at 55, but other factors also kicked in, like the fact I upgraded to Ultima Blade, bought new weapons for everyone etc.

For Adamantoise, you can do it at around like 60-70 fairly easily. It would still probably be pretty easy even lower than that. You'll be using food which makes you do increased damage on higher level targets anyway.

yeah ive been aiming for duplicorns, theres 2 during the hunt, ive been repeating it off and on just to get gil. 

55? thats not bad then, im level 43 now refusing to go to finish chapter 8 without the ultima weapon. Was also going to using an exp coin guide/magic farming idea but if i only need to be around 65 to beat adamantoise then ill not bother grinding to level 99. 

also cant find the food to increase drop rate by 50%, not in a store and Ignis doesnt have it for me yet. so that could also be affecting the horn drop

EDIT: just got it. Had the horn break, and did 2 more warps to the horn and it dropped. Normally if it said break i stopped because the horn wasnt able to be targeted anymore... YAY! ultima weapon.

Edited by LegacyJKO09

yeah ive been aiming for duplicorns, theres 2 during the hunt, ive been repeating it off and on just to get gil. 

55? thats not bad then, im level 43 now refusing to go to finish chapter 8 without the ultima weapon. Was also going to using an exp coin guide/magic farming idea but if i only need to be around 65 to beat adamantoise then ill not bother grinding to level 99. 

also cant find the food to increase drop rate by 50%, not in a store and Ignis doesnt have it for me yet. so that could also be affecting the horn drop

Never heard of that food that increases drop rate? I never used it anyway lol