REMASTER?

mojtaba333

2 hours ago, ModernDreamer said:

One word: money.

The trilogy holds up so well on the PS3, but with this new wave of remakes and remasters, it was only a matter of time before EA decided to milk this franchise some more. And I agree that they definitely should’ve went ahead and waited to remaster/remake the entire trilogy, but I’m sure it all comes down to the first game’s remake becoming successful. One can only hope that they get it right. 

Indeed. This is one of the more annoying side effects of the PlayStation 5’s arrival. It seems every company is either working on some next-gen “upgrade” of their games or has some remake/remaster in the works. Hell, there is reportedly even remakes of remakes being made! (*cough* TLoU) Lol

Of course I must acknowledge there have been many honourable devs offering next-gen upgrades for free, but in general it feels like more often than not we’re seeing a lot of really lazy schemes designed to capitalize on the new consoles and make a quick buck.

Dead Space is fucking awesome so who knows… maybe they’ll do an incredible job modernizing it and make me eat my words. I should like to be proven wrong if that were the case! But I’ll believe it when I see it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m curious as to why a remake of this game is even necessary? I’m playing Dead Space right now for the first time ever and I’m having a fantastic time. This game still looks and plays remarkably well today. I can see why this game is widely considered to be a classic.

It would make more sense to remaster the trilogy and make it accessible for all the people who never got a chance to play it and don’t own a PS3 anymore. But remaking the game seems pointless when the original is still such a satisfying experience.

As a rule of thumb I don't think any game from PS3 and later needs a remake. Bioshock, Mass Effect and Uncharted collection are all here as examples of 7th generation games that still hold up just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinnybass said:

As a rule of thumb I don't think any game from PS3 and later needs a remake. Bioshock, Mass Effect and Uncharted collection are all here as examples of 7th generation games that still hold up just fine.

I agree. It’s quite impressive how well a majority of the PS3 catalogue still holds up today! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ModernDreamer said:

but with this new wave of remakes and remasters, it was only a matter of time before EA decided to milk this franchise some more.

One might also consider the hype surrounding Dead Space's spiritual successor-- The Callisto Protocol.

The studio developing it is helmed by ex-Visceral manager (and Dead Space creator) Glen Schofield, so for it to gain as much traction as it has, you can't convince me that EA simply isn't trying to walk back some more on their single-player-games-are-dead mantra, and continuing with this to get in on the coin.

/shrug

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Pottercito_ said:

Yeah, pretty excited for the remake. I hope best of luck to EA. Lets hope they improve the combat system which I think is pretty basic.

Never would I expect to read something like this, lol.

On the other hand I got mixed feelings about this. Either we get something good with culture cancer 2022 or we get something really bad. Don't know if I even want any of both. GTA showed hows done worst.