$$$$$ BLOPS II Is Printing Money For Activision

DanielVT

Whether you love or hate COD, it show no signs of dying out. Game Informer has the whole story below which also can be read at: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/16/black-ops-2-sells-500-million-in-first-day.aspx

Black Ops 2 Sells $500 Million In First Day

by Jeff Cork on November 16, 2012 at 09:49 AM

img5051_010ybwx.jpg

Activision has announced that its Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has earned the company more than $500 million worldwide in the first 24 hours the game was made available. According to the company, that makes it the biggest entertainment launch of the year.

"With first day sales of over half a billion dollars worldwide, we believe Call of Duty is the biggest entertainment launch of the year for the fourth year in a row," said Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard's CEO. "Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded worldwide theatrical box office receipts for "Harry Potter" and "Star Wars," the two most successful movie franchises of all time. Given the challenged macro-economic environment, we remain cautious about the balance of 2012 and 2013."

The game was released on November 13, and there's no doubt that it will continue to sell like mad during the holiday season. That's great news for multiplayer fans, who won't have to wait long to find other players eager to take them on.

Halo 4 was released a week earlier, and it sold through more than $220 million in its first 24 hours. Considering it's only available on the Xbox 360, as opposed to Call of Duty's multiplatform approach, that's not too shabby either."

Not surprised in any way, it's COD. EVERYONE knows COD. Hell, I was on campus, 6:50 A.M. in the morning and a group of kids literally walked past me saying,"Bro, it's back. Kill Confirmed!! I played a match this morning, wipe the other team. Yeah, I'm that good." My ass. Everyone says their good, but I'm one of few who can admit I'm not. Dicks...

Not surprised in any way, it's COD. EVERYONE knows COD. Hell, I was on campus, 6:50 A.M. in the morning and a group of kids literally walked past me saying,"Bro, it's back. Kill Confirmed!! I played a match this morning, wipe the other team. Yeah, I'm that good." My ass. Everyone says their good, but I'm one of few who can admit I'm not. Dicks...

Scotty, I did not know you are in college as well!!! Sweet! Anyway, I AM good. and not to brag (I am totally bragging :P ) but my current K/D is 1.65 and it has only been skyrocketing as I keep getting matches like the one I just had where I go 20-2. lol I am a jerk I know. :P

Scotty, I did not know you are in college as well!!! Sweet! Anyway, I AM good. and not to brag (I am totally bragging :P ) but my current K/D is 1.65 and it has only been skyrocketing as I keep getting matches like the one I just had where I go 20-2. lol I am a jerk I know. :P

Haha, no, High School. I'm just used to calling it a campus but there is a college literally across the street from my High School.

Yeah, I can tell you're good. Saw your K/D on MoH: Warfighter, that's impressive. My K/D kept moving from a 1.05 to a 0.97. But I'm pretty good at Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but sadly, they're no longer active :(

• Like 1

Haha, no, High School. I'm just used to calling it a campus but there is a college literally across the street from my High School.

Yeah, I can tell you're good. Saw your K/D on MoH: Warfighter, that's impressive. My K/D kept moving from a 1.05 to a 0.97. But I'm pretty good at Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, but sadly, they're no longer active :(

Oh, I see, well you will be at a college campus soon I would imagine. :) I was not THAT good at MOH: Warfighter. :) My K/D is way lower than it should be as I had to use all the weapons to get the platinum. I tell you, some weapons just SUCKED. Also, I seemed to be the only person to actually try to plant/defuse the bomb, resulting in too many deaths for my liking. :P

I am horrible at the Uncharted games online, which is why I don't try to get the DLC trophies. I am positive that you would OWN me! :rolleyes:

Edited by Vote Mitt Romney
  • Like 1

WATCH OUT GUYS, WE'RE ALL SHEEP FOR BUYING GAMES WE ENJOY! AHHHHH!!!

KDR doesn't matter. It's all about WLR!

Meh, not really in Call of Duty. It hasn't happened in Blops II yet, but in all the other games I routinely get put into matches where the enemy team is about 5 kills from winning and my team is like 20 kills down. It still gets counted as a loss for me even though I was in the match for a whole 20 seconds. It's not about KDR or WLR, it's all about fun!

And off topic, Deth, you're a bastard. I've been eying damn Dragon Box's now because of your posts in the "last thing you purchased" thread and I'm getting ready to spend some money on volumes 1 and 3-7. Volume 2 is a ridiculous amount of moneys.

Parker

• Like 3

COD is the type of game where the majority of the people aren't the hardcore fanbase. They always buy the next one that comes out because they expect it to be just like MW1, they play it non-stop for a few months then they end up bitching about it and how it was a waste of money. I'm unfortunately a little bit of a sheep more or less because of curiosity. There is a chance that I might get Black Ops II on Black Friday.People loved MW2 and I loved it. People hated Black Ops I, but I loved it. People loved MW3, but I hated it. Only COD game that I believe to be worthy of full retail was WAW, Black Ops and MW2. (I've played all COD games except MW1.) I prefer Battlefield.

Meh, not really in Call of Duty. It hasn't happened in Blops II yet, but in all the other games I routinely get put into matches where the enemy team is about 5 kills from winning and my team is like 20 kills down. It still gets counted as a loss for me even though I was in the match for a whole 20 seconds. It's not about KDR or WLR, it's all about fun!

Well of course winning isn't everything, but don't you feel a little better when you win?

having fun = ice cream

winning = sprinkles

And off topic, Deth, you're a bastard. I've been eying damn Dragon Box's now because of your posts in the "last thing you purchased" thread and I'm getting ready to spend some money on volumes 1 and 3-7. Volume 2 is a ridiculous amount of moneys.

Parker

Oh thank you very much :D Well they sure look better than those nasty orange boxes. The quality is better than any other remaster too.

COD is the type of game where the majority of the people aren't the hardcore fanbase. They always buy the next one that comes out because they expect it to be just like MW1, they play it non-stop for a few months then they end up bitching about it and how it was a waste of money. I'm unfortunately a little bit of a sheep more or less because of curiosity. There is a chance that I might get Black Ops II on Black Friday.People loved MW2 and I loved it. People hated Black Ops I, but I loved it. People loved MW3, but I hated it. Only COD game that I believe to be worthy of full retail was WAW, Black Ops and MW2. (I've played all COD games except MW1.) I prefer Battlefield.

Well of course winning isn't everything, but don't you feel a little better when you win?

having fun = ice cream

winning = sprinkles

Oh thank you very much :D Well they sure look better than those nasty orange boxes. The quality is better than any other remaster too.

I still wouldn't qualify someone who genuinely enjoys the series as a sheep. The people I see as "sheep" are the ones who only buy it because their friends play it, because they are the ones just following what everyone else is doing. Doesn't really matter to me anyways, I was just fucking around with my comment in all caps, people can think I'm a sheep, goat, cow or lizard all they want and I'll be enjoying my video games. :lol:

And yes, of course I enjoy winning but I still stand by my previous statement that it isn't a huge deal in CoD because of the aforementioned problems. In CoD a really good teammate or two can carry the whole team, and in Battlefield you actually need a team to work together to destroy the opposing force. In CoD I think KDR is a bigger issue and in Battlefield I think WLR is a bigger issue due to the different styles of play. I can't tell you how many times I've sacrificed myself for the objective in Battlefield for my team so I'm sure my KDR is awful but in CoD I never really play objective based games (unless I'm with a group) so KDR is the determining factor in "skill."

Parker

Parker

I totally agree Parker! Just because I love the world's most popular game franchise, that mere fact alone does not make me a sheep. Also, WLR matter not at all. It can be screwed up by quitting or disconnecting etc.

Black Ops 2 deserved all that money. It's such a great game!

^ LIKE

I've never brought an COD game and proud! I've played blops single campaign for about 20 mins and although it was decent, I didn't think it was that great!

after seeing the review for blops 2 it looked pretty cool so I played it online at a friend's but I wasn't impressed.

I don't know what all the fuss is about tbh..

I'll stick to BF3 B-)

• Like 2

I totally agree Parker! Just because I love the world's most popular game franchise, that mere fact alone does not make me a sheep. Also, WLR matter not at all. It can be screwed up by quitting or disconnecting etc.

And KDR can be faked by telling your friend to sit there as you can kill him over and over.

And KDR can be faked by telling your friend to sit there as you can kill him over and over.

A very small percentage of the gamers do that. Also, anyone doing that that is caught will be banned from the game. Players can bust boosters by using the movie maker feature.